[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Megaman 2. Best Megaman game, or overrated piece of garbage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: mega_man_2_stage_select_remake.png (10KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
mega_man_2_stage_select_remake.png
10KB, 256x224px
Megaman 2. Best Megaman game, or overrated piece of garbage?
>>
it's good, but overrated
the wily stages after the first one suck ass
I think I prefer 1, 3 and 4 over it
>>
It's good but not that good. Perhaps it's because it has the best soundtrack of the franchise overall
>>
>>4138024
I think 1 is better but it s kind of like Evil Dead 2
2 is still great
I like all the NES ones
>>
>>4138024
2=3>4>1>6>5
This is objectively correct.
>>
It's a great upgrade over MM1 and really set the standars really high for the series.

Sadly it's got some flaws, like poor balancing and some questionable design choices here and there

Overall it's great but out of the first 6, I like 4 the best, for me it's most "balanced" and polished in the series, it's really the "in between" of the first 6, while still retaining interesting gameplay
>>
File: 5-3.png (2KB, 256x232px) Image search: [Google]
5-3.png
2KB, 256x232px
Stupid question: if you were to talk about them or describe them, how would you call these screens?
>>
>>4138653
Boss intro screens?
>>
>>4138024
Megaman 2 is like the Jesus of Megaman games. It saved our souls from 1, then died for our sins when 3.
>>
>>4138590
>2 on the same level as 3

Not with all that slowdown, broken rush jet, and lazy ass wily castle levels.

2 is literally perfect.
>>
>>4138024
Overrated. Shit levels, horrible instrumentation and unbalanced weapon roster.

(9) > 4 > (10) > 6 > 3 > 5 > 2 > 1
>>
>>4139150
I'd agree with the top of your list, but then

>5>2

Now you're just trying to troll the MM2 fanboys
>>
>>4139150
>1 worst
>4-6 anywhere but shit because too easy
>3 not last

Neck yourself.
>>
>>4139162
Nah. I barely prefer MM5 over MM2 but I never look forward to playing both. Everything over 5 I consider fun despite some glaring issues (3's slowdown and fortress stages, 6's easy difficulty, etc.)
>>
File: 1583475323742.png (33KB, 228x218px) Image search: [Google]
1583475323742.png
33KB, 228x218px
>>4139104
>2 is literally perfect
>>
>>4139804
git gud
>>
>>4138024
Why not both?
>>
Best.
Without it, we wouldn't have the rest of the series. One could say that about MM1, but it didn't have the impact that 2 did.
It's like saying that the Arkham series is the best Bman games: sure there was others (Nes Bman is my fave) but Arkham has pretty much set the tone for all Future Bman games untill society forgets what a Batman is and why the primitives used to watch other primatives autoerotic themselves dressed as it.
>>
2 is overrated because of nostalgia

Can't deny it didn't set the tone for all the games, but it's such a janky piece of garbage with imbalanced weapons and the awfully stupid Wily bosses
>>
>>4140128
I marathoned the series a few years back and liked 2 the best out of them all.

Stay mad.
>>
>>4139804
it's not just the boss that's the problem, the wily stages are boring garbage for the most part
and of course metal blades make every other weapon useless
>>
>>4140418
The Wily stages in MM2 are good, but for the most part they concentrate on platforming with a lot of instant death rather than shooting.
Kinda like MM9, which everyone and their mother complained about, even though noone complains about it for 2.

One thing in 2 though is that I don't like the graphics of the wily stages past the first one. They look quite repetitive, generic, and the colours make them ugly at times
>>
>>4140418
>try a metal blade-less run
>it's suddenly much more fun and pretty much every weapon gets a use
Metal Blade and Boobeam Trap are by far the worst mistakes of MM2.
>>
>>4140440
I think the reasons 2 is loved the most is because it was the first MM for a lot of people, metal blades, normal (easy) mode and an admitedly fantastic OST
>>
>>4140450
That, and 2 was a massive improvement over 1 and is the entire reason why Mega Man ever became popular.
>>
>>4140460
well the password system and getting rid of the point system were improvements
e-tanks were a mistake tbqh and I'd rather replay 1 over 2
>>
>>4138024
2 is a reddit game
>>
>>4138024
It's overrated, but not garbage.

The game is fun, but it lacks polish. Megaman didn't really start hitting a groove until 4.
>>
it's good but 9 is the best
>>
>>4138024
>the levels are bare bones
>some levels have 3-5 enemies total, no traps, no mini bosses, low difficulty
>the difficulty makes it easy for 6yr olds to beat the masters
>u can beat flash man's stage without killing more than 1 or 2 enemies

Ive owned all 6 since I was 13 and MM2 has never impressed me. I guess its because i started on MM3 at the age of 5 and the superior graphics and audio of MM3/4/5/6 spoiled me.

Koonami and Capcom's NES chips around 1990-1992 were so sexy to the ears and eyes.
>>
>>4138024
Everything fine until the wily stages, everything falls apart from there.
also metal blade is the only thing remotely worth using.
>>
>>4138024
Overrated, but not garbage.

4 is the best NES Mega Man. 8 is best in general.
>>
File: Mega Man 4 Intro.png (5KB, 238x404px) Image search: [Google]
Mega Man 4 Intro.png
5KB, 238x404px
Overrated is a bullshit term. It just means you're not experiencing something the same way as everyone else.

Overrated means: "Stop liking things that I don't!" It's a lazy argument.

Also, nothing is objective. Everything is subjective.

Here's the Mega Man games I enjoy the most in order:

Mega Man 4
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 2
Mega Man
Mega Man 5
Mega Man 6
>>
What's with the Dislike of 6 anyway? It's been a while since I played it.
>>
File: 61.jpg (2MB, 2432x3504px) Image search: [Google]
61.jpg
2MB, 2432x3504px
>>4143608
MM6 is awesome. It's just too easy, and the boss patterns are lame for the most part.

But here is how to make Rockman 6 even better (copy pasta) :

Rockman 6 (does not work with MM6):
Lag reduction patch but also speeds up the process of many things, like loading times, scrolling when entering a room, etc:
http://www.geocities.jp/borokobo/zip/Rock6Optimization101.zip
Fixed sliding. In the original MM6, and unlike other MM games, you couldn't jump during a slide, plus there is a small delay, wait time, at the end of a slide. This fixes both:
http://www.geocities.jp/borokobo/zip/Rock6FixSlide2.zip

With both patches applied, RM6 becomes 100% more fun. Tested to work flawlessly on real hardwarewith a flaschart too with both patches applied .
>>
>>4138024
I like it a bunch. Increasingly unsure if it's the best, lack of charge and slide are pissing me off, and it's relatively easy.
it's got my favorite Robot Master designs by far though

I think a bunch of people like it the most because playing on Normal makes the game ridiculously easier, and the rest of the series doesn't bother with difficulty modes.

>>4138653
they're called title cards
>>
>>4138024
OVER. RATED
>>
It's a great game and it's the reason I even got into the Mega Man games, but it's not as good as 3 and 4
>>
3 is better.
>>
File: 50916486_p0.jpg (874KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
50916486_p0.jpg
874KB, 750x1000px
>>4138024
Good game, not overrated really but I think people pass over it's flaws. It's too easy, wily levels are a bit weak, and the boobeam trap is a terrible boss.

Overall I think MM&B is the best game in the series but if looking at only the nes games I would say 4 is the best, though I would argue only 4, 6, and maybe 1 are better then it. 3 and 5 are definitely inferior in my mind to 2.
>>
Best of the classic ones.
>>
>>4146038
3 was Rushed.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.