[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so /vr/ what 'new' retro games are you playing currently?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 6254_front.jpg (66KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
6254_front.jpg
66KB, 640x625px
so /vr/ what 'new' retro games are you playing currently?
>>
>>4127742
>PS1 version

Make sure to try the Saturn version too. it's got many differences and if you ask me it's much better, for one thing you can bomb-jump and 2-3 levels are different.

Also
>PAL
the PAL PS1 version is unoptimized for 50hz and runs slower, but the PAL Saturn version runs at the intended speed, so that's another point
>>
>>4127754
Fuck that, just play the PC remake that came out a year or two ago. Changed some things I believe, but far more playable than any other version. Was taken offline, though, so you'll need to look around for a download.
>>
how do you like it op? i really loved it, except for that part where you have to bomb the ground
>>
I've been playing this game, holy fuuuuuck
>>
>>4127963
I'm really impressed by it. I'm surprised their aren't more games like it. I have a massive boner for metroid and old school fps. This plays like a combination of the two. If you know any games similar to it please hit me up.
>>
>>4128010
same, sadly i haven't found other adventure FPS as good as this yet
>>
>>4127968
What's good about it besides the novelty of a Panzer Dragoon RPG?
>>
>>4127742
Vagrant Story and Alundra. For a game with such cheery music, Alundra is a very dark game but actually good and not tryhard edgy highschooler dark. Same goes for Vagrant Story kind of dark but not in the edgy tryhard way.
Also Terranigma and Secret of Mana/Evermore then Seiken Densetsu 3.
>>
>>4127767
The PC remake is based on PS1 version though, and it's a very approximative recreation.

First came the Saturn version. Then it got ported to PS1 and they made it worse. Then someone recreates that PS1 version on PC and makes it even worse. No thank you.
>>
File: aow.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
aow.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>4127742
Age of Wonders. I haven't messed with the campaign much yet, but the scenario maps have been pretty fun.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.