[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got any love for the Donkey Kong Land games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: dkl.jpg (212KB, 786x530px) Image search: [Google]
dkl.jpg
212KB, 786x530px
Got any love for the Donkey Kong Land games?
>>
>>4136242
DK '94 > any Rare DK game
>>
The original is better played on a Color Game Boy, the brick Game Boy makes sprites too hard to see.
>>
I've only played the first one. It was decent, but the save system was shit.
>>
>>4136242
They are pretty great
When played on the GBC
>>
>not playing the Japanese release of DKL3
Japan got a full colorized version for GBC. All we got was a monochrome GB version.
>>
>>4136242
The first DKL is a mess, the second one is playable but feels like a poor man's version of DKC2 for the SNES and DKLIII is a fun game that I'd recommend to everyone, even those who didn't like the DKC series on the SNES.
>>
>>4136382
DKL1 was the only truly original one. It picks up right after the DKC1 and explores new worlds
DKL2 & 3 are just DKC2 & 3 on Gameboy.
>>
I had all 3, but I have a place in my heart for DKL 2. Grandma got it for me (and Mario Land 2) when I was visiting her as a young kid.

I had so much fun with those games on my Game Boy Pocket. Good times.
>>
>>4136521
Where I come from there's a saying that goes "it's better to steal well than to create poorly". It's nice and all that the first DKL has some original sounds and creatures but the very limited camera, slippery controls and easy off-screen kills combined with the save system where you have to collect all the KONG letters in one level to be able to save at all negate any originality it had going for.

Besides, DKLIII doesn't play at all like DKC3 except for some familiar chiptune renditions. There's a lot less to collect and because of the bigger focus on the levels themselves and the level design it feels way less bloated than any DKC3 level. Seriously, name me one level from it that's not some thought out gimmick. Having the option to do RTAs from individual levels is a much better reward than having a huge bird drop an eggshell on K.Rool after he stole your hovercraft..
>>
Why do gameboy games remind of cold, rainy afternoons under the blankets?
>>
>>4136612
Because they're all grey and dreary.
>>
>>4136242
fun fact: they over produced DKL3. If youre lucky you can still find sealed copies of it in retro stores selling at the orig MSRP
>>
>>4136626
You had a GB Pocket?
>>
>>4136242

The jump physics are slightly off in them and it triggers my autism.
>>
I had DLK1 as a kid. I 103%'d it many times (or was it 105%?)

I really enjoyed it a lot, even though, it is true that sometimes you have to take leaps of faith and not know if you're going to land in a pit.

Anyway finding all the secrets was fun.
>>
donkey kong land 1 was the best because it has the banana yellow game cart. the other ones are shit, created by retards
>>
File: IMG_20170722_232724.jpg (358KB, 1000x882px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170722_232724.jpg
358KB, 1000x882px
>>4136242
Played the shit out of them as a kid. I have a distinct memory of getting a Game Boy Pocket + DKL2 for Christmas. The Pocket was such a huge upgrade from the brick, and DKL2 was the first game I got to experience on it.
>>
Just like the MM xtreme and megaman games on GB, it just makes me wish I had the regular console copies. Too light on gaming calories for me.
>>
>>4139986
The other 2 had yellow carts too though
>>
>>4139986
See >>4140040
and >>4140324
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.