[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what games should I play if I enjoyed Planescape?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: Planescape-torment-box.jpg (41KB, 404x502px) Image search: [Google]
Planescape-torment-box.jpg
41KB, 404x502px
what games should I play if I enjoyed Planescape?
>>
Secret of Monkey Island. No really. You want point & click adventure games, right? Like Planescape.
>>
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
>>
I gave up on the new Torment game at like 2 hours in. Does it get any better?
>>
>>4131227

I find all those style of RPGs boring - Baldurs Gate etc. I don't know if it's the isometric graphics, excessive text or the combat system, they just put me to sleep.

It's my unpopular opinion in gaming
>>
>>4131235
I have found that once I treated my adhd I could play those type of games. Get a script for adderal
>>
>>4131240

Can't tell if you are trolling but I will bite.

I'm pretty sure I don't have ADHD, just an average milleniul brain ruined by constant stimulation.

That said, I like txt adventures and other txt heavy games. Just those infinity engine games don't grip me for some reason. I've never understood the hype.
>>
>>4130316
I agree with the other guy that if you liked Planescape you should probably try Adventure games. Combat kinda takes the backseat to setting and characters and writing in PT.

That said, I havent touched the new Torment so far. You could try Arcanum or Lionheart. Especially the later is pretty underrated despite the writing being bretty strong.
I also heard that Tyranny is pretty story have but just like with Nu-Torment I cant tell you anything about the writing.
>>
>>4131380
I've played a ton of this sort of game but I never bothered with Lionheart because of how stiff and uninspired it looked. Is it closer to Arcanum or BG in terms of control?
>>
>>4130316
>tt Beamdoge shill

Any "social" game.
>>
>>4131227
No. The writing is just as lengthy as planescape while being extremely boring and literally every single party member except for the little girl is terrible.

Waste of money.
>>
File: 1355578651331.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1355578651331.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>best RPG from the 90s and possibly from all time
>somehow /vr/ hates it
ye i get you're all hipsters living in a cave.
>>
File: IMG_0923.png (304KB, 529x487px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0923.png
304KB, 529x487px
>>4131240
Don't think I wanna get addicted to literal amphetamines, that stuff fucking ravages and estrous your brains reward chemicals with long term usage
>>
>>4130316

anything but numenera
shit's awful
>>
>>4130316
if you enjoyed PST you should stop playing videogames immediately because you have shit taste
>>
>>4132926
/vr is full of oldfags who have read books and played magic the gathering and ADnD and shit

seriously pick like any fantasy book from the 80s or 90s, planescape is god damn retarded

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thief_(Turner_novel)
>>
>>4134724

>planescape is god damn retarded

how so?
>>
>>4134724
>read books
check
>played magic the gathering
check
>ADnD
not ADnD but DnD so half check i guess

I think the game is pretty good and had no idea people would shit on it so hard
>>
I don't understand the popularity of this game.

Its mediocre in every sense of the word.
>>
>>4134736
Because it makes you feel special for liking it.
>>
File: motb.jpg (23KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
motb.jpg
23KB, 250x354px
>>4130316
>>
>>4136049
Better story, characters, and dialogue than any other game yo. Combat sucks ass though no doubt about that.
>>
>>4136071

Is the expansion really that amazing?
>>
File: 1467268726314.png (42KB, 797x924px) Image search: [Google]
1467268726314.png
42KB, 797x924px
>>4134724
>>4136049
>waaa waaa i want more Diablo
>>
>>4136060

Give me an example.
>>
>>4130316
Baldur's Gate, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, Icewind Dale
>>
>>4136182

Isn't Icewind Dale just a dungeon crawler like ToEE?
>>
>>4131235
They're very much catered more towards Tabletop roleplayers than gamers. Even classic RPG gamers.
>>
>>4136107
>>waaa waaa i want more Saga Frontier

Fixed, beamdoge faggot.
>>
>>4136197
SaGa Frontier was awesome
>>
>>4136102
Considering how little games are designed like that, yes. In some ways it's like a weird mix between Torment and Throne of Bhaal, but you get overpowered enough after some hours so combat doesn't feel too much like a chore.
>>
>>4136186
Yes, it has little to do with Torment except being made by the same developer and using infinity engine. Not even Baldur's Gate is really close to Torment.
>>
>>4136197
I actually do want more SaGa Frontier and I wholly accept this representation of me
>>
File: Tyranny_cover_art.png (343KB, 290x402px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranny_cover_art.png
343KB, 290x402px
>>4130316
>>
>>4136179
It's treated like a some gatekeeper game when it's just another verbose D&D game but with a hint of literature.
>>
>>4136564
so your problem is not with the game but the fans?
>>
>>4130316
the 'new' torment , kickstarter game 'tides of numeneria' (wrong spelling probably but idgaf) is similar but nowhere near as good. Which for me was still engaging enough to finish it, but it was over much faster than expected and the ending was anticlimactic.
>>
>>4136187
what is that supposed to mean?
who are those classic RPG gamers?
>>
>>4130316

Mappy, Mappyland, uhhh MAYBE Time Crisis... Mr. Do! is pretty similar to Planescape in spirit... I guess SimAnt?
>>
>>4132926
may i ask sauce on that image?
>>
>>4139719
Shin sekai yori
>>
Torment is great, there are tons of little details that would be missing in any modern RPG, stuff like 'every single one' of the undead at the start of the game have unique descriptions and speech trees, even though you can't really hold a conversation with them... because they're fucking zombies. Mid way through the game you get a power that lets you talk to the spirits of the undead. You can go back to the beginning and HOLY SHIT now you can have a lengthy, unique conversation with every one of those zombies. It doesn't advance the story or get you anywhere but that level of detail is really cool.
>>
>>4140586
>Shin sekai yori
thank you!
>>
>>4130316
read the bible
run around your city and talk to strangers
rummage through a few garbage cans
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.