[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a meme? People seem to enjoy it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (325KB, 640x914px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
325KB, 640x914px
Is this a meme? People seem to enjoy it.
>>
>>4129850
why would you think it's a meme?
>>
>>4129854
It says gimmick right on the box
>>
the game is good, but I played it for just a couple of levels
that pirate boss kicked my ass
>>
>>4129850
Its biggest gimmick is that it looks really good for an NES game. That aside it's a pretty good game though.
>>
You could try Trip World if the challenge is too much for you.
>>
File: IMG_0091.jpg (132KB, 620x585px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0091.jpg
132KB, 620x585px
>>4129850
It's OK. Presentation is excellent, and the level design is very good, but it's pretty slippery and too hard to be worth it. I beat it (didn't get the true ending), but I didn't feel very satisfied once I did.

Consider playing Trip World for a similar experience, but much easier and on Game Boy.
>>
>>4129850
A good game with a high skill ceiling. It's too hard to get the real ending though.
>>
>>4129850
Play games.
Then you will know.
Play games and post about them in Daily Progress Thread.
Otherwise gtfo, summer.
>>
>>4129865
segafag detected
>MUH INERTIA ISN'T FAIR
>>
>>4129850
>Is this a meme
Get out, underage.
>>
>>4129850
Eh. As far as 8-bit sunsoft games go, it's pretty low tier. Rather play Sillius or RotJ instead.
>>
>>4130013
Once you get the patterns down it loses a LOT of charm.
Honestly Sunsoft Batman or like, Ufouria are better as well.
It DOES have an awesome inertial system though, kind of like what Psycho Fox tries to do but fails at
>>
File: mr gimmick.png (13KB, 252x458px) Image search: [Google]
mr gimmick.png
13KB, 252x458px
Unironically one of the best games ever made. This game has been a huge favorite of fans of the system forever, and totally deserves any cult status that it has. Shigeru Miyamoto called it a "masterpiece", and Masahiro Sakurai commented that the game influenced the direction of Kirby (admitting the inspiration). Source: http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/5795528/

>>4129860
Play harder, that's only the second level!
>>
>>4129865
Except Trip World fucking sucks.
>>
>>4130067
I never even knew it existed before watching the GCCX episode
>>
>>4129850
I'm pretty sure that's a video game.
>>
>>4130070
You got shit taste. Trip World has some of the best control of any platformer on the Game Boy. My only problem with it is that it only takes an hour to beat.
>>
File: Mr.pepe.png (57KB, 184x160px) Image search: [Google]
Mr.pepe.png
57KB, 184x160px
>>4129850
>meme
life is a meme
>>
File: tumblr_n5ckoxCne31tu022ro6_250.png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5ckoxCne31tu022ro6_250.png
48KB, 250x250px
>>4129850
>meme
no hes a gimmick
>>
>>4130325
An hour? lol This one you can finish in 25 minutes and that's being generous.
And being short isn't a problem. The problem is being boring and devoid of challenge, similar to those Kirby games. But at least on kirby the normal enemies can hurt you.
>>
>>4130353
I don't think it needs to be difficult to be fun. It just feels really good to play.
>>
Mr. Gimmick is a magnum opus and way better than any of the other Sunsoft games. Fuck all of you.
>>
>>4130447
Good controls != good game.
>>
>>4130462
fun == good game
>>
>>4130471
>fun
subjective as fuck, anon
>>
>>4130473
yes indeed
>>
>>4130447
Zero The Kamikaze Squirrel for me.
I know I'm alone here.
>>
>>4130587
I can actually kind of understand that, I always thought Aero the Acrobat looked pretty interesting as well. I just never got the physics and the level design philosophy down enough to get hooked on it.

To be honest, I really enjoy the Alfred Chicken games as well.
>>
>>4129850
It's pretty good. It's kind of fucking hard. Getting some of the items is nuts, too.
I love the way the star works, but it's a bit tricky to get going with.
Music and graphics are amazing.
>>
The level design in this game is downright genius
If you get to the second boss before his alarm clock goes off, you can beat him without fighting. Nice!
>>
>>4130587
American Sunsoft was like, totally different from Japanese NES era Sunsoft.
>>
It's great, but play the famicom version with the 5B chip because the music is much better then the pal version.
>>
>>4129850
It's a fantastic game. Play the famicom version.
>>4129865
>too hard
lmao
>>
File: unnamed034.jpg (68KB, 307x512px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed034.jpg
68KB, 307x512px
slightly offtopic but i used to play this sunsoft mahjong game on ios and it had all their characters as tiles.

the only ones i recognized at first were blaster master and mr. gimmick but now i know they actually have a pretty substantial ip collection.
>>
>>4129850
For a while I listened to the full soundtrack every day. The levels look great with lots of imaginative details. But it's impossible to play causally after the 2nd level.
>>
>>4129850
Of course it's a meme. Yet another example of a game blown completely out of proportion based solely on the fact that it's considered rare and expensive by the reseller/collector market.
>>
It's genuinely a really nice game, for a lot of reasons.

It has a physics engine, which was pretty advanced for an NES game. The way the star projectile works is that the speed/trajectory are based on Gimmick's current speed/direction, so you have a lot of control over where it goes. The physics engine also affects movement on slopes and moving surfaces and such.

Then there's the soundtrack, which is also pretty sweet, but only in the Famicom version, due to the extra sound hardware. The EU NES port sounds terrible in comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9F_TvXZBeU

The level design is pretty nice, but there are some very questionable decisions. Like how one of the secret items (which you NEED to get the true ending) is hidden in such a way that you would never, ever figure out it was there unless someone told you about it. This is like, "made to sell Nintendo Power" levels of hidden.

It may look like a simple and straight-forward platformer, but it gets really hard really fast, especially if you're trying to get the true ending. (get all secret items and don't get game over)

Give it a play, it's lovely.
>>
>>4129850
It's a masterpiece, OP.
>>
>>4133962
Gimmick was known before speedrunning was popular you dingus
>>
>>4133570
I thought the 16-bit soundcard and amazing music is what it's known for. I didn't even know it was expensive.
>>
>>4136705
when you spend more time lurking on ebay and shitposting on forums than actually playing video games, you're bound to think that everything is a crafty reseller scheme
>>
>>4137196
>good goy, just keep playing those videogames, don't mind us over here screwing you for shekels
>>
>>4137203
>Emulation doesn't exist
your obsession with memes is getting in the way of your logical thinking
>>
>>4137203
>being this retarded
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKevE-_U4g0&t=646
>>
>>4129850

What game is this?
>>
>>4137215
I wanted to hear him play saxophone. stupid editing wtf.
>>
>>4129865
>didn't get the true ending
>wasn't satisfying
Gee I wonder..
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.