[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much will we be able to flip these for? $200?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4080.png (230KB, 533x507px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4080.png
230KB, 533x507px
How much will we be able to flip these for?

$200?
>>
>>4136563
The HDMI bug in the chipset will render them all useless. Don't buy them.
>>
Imma laugh when y'all end up with 3 or 4 extra SNES minis
>>
>>4136581
>>4136575

Still flipable though right?
>>
>>4136563

Bump
>>
>>4136575
what bug?
>>
>>4136581
I'll leave them all to my wife's children and pay for their community college
>>
OP have you ever actually played a video game in your entire life or do you just buy Ninty's emulation boxes that you resell anyway.
>>
>>4137383

I love vidya

I love money

Win
>>
>>4136575
Joke's on you, I'm modding them for RF, just like the developers intended.
>>
>>4136563
Scalpers go to hell
>>
I preordered 2. Now to see if they get cancelled by WalMart.
>>
i bet >$200. ninty confirmed its a limited run + snes is more popular than nes.

enjoy your fast cash anon
>>
>>4137756
when/where did they confirm it was a limited run? Last I heard they were saying it would not have the same supply issues as the nes mini.
>>
>>4137764
they said they'll release more units but they never said it's unlimited. if they're not complete idiots they'll keep producing em
>>
>>4136563
Reminder that the real problem isn't scalpers, it's capitalism because it not only allows them to exist but also encourages it.
>>
>>4137764
http://www.businessinsider.com/nintendo-mini-snes-availability-2017-6

I believe these classics are all a plan to rebuild the value of the nintendo brand and name.

>>4137776
this. scalping IS capitalism. You cannot be mad at scalpers without being mad at capitalism.
It's just basic supply and demand.
scalpers are providing value to consumers who weren't able or didn't want to get the limited supply of the units.
>>
>>4137791
The whole issue of supply and demand in retro games wouldn't fucking exist if it weren't for capitalism. Think about it, game companies have held the rights to God knows how many franchises that are only relevant in the retro ages hostage for decades beyond their best buy date even though they haven't made a dime in years. This was allowed because the Disney company managed to lobby for extended copyright periods (Which again would only exist under capitalism because it's a perpetual machine of endless growth for the capital). Ironically scalpers and emulation made me start to think "Y'know, maybe capitalism IS fucked". Emulation is literally the only way for retro games to be preserved as it stands.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4DySY_g21c
>>
>>4136563
In Australia I have ordered 15, I will be surprised if they sell for any less than 350 $
>>
>>4137554
>>4137615
>>4137791
>>4138139

Where can I preorder them? The Nintendo site says "retailer info coming soon"
>>
>>4137804
Technically emulation preserves consoles, roms preserve games.

I hate capitalism as well. Reselling is not a real job, it produces nothing of value and if people make money off it at least don't expect others to be impressed by it.
>>
>>4137756
>snes is more popular than nes.
Wrong
>>
Did Nintendo go through the internet killing off all the roms because of this fucking shit?

I just wanted to play Super Metroid, but there is no fucking way to find it. The hell I'd pay $200 for this shit.
>>
>>4138731

Wal-Mart had them up last night for a little bit. Some are claiming that their preorders have been cancelled (some of which sound like were maybe cancelled due to it having been preordered on a new account or something?), while others apparently still have valid orders shown as processing (which is where mine is at now, no cancellation message yet). On the one hand I'd not be surprised if all the current preorders wind up voided for some reason or another such as circulating claims supposedly generated by customer service reps that they were inadvertently put up for preorder by Wal-Mart, but on the other I wouldn't put it past people to doom and gloom troll, especially by people who missed preordering it.
>>
>>4138801
Technically, emulation preserves the programs of the consoles and not the consoles themselves, you hair splitting faggot.
>>
>>4139018
Literally the first result on google for me.
>>
>>4139285

I get Emuparadise

They got DMCA'd
>>
>>4139018
go to /t/
>>
>>4139294
https://anonfile.com/8aE4Zdbebf/Super_Metroid__JU_____.zip

The site I used seems to have shitty bandwidth but I got it before it went down.
>>
>>4137776
truly comrade, once we seize the memes of production Nintendo will make a SNES classic for everyone to enjoy
>>
>>4137776
wtf i hate the basic principles of western society now
>>
>>4136563
No, more like $99.95
>>
>>4139018
http://public.domesti.cat/SNES/ROMS/
>>
I should be legal to murder scalpers imo
>>
>>4136563
Can anyone please tell me why I should have that """""""""""""""""""""""collector's ((console))"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" if I already own an SNES?

The ONLY reason to buy one of those is to resell it in its original package 30 years later for 100x its price.
>>
>>4141000
And if all you're looking to do is invest, stocks would yield you so much more money down the line than a toy.
>>
>>4141000
10x* btw
>>
>>4141000
You don't.

Why do you think everything Nintendo makes has to appeal to you?
>>
>>4141017
Because I don't get the marketing behind this console.
>>
>>4141028
It's for kids and "I remember the nintendo!" facebook normies.

My sister bought a NES mini for those exact reasons.
>>
>>4137776
Agreed, The people willing to pay Over Retail for these things are encouraging the scalpers, If people would just stop paying the scalpers they would lose money and would stop trying to scalp these, but it doesn't seem like that will happen.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.