[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get this on ps3 or emulate some other release on PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: Ffobox.jpg (112KB, 597x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ffobox.jpg
112KB, 597x600px
Should I get this on ps3 or emulate some other release on PC (if so which one?). I never played a FF game and I wanna start from the beginning
>>
>>4129678
Buy Final Fantasy Dawn of Sorrows on GBA

It has extended story to FF2 as bonus
>>
>>4129702
don't have one but I'll emulate. also did a quick google and seems cool. thanks
>>
>>4129715
It's on the PSP as well which has even more content. The only missing thing is the vancian style casting which is a shame.
>>
>>4129725
desu now I have to play both ;_;
>>
>>4129741
Just play the PSP version, it has all the benefits of GBA plus an extra dungeon in FF1
>>
>>4129745
ok. more comfortable with psp emulation too
>>
>>4129725
Someone actually did hack Vancian magic into DoS recently.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3459/
>>
>>4129773
I'd still rather play the NES original than help beta test some random kid's romhack.
>>
emulate the psp version
>>
>>4129773
Fuck yes. Is this compatible with the balance patch? If so, this turns the GBA version into the definitive edition.
>>
>>4129678
I'm emulating exactly that version and having a blast. The GBA version is baby-tier easy.
>>
>>4129678
I'd recommend buying a physical copy or emulating over getting the PSN version, it's dirt cheap to find and you get II with it.
>>
>>4129678

I recommend learning Japanese, buy a Famicom and the original game. Game cost only a couple of bucks on ebay, and maybe you can get that retrojapan guy in that big thread to mail a Famicom to you.
>>
>>4129702
Don't do this. the GBA version has laughably nerfed difficulty. FF origins is the best release version of FF1.
>>
>>4130107
One of you fuckers in every thread...
>>
>>4129790
>If so, this turns the GBA version into the definitive edition.
Not with that downgraded audio and visuals. The added content is largely superfluous.
>>
>>4130114

Sorry for wanting to play games the way they were meant to be played, on original language, without censorship, and on original equipment..
>>
>>4130140
Now apologize for being a weeb.
>>
>>4130141
The day you apologize for existing, asshole.
>>
>tfw still can't beat the GBA version
>>
>>4130114
>>4130141
the other anon, as "weeb" as he may be, is at least helping OP with another option.
You, on the other hand, are complaining and whining about others actually contributing to the thread.
To be clear, I'm not complaining about you, I'm just doing an observation here.
>>
>>4130170
did you pick four thieves or something?
>>
>>4130178
Telling people to devote years of their life to learn a whole language just to play a video game they can otherwise immediately play on their native language is just retarded. It's not helpful; it's fucking snooty.
>>
>>4130205

For some people learning new languages can be interesting and seen as a challenge. People who can speak more languages are also seen as more intellectual than other. You don't really need to bring other people down to your level because you don't want to learn another language.
>>
>>4130217
And you don't need to dismiss English versions of games simply because they don't fit into your pretentious worship of GLORIOUS NIPPON.
>>
>>4130243

I do if they are inferior to the original. Like it should be. Enjoy bad translation, censorship, and dumbening of your English games.
>>
>>4130252
We have patches for that, though. At the end of the day the developer's intention means nothing. We are free to play however we like, even if we have to break a few rules for it. I can understand why you'd want to play the original famicom release of everything, there's nothing wrong with that.

There's many ways to play video games, and besides that you don't even have to play the same way every time. That's the beauty of choice.
>>
>>4130252
Games with difficulty changes between east and west become harder. Play the JP version of Devil May Cry 3 then play the US version. The JP version is fucking laughable
>>
>>4129678

Origins is probably the best (English) versions of both games. Later ports water down the difficulty so much that the games are no longer rewarding. They even removed the Vancian spell system from FF1 and replaced it with a standard MP pool.

FF2 in this version does have a few features dumbed down or removed, such as some of the stat penalties that were applied to weapons and shields. But this version also has an unlockable "normal" mode that puts most of the original game features back in.
>>
>>4129790
>definitive edition

It still has shit graphics and an ultra-bright palette. Too many GBA games suffered from this problem because devs had to accommodate anyone who might be playing on an original non-backlit GBA model.
>>
>>4129678
If you want to experience FF1 with the same system as the original NES version but with the bugs fixed and better music and sound, play FFO. If you want a easier, less grindy and more streamlined version of FF1, play the PSP version. GBA version is just an older, uglier version of the PSP game with less bonus content, although FF1's bonus content is terrible anyway.

FF2's wonky stat growth system makes most people hate it. FFO fixed some bugs from the NES game but did very little to make the stat system better. GBA/PSP version of FF2 made your stats grow much faster and took away any loss of stats, making the game less of a chore to play, but like FF1 making it much easier than the original. Unlike FF1, FF2 has bonus content that's actually somewhat interesting and tied to the plot. Finally as with FF1 the PSP version has the bonus content that was in the GBA, plus new bonus content unique to that version, and it looks and sounds better.

tl;dr: Origins is the best way to play FF1, but PSP is the best way to play FF2.
>>
>>4129745
This. There are also some extra dungeons on the PSP version of Final Fantasy II.
>>
>>4129678
That is the best version of FF1, don't listen to idiots who recommend the GBA or PSP versions - they are complete trash.
>>
>>4129678
>I never played a FF game and I wanna start from the beginning
Why are people doing this?

There's more than enough info on game series in places like HCG101 that you can afford to pick the one that sounds best first instead of burning yourself out prematurely with entries made when the series was probably still trying to establish itself.
>>
>>4129702
Souls*
>>
The first Final Fantasy is playable but totally bland and uninteresting, whichever version. Both the original NES version and the FFO version of Final Fantasy II are more interesting and innovative for their time, however their flaws make them torture to play. I'd say stay away from FFO altogether.
>>
>>4129678
FF1 - PS1
FF 2 - PSP
FF 3 - DS Remake
FF 4 - PS1
FF 5 - GBA with restoration patch
FF 6 - GBA with restoration patch
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.