[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not enjoying this game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: DeusExCover.png (623KB, 600x745px) Image search: [Google]
DeusExCover.png
623KB, 600x745px
It got rave reviews. I also remember enjoying the first hitman game. Is this game not fun or is there something wrong with me or have my tastes changed.
>>
>>4132250
Its more for the story. The gameplay itself was meh.
>>
>>4132254
but that's not true. Level design is one of the best ever
>>
>>4132250
If you can't even be bothered to say anything slightly interesting about the game and your criticisms, don't try to start a discussion, idiot. Delete this thread.
>>
>>4132403
probably just another idiot who died on the first level because he didn't know it was a stealth game.

it happens more often than you think.
>>
The game starts off awfully slow, but gets better quickly after that.

Seriously though, that was an awful first level to start a game. Almost quit after that.
>>
If it gets to hard just look up console commands
>>
File: denton cosplay.jpg (112KB, 720x1277px) Image search: [Google]
denton cosplay.jpg
112KB, 720x1277px
Deus Ex is notorious for the slow and "bad" start. The first thing it throws at the player is the complex premise, and then the Liberty Island level that is depressingly cold and gray. The player is both confused and underwhelmed.

I promise you it gets better immediately after you get inside the UNATCO HQ for the first time after the first mission. You get to interact with characters, you get some clarification to what the fuck is going on, you get guns, and then you get to proceed to the *real* Deus Ex we all know and love.

Remember; DX is a stealth game, at least for the first few hours when your character is weak and fragile. Take your time to sneak around, you might even find a way inside the objective buildings without single conflict. Later in the game you get to upgrade JC to be like the terminator if that's how you like to play.
>>
Absolutely amazing first level, great start

it was a motherfucking pleasure to explore the game then move on to the objectives
>>
>>4132250
It's one of the best WRPGs, but it's still a WRPG which means the gameplay is guaranteed to be shitty.
>>
>>4133226
This.
The first couple levels are crap and the rest of the game is amazing.

>>4132340
There's some unofficial janitor enforced rule that 2000s pc games are retro now
>>
>>4134168
>There's some unofficial janitor enforced rule that 2000s pc games are retro now
wrong
Deus Ex is
>>
>>4134171
I can kind of see Deus Ex, because it ran on 90s tech (the first Unreal engine) but that is very poorly defined here. That engine was used for lesser known titles until the mid 2000s. Deus Ex is noticeably tougher to run than Unreal/UT on my 90s machines, even at the beginning. It also runs on Windows NT 3.51, I guess that counts as retro.
>>
>>4134189
I've been here since 2014 and I can't say I remember the exact rationale, I didnt see the discussion if it happened openly.
But I rememberhearing about how it seems to be rejected by /v/ at large because of how "retro"/shitty it looks compared to current stuff, and let's face it, it wasn't a looker even back then and it still required a beefy setup. This is all I know, but it's definitely /vr/, it may not be on the sticker but it's official
>>
File: IMG_5732.jpg (23KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5732.jpg
23KB, 210x240px
>Native windows 98 game release date some months into 2000: NOT RETRO REEEEEEE
>FIFA 2005 for the PSX: totally fine guys
>>
>MUH ILLOGICAL RULES
>>
>>4132250
No. It was the same for me when I played the games, and I grew up with classic shooters and LGS games like System Shock, Thief andsoforth.

>>4132254
Basically this. The story isn't even THAT riveting - it's more about how uncannily prophetic this game became after 9/11. Remember that terrorism WAS a common theme in art in the latter half of the 20th century, but it always seemed much further away. The Statue of Liberty being bombed and 9/11 are an uncanny parallel.

And then there's the political fiction, like the stuff the NSF leader says, fighting a secret organisation... but the gameplay is just horrendous. Finding objectives is a chore, the morality system is as dual and sporadic as in a Bioware game, the different branches of accessing these goals don't matter overmuch and are poorly designed even for the time, and certain gameplay paths like stealth are worthless/unviable.

Not to forget that for a big portion of the beginning JC only has a glorified flashlight as an augmentation. The big idea about nano-augmentations is that you can have superhuman soldiers with minimally invasive surgical procedures. Why the fuck is UNATCO sending an augmented agent with 0 augmentations into the field? And why do characters like Navarre and Hermann harp on about you replacing them when the only thing you could replace is a fucking flashlight?

Honestly, DX is a diamond in the rough. Good ideas, terrible execution, became a cult hit because of historical reasons rather than inherent qualities.
>>
>>4134668
>stealth is worthless/unviable
You are dumb.
>>
>>4134668
>Why the fuck is UNATCO sending an augmented agent with 0 augmentations into the field?
>gameplay paths like stealth are worthless/unviable
Dude, if you do anything BUT stealth in the first level, you deserve to die. If you do anything but stealth on medium or higher in ANY level, you WILL die.
>>
>>4134668
Retard
>>
File: daedalus.gif (2MB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
daedalus.gif
2MB, 500x566px
>>4132250
I need you to keep playing. You will get into it with time. Your effort will be well worth it.
>>
>>4132250
>>4135441
NO, OP, DON'T TRUS—
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.