[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

earthbound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: EarthBound_Box.jpg (112KB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
EarthBound_Box.jpg
112KB, 400x293px
Finally got around to playing Earthbound.
Does anyone else think that aside from Magicant and the end game against Giygas, the second half of this game isn't too terribly interesting?
I feel like after Fourside the locales start to become less and less interesting and everything starts to feel a lot more brief.
Summers is short. Scaraba is short. The Deep Darkness is really short. Heck, even Poo is with you for only a brief amount of time.
>>
The second half has less going over area you've already been. From Onett to Fourside you spend a good deal of time in the same area dealing with things. After Fourside you just take care of the issue for the area and move on to the next one.

I think it was meant to be a part of that "going on a tour around the globe" vibe they pushed in the strategy guide. You spend time getting your team together(minus Poo), then you go on a whirlwind tour of the world, flying from one place to another.
>>
File: eb-coffee-break.jpg (32KB, 400x321px) Image search: [Google]
eb-coffee-break.jpg
32KB, 400x321px
>>4127761
I appreciated it actually. Instead of one giant set piece after another it starts out feeling like you're a small kid in a big world, but as you go through the world you get stronger and gain new friends and the world starts to feel smaller, more manageable, the pace escalating as you approach the end.
>>
>>4127782
>whirlwind tour
Yeah. I think that's a nice descriptor. Pink Cloud, for example, can probably be finished in five minutes of playtime.
>>
I used to love the shit out of scarabia as a kid, don't know if that would still hold true as an adult
>>
>>4127761
Yeah, I like the first half of the game significantly more than the second half. Other people in the thread made good points about the pacing maybe being intentionally, but it was still less fun to play.
>>
It probably doesn't help that the game's weirdness peaks at Moonside. It doesn't really get crazy again until Giygas.
>>
>>4127761
Yeah I definitely feel the same way. I really have no attachment to Poo because he is with you for such a short amount of time and keeps leaving. I really liked Summers but you are only there for a few minutes and then you're off to Scaraba desert which doesn't have much for you to explore. I feel like if they put more effort into the Snake items you can buy in Scaraba and had more cool stuff to do there then it would make the pacing of the game feel better, the same goes for the underworld area. They could have included some sidequests to rescue villagers or something like that.
>>
File: YShyguycoin.jpg (30KB, 147x146px) Image search: [Google]
YShyguycoin.jpg
30KB, 147x146px
>not liking the Tendas
>>
>Reddit: The Game
>>
>>4128195
earthbound predates reddit by a couple decades, kiddo
>>
>>4128195
It's evident you're very new around here.
>>
>>4128069
>I really have no attachment to Poo because he is with you for such a short amount of time and keeps leaving
Jade from Homestuck has the same problems, maybe intentionally
>>
>>4128256
???
>>
>>4127831
Really Even Magicant felt tame compared to Moonside

both were really fucking hard though
>>
>>4128287
A webcomic inspired by Earthbound, as the name implies
>>
>>4127761
There was quite a but cut after you get Poo. You rush the places pretty quickly.

I hate the part where you lose the girl too. Shit sucks.
>>
>>4128692
>There was quite a but cut after you get Poo. You rush the places pretty quickly.
That's just what happens when you get the urge in public.
>>
>>4127761
>ITT shit taste
>>
>>4128216
okay...and? it's a shitty pokemon tier rpg mechanics wise and its only redeeming value is "le epic quirky characters xD"

it's the ultimate hipster/reddit game
>>
>>4127761
I think you were definitely in Fourside a little too long. I think they meant for you to explore every building, which I did, but I figure most didn't because they already have enough food from the desert and such.

I didn't think Summers was very interesting, and Dalam is way too small. The desert was ok I guess. Going through dungeon man twice was annoying--they should've just ported you to the top on the second go.

Deep darkness is short, but it was annoying so I didn't care too much. Blech coming out of nowhere is interesting.

I think once you get to the lost underworld it gets really good. It's probably one of the better areas of the game theme wise (ancient long forgotten realm with prehistoric ecosystem).

It's also especially cool if you find the cave to the past there, since it gives a hint about how paranoid Giygas was (hiding in a cave deep underground)
>>
>>4128692
>There was quite a but cut after you get Poo.

tell me more
>>
>>4129103
>"le epic quirky characters xD"
This is how I know you are full of shit. The characters are bland enough to be paper. Go back to /v/ with the reddit boogeyman, no one gives a fuck about your site wars here.
>>
>>4128914
>muh flawless game
>>
>>4129103
Earthbound is Pokemon? Now that's a spicy meme
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.