[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Willow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: Zelda like games.png (674KB, 1100x746px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda like games.png
674KB, 1100x746px
Was Willow reviewed in Nintendo Power? Mobygames says Volume 7 reviewed it. I checked archive.org, and Vol 7 is a preview, 8-9 are guides. No review.

Google Books, says that on page 82 of "Nintendo Power, Volumes 237-239", there appears to be some kind of review. No clue why it'd be in such a late issue.

https://archive.org/details/Nintendo_Power_Issue001-Issue127

https://books.google.ca/books?redir_esc=y&id=YYpYAAAAYAAJ&focus=searchwithinvolume&q=willow
>>
File: content[1].jpg (11KB, 575x92px) Image search: [Google]
content[1].jpg
11KB, 575x92px
>>4132927

This is what Google says is on page 82.
>>
>>4132927

the "review" is on page 61 of issue 8.
>>
>>4132980

Yeah, I know that. There's no review score since it's just a preview.

Mobygames says Nintendo power in the Sept issue gave it 4/5. Doing the math, it's 3.75. Maybe they rounded up?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/nes/willow-

In any case, it doesn't line up with the later Nintendo Power review, so it's actually a separate one.
>>
File: 061.jpg (495KB, 1280x1688px) Image search: [Google]
061.jpg
495KB, 1280x1688px
>>4133023
Here's a score.
>>
File: willow-domestic-bddvd-3_4.jpg (110KB, 534x712px) Image search: [Google]
willow-domestic-bddvd-3_4.jpg
110KB, 534x712px
>>4132927

Now you made me want to watch Willow again.

Forget Tolkien, Harry Pothead and Game of Killing each other, Willow is what it's at.
>>
>>4135876
game of thrones is just a soap opera with a fantasy setting. I cant believe people actually like that crap
>>
>>4135876
>liking Willow
My nigga
>>
>In a 2014 interview with Famitsu, Shinji Mikami noted that when he joined Capcom in 1990, all of those who were accepted into the company got a free copy of the game.[7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willow_(NES)
>>
>>4136891
what game do they give now
>>
What pissed me off about this game was the font used, it made passwords a bitch for me at age seven.
>>
>>4132927
>2D top down exploration puzzle action
What the fuck is this keyword list? The genre is called action/adventure. And some games on the list are action/rpgs.
>>
>>4137838
Not as bad as Faxanadu.
>>
>>4138035
>The genre is called action/adventure.

That's pretty vague. It could be 2D, 3D, and "adventure" could mean anything.
>>
>>4136192
I think you mean mah peck
>>
>>4136908
DmC: Devil May Cry
>>
>>4138413
Adventure tends to mean exploration and puzzle solving. The "action" part means you also kill shit along the way, whereas a pure adventure game is just your Monkey Islandesque point & clicks.
>>
>>4136184
I can see that, but if soaps has this much war, politics, intrigues, and thrills on top of impending doom, I would be way more into daytime soaps than I am now. I could too, I have no day job. But all I've seen so far is rich white people problems the shows.

So I'll stick with got, tyvm
>>
>>4132927
>nintendo power
>Caring what an official first party promotional/shilling publication thinks about a game.
It's literally an advertising booklet.
>>
>>4132927
why do people not get banned for this autistic spam?
>>
>>4139420
>>4139414

>looking for sources is bad guys.
>>
>>4139420
Are you high? This is the exact kind of stuff you should expect to find on a forum about retro gaming.
>>
>>4139610

autistic bullshit like this? lol no.
>>
>>4132927

Did Nintendo Power ever properly "review" anything? They had little mini-reviews I guess, and they gave quality scores sometimes, but I don't remember them ever having full article-length reviews. It wasn't really a review magazine; it was more about previews, tips, secrets, and a little bit of reader community.
>>
>>4132927
Holy shit who unironically says that?
>"Anon do you want to play this fightan?"
>"No I'm too busy playing this 2d Top down exploration puzzle action game right now"
>>
File: crystalis_large.jpg (463KB, 800x1144px) Image search: [Google]
crystalis_large.jpg
463KB, 800x1144px
>>4132927
Crystalis is FUCKING great
>>
>>4139630
Everything is autism. Your post is autism.
>>
>>4139367
War and politics are royalty (therefore rich white people) problems.
>>
>>4139780
>every enemy and boss has a level threshold that you must meet or else you deal zero damage
>all the fights are piss-easy once you meet the threshold
Truly a masterpiece.
>>
>>4140212
I didn't even notice that in my playthrough, in fact I need to see some proof. I was too busy having F U N
>>
>>4140216
https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Crystalis/Enemies
https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Crystalis/Bosses
>>
>>4140220
Ok how does it ruin the game, in your opinion?
>>
>>4140224
It's forced grinding. It kills the replay value when you know you'll have to spend time grinding enemies to be able to damage the next boss. I ran into this problem late in the game in my first playthrough when I couldn't damage a boss and spent a dozen times trying to kill him without understanding why I couldn't. It's an awful mechanic and there's no logical reason for it to exist.
>>
>>4140224
JRPG shit in an ARPG game.
>>
>>4140232
Well, I never ran into that problem, I maxed out at some point later on anyway. So it didn't ruin it for me, but then I just got lucky.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.