[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How was I supposed to know that I can use the chicken here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: Monkey Island.png (56KB, 642x427px) Image search: [Google]
Monkey Island.png
56KB, 642x427px
How was I supposed to know that I can use the chicken here?
>>
I started playing mi on my phone then birds gd accidently ran over the phone, im glad he dued on friday
>>
Also i refuse to play these games on my pc, damn i need to get a good phone, hope my birds gets a fat stack from that old cuck that died on the toliet on friday
>>
someone help wth is going on
>>
>>4132110
Because it has a pully in the middle
>>
>>4132129
...wut?
>>
>>4132110
It's probably the most vague puzzle in the entire game.
>>
the hell version is this that doesnt have the icons for items?
>>
>>4132239
>I started playing monkey island on my phone

>The girlfriends grandad accidently ran over my phone

>I cant play monkey island anymore

>Fast forward a year

>Girlfriends grandad dies on toliet last friday

>Fast forward to next month

>gf buys me new phone with cash the old cuck left her

>I start playing monkey island on said new phone
>>
>>4132264
Well that clears that part up. The more perplexing thing is why you refuse to play a computer game on your computer.
>>
>>4132264
lol nice story but yeah why wouldn't you just play this on a computer?
>>
>>4132276
>>4132281
Cos its comfy, playing games that required a desktop back in the day, the portability mainly
>>
>>4132262
The original version.
>>
File: Sega CD.png (35KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sega CD.png
35KB, 640x400px
>>4132262
I thought the only RETRO version of Monkey Island 1 that had inventory icons was the Sega CD version.
>>
>>4132110
Where else are you going to use the pulley the chicken has?
>>
>>4132262
>he hasn't played the original version of the game
>girlslaughing.jpeg
>>
>>4132341
Nah, senpai. DOS CD-ROM version has them too.
>>
>>4132384
>removes 90% of the verb commands
Why not just have "look" and "use"
>>
>>4132389
Most of those do fall under "use" though. Why do you need Turn On Turn Off
>>
>>4132110
You weren't. You were supposed to be the twinkle in your dads eye that you were. Kids old enough to know how cables and pulleys work figured it out pretty quick.
>>
>>4132952

>Why do you need Turn On Turn Off

For "turn on pirate" jokes.
>>
>>4132264
I thought you were implying that your gf's grandad went through the shit in your phone and prohibited you from playing Monkey Island. I was imagining some sort of elitist 86 year old tell you how back in the day he had to get himself a DOS to be able to play such games and that smartphones didn't even exist.
>>
>>4132110
This is why most point-and-clicks are total bullshit (not this specific part but just in general). Sierra games are the biggest dicks with this shit, zero indication on what to use where and they just expect autism levels of clicking random shit.
>>
>>4132110

>be me
>rope..
>look in inventory
>rubber chicken with a PULLEY in the middle

easiest puzzle ever.
>>
How was I supposed to know that I use the poke flute here?
>>
File: snorlax.png (3KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
snorlax.png
3KB, 320x288px
>>4134457
Forgot picture, fuck.
>>
>>4134457
Please be trolling. It literally tells you that's exactly what it's for.
>>
>>4132110
Didn't the sorceress tell you right away that it has a pulley in the middle, when you take it from her house?
>>
>>4135127
"rubber chicken with a pully in the middle" is mentioned several times. Its a bit of a no-brainer puzzle.

As a kid, the only thing that had me stuck for DAYS was talking Stan down on the price of the boat. That same nagging technique is used several times throughout the series but that first instance of it never ever occurred to me.
>>
>>4132110
The first few posts of this thread are so retarded you actually need a good reading comprehension to understand them
>>
>>4134460
the snorlax episode had already aired in the US by the time Red/Blue came out, I knew exactly what to do
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.