[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Castlevania

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: Maria thumbs up.jpg (14KB, 250x218px) Image search: [Google]
Maria thumbs up.jpg
14KB, 250x218px
Why does /vr/ inflate the difficulty of the first game so much?
4 is just as hard, despite the more forgiving controls, and Rondo's final stage is harder than anything in the previous games, as long as you're not using Maria.
>>
Know what takes real skill? Whip-only run.
>>
>>4126759
There are no saves or passwords in CV1, so it takes a while to learn to not die to Death.

I don't think any non-RPG Castlevanias are particularly easy or hard, they're all relatively challenging at one point or another when you're new.

Face it, what matters is the the fun from learning an enemy type/boss/stage then beating it, it doesn't matter if it takes 3 or 10 tries. This + great atmosphere (music + visuals) makes non-RPG Castlevania series what it is.
>>
What are you talking about, 4 is one of the easiest games in the franchise.
>>
>>4126879
I think that's why he mentioned it, it's often considered to be the easiest or one of the easiests, but 1 isn't all that much difficult either.
Anyway I agree with >>4126876, all classicvania are challenging in one way or another, CV IV might not have the super rigid controls of the NES titles (although still rigid, most people still find IV's controls to be stiff compared to, say, Mario or Sonic, or even games with greater mobility like Contra), and the multi-whip, but IV still has brutal levels like stage 8 (most people actually give up here), not to mention the final level with that chanisaw chasing you from below and the falling stairs.
And I also agree that difficulty alone isn't what makes games good, I still think CV1 is the best Castlevania game to play in one sitting, I can finish it in less than 30 minutes now, but I still replay it over and over because it's fun
>>
>>4126879
>4 is one of the easiest games in the franchise
I think it's one of the hardest because there's no way to cheese through it like in 1, 3 or Rondo.
>>
Can somebody give me a emulator for PC-engine/turbografx cd?
I want to play Rondo of Blood
>>
>>4127009
Mednafen is easily your best choice. You can play Mednafen with or without a frontend of your choice, I'll leave that part to you.
>>
>>4127014
Thanks!
>>
>>4126885
Castlevania 4 was the first cv game I ever played. I thought it was a stiff, clunky piece of shit. It's funny how great the controls feel now compared to the older games
>>
>>4127040
All 2D-vanias including NES ones have great controls. You're given strict rules on how the game works, provided with a few easy "tutorial" levels to ease on to these rules, then move on to progressively harder levels to apply what you've learned with surprises here and there to keep you on your guard.

Bad controls would be something like camera that showed the opposite of where you wanted to look, unpredictable input lag (hello GnG remakes), poor implementation (you press a button slightly to make you character move a bit, he runs forward and jumps off the cliff).

None of the 2D CVs that I'm aware of have any of that BS. It's all fair game. Not being able to jump on stairs and stuff like that is part of how the games are designed and fairly easy to get a hang of within the first few levels.
>>
should I play rondo or Super IV first?
>>
>>4127912
Rondo if you're a weebcuck who enjoys moeshit, Super IV if you want a masterpiece.
>>
>>4126925
There is actually. Full air control and 8 way whipping added cheesing as a basic feature.
>>
>>4127986
IV is only better than CV2 in quality. He'll, I'd play Haunted Castle again before I'd play 4.
>>
>>4126759
>Rondo's final stage is harder than anything in the previous games
I thought it was one of the easiest final stages even as Richter

>>4127986
stay mad manimefag
>>
>>4127986
Guess I'll play Rondo then since I love anime! I have a 2TB external hard-drive consisting of exclusively cuckold scat hentai!
>>
>>4126759
I beat 4 and Rondo with Richter, that means they are easy. I've tried the first one many many times and I cannot ever hope to beat it.
>>
>>4127986
Super IV is nice if you enjoy a putrid selection of purples, oranges and greens

The only good song in the game is Simon's theme, the rest is "atmospheric" shit
>>
Negative IQ: Rondo of Blood
Single-digit IQ: Bloodlines
Double-digit IQ: Super IV
Triple-digit IQ: Akumajou Dracula
Ascended Mind: Akumajou Densetsu
>>
>>4128260
Patrician IQ: Amigavania
>>
>>4128260
Double Ascended Mind: Akumajyo Dracula Peke
>>
>>4128260

Aether Traveller Mind: Akumajo Special Boku Dracula-kun
>>
>>4128260
>X68000 fag

Sorry, Rondo and Bloodlines are kino
>>
>>4128501
With "Akumajou Dracula" I bet he meant the original FDS version.
Only hipsters think X68K is better than any of the other 16-bitvanias.
>>
>>4126759
>4 is just as hard

This is objectively false.
>>
>>4128501
Chronicles is better than either of those games.

But NES 1 & 3 are the GOAT.
>>
For a real challenge play Castlevania X68000. That and Rondo are both pretty challenging.
>>
>castlevania thread about difficulty

Can we stop pretending any of these games are HARDEST or EASIEST and just enjoy the series, for once?
>>
>>4128621
No. Perpetual dickwaving contests is where it's at.
>>
>>4128621
Not if you actually play them.
>>
File: 20170717_221653.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170717_221653.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
So im guessing this is where it starts to get challenging? Also sypha sucks, i have used him maybe twice up until now. I wish i would have kept grant.
>>
>>4128659
Grant and Alucard are for breaking level designs, while Sypha is great for destroying bosses fast. So it depends on whether you want Spiderman, flight, or boss quick kills.
>>
>>4128659
Sypha is a girl!
>>
>>4128657
Is that a trip? Nice, to the filter you go.

>tripfags
>playing games
>>
>>4128679
>just wanted to interrupt this thread to announce that I just FILTERED someone :^)
Filterfags are always the biggest attention whores, pretty ironic stuff.
>>
>>4128693
umad bro?
>>
>>4128693
At least he made you get rid of the trip.
>>
>>4128696
Weirdos.
>>
>>4128671
Whoops

>>4128667
Hmm maybe i will use her on the bosses on this stage. They actually arent that bad, my problem has been getting there with half my health bar thanks to those darn red skellys with whips.

Also, It feels sort of cheap camping on the platform and waiting for the mummies or the hammer guy to come and then beating the tar out of them, but that is what i have been doing
Anyone fight them head on down below?
>>
File: 1500352228513-670352871.jpg (970KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1500352228513-670352871.jpg
970KB, 2560x1440px
>>4128763
Actually i think i will be fine
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.