[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A platformer in the engine of Sonic R. Would you have played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: sonic-r_2.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sonic-r_2.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
A platformer in the engine of Sonic R. Would you have played it? Would it have saced the Saturn?
>>
It would have been a terrible game. The controls for sonic r wouldn't work for a platformer. They barely work for a racing game.
>>
>>4132981
In theory, maybe. They'd have to change up the controls, but after that it could work. The game was certainly nice to look at, I would have played one like this if it worked.
>>
>>4132984
its almost like they optimized the game to not control like a platformer.
>>
I feel like the bosses would make or break it.
>>
>>4132981
No, exclusive football and soccer games would have though.
>>
File: mario64sucks.png (113KB, 630x296px) Image search: [Google]
mario64sucks.png
113KB, 630x296px
>>4132984
Platformers don't work in 3d, period.

You can bitch and cry about this statement and offer up BUT MAH MARIO 64 all you want, it doesn't change the facts. Mario 64 was an overhyped, carefully marketed game with paid for reviews that fooled the new gaming generation that signed on to gaming in the mid-90s with no context about how gaming was supposed to be, made to think a game you had to memorize quirks of (which is what Mario 64, at its core, really is) is actually good, when it's really not. Old Mario games were playable by reacting to what came up, as you had a definite feel of what every action you did was going to do, even in a new situation, instead of having some spastic 3d camera with a quirky, imprecise controller making every single new situation impossible to accurately predict.

3d platformers were a horrible mistake, and are one of the many reasons the mid-90s was the downfall of gaming, and why /vr/ should be pre-1995 only.
>>
>>4133026 Biggest faggot on this thread.
>>
>>4133026
hi arin
>>
>>4133026
You know how I know you were born after Mario 64 came out?
>>
>>4133026

Not retro, but Galaxy is one of the best-controlling platformers of all time.
>>
File: tumblr_o9va3aWh1X1u5cb23o1_500.gif (449KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9va3aWh1X1u5cb23o1_500.gif
449KB, 480x270px
>>4132981
Sonic charactes look really good in that blocky 3D.
>>
File: sonic-fighters_2.png (442KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sonic-fighters_2.png
442KB, 640x480px
>>4132981
>>4133401
>no sonic platformer developed by AM2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE21Rde8VDU
>>
>>4133026
Fuck you.
>>
File: download.png (7KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7KB, 224x225px
>>4133026
>>
>>4133026

or you just need to git gud kiddo
>>
>>4133026
You should leave /vr/ forever
>>
>>4133026
Here's a (you) friend, don't spend it all in one place.
>>
File: index.png (677KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
677KB, 960x720px
>>4133026
Hey Faggots,

My name is Mario, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass 2D sprites. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any stars? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than running through a loop grabbing rings.

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was captain of the karting team, and starter on my tennis team. What sports do you play, other than "jack off to 8/16 bit sprite sheets"? I also get lotsa spaghetti, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just made me a cake; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
>>
File: 1499907613323.png (18KB, 257x149px) Image search: [Google]
1499907613323.png
18KB, 257x149px
>>4136167
>This is even worse than running through a loop grabbing rings.
>>
>>4133026
I somewhat agree with this. In terms of pure skill-based platforming, games like Crash Bandicoot and Sonic Adventure were far more accurate to the old-school style. When you design the game like Mario 64, you get shit like people beating in a dozen a-presses due to the focus on floatier controls.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.