[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on this abomination?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: Sonic_R_Saturn_ingame.png (156KB, 641x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_R_Saturn_ingame.png
156KB, 641x480px
thoughts on this abomination?
>>
>>4125424
WE ALL NEED
TO WORK TOGETHER
TO BUILD A BETTER LIFE
>>
File: sonicr.png (127KB, 425x514px) Image search: [Google]
sonicr.png
127KB, 425x514px
>>4125424
LIVIN' IN THE CITY
YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO SURVIVE
LIVIN' IN THE CITY
YOU GOT TO KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE
>>
>>4125495
Came here to post pretty much the same screen cap.
>>
>>4125424
It was technically very impressive. Shame it was wasted on a racing game; it could've been a better "traditional" sonic game than Adventure was.
>>
>>4125497
It is okay, last week there were more than 10 concurrent Castlevania threads. Sometimes up to 3 Doom general threads.
>>
>>4125424
COME ON RUN AWAY

EVERYBODY SUPER SONIC RACING
TRY TO KEEP YOUR FEET RIGHT ON THE GROUND
WHEN YOURE SUPER SONIC RACING
THERES NO TIME TO LOOK AROUND
WERE JUST SUPER SONIC RACING
RUNNIN TO THE POINT OF NO RETURN
EVERYBODYS SUPER SONIC RACING
COME ON LET THE FIRE BURN

EVERYBODY EVERYBODY EVERYBODY
EVERYBODY EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Looks really good. It's pure crap.
>>
Graphically it's very impressive for a Saturn title. Controls like shit and it's way too short, especially being released after Mario Kart 64
>>
>>4125754
the controls are not shit. you need to use the shoulder buttons
>>
>>4125424
it should be better
there's nothing technically wrong other than the controls being slippery as fuck for a "platform" game
would have been nice if Traveler's Tales worked on an actual Sonic game for the machine, because Sonic R is pretty good looking

>>4125768
even with the shoulder buttons and acceleration feathering, you're a slippery piece of shit in Sonic R
someone keeps repeating this shit like it matters -- the game's nearly unplayable without the shoulder buttons, I dunno how the hell you'd manage without them
>>
>>4125424
A ridiculously good tech demo for Saturn. Travellers Tales were fucking wizards. I enjoy the game quite a bit; the courses are very well designed with the branching paths, and unlocking everything is decently challenging. The characters are wildly unbalanced and there's a severe lack of content, but what's there is good.

It also has the best Sonic soundtrack ever and I will fight you if you try to tell me otherwise.
>>
>>4126193

Travellers Tales were great and should have been making Sonic X-Treme instead of this shit and the Sonic 3D port, they clearly knew how to get the best out of the hardware. Both games even existing was a fallout from the cancellation, Sonic R was a traditional kart racing game with cars until very late in development when they slapped on the Sonic license.
>>
Sonic R is in almost every way a pretty shitty game. But despite it's problems it's pretty fun in a dumb sort of way. Genuinely fun.

Soundtrack is great.
>>
>>4125424
It's probably Traveller's Tales' best game.
>>
>>4125791
>the game's nearly unplayable without the shoulder buttons

Jump. If you get your jumping right you can skip places, as cut corners or kinda bounce on them.
>>
>>4125504
>a 3D sonic game in this engine with multiple playable characters and levels designed as race tracks

I would have bought it. Especially if the boss battles were good.
>>
>>4127223

Toy Story 2 has it beat, a good platformer and it too has great music.
>>
>>4125554
Castlevania spam is definitely a problem.
>>
Sonic R is my favourite racing game.
>>
best track in the game
>dem piano and organ stabs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv7bWaiQw2U
>>
>>4127915
>a 3D sonic game in this engine with multiple playable characters and levels designed as race tracks

Nix the multiple characters (that's the beginning of cancer), except for bonus unlockables. And keep the levels traditional, not repeating race tracks. The engine is clearly up to it. Hell with no other racing characters, they might even manage to bump up the draw distance, which in turn could allow for faster speed.

If they make the levels linear instead of loop-around curves, they can make them 2-3x as long as a single lap in Sonic R, and then do transitions to another map somewhere in the middle (ie. you fall off a waterfall, load next scene while falling, or you enter a cave - fadeout, load next map).

They'd need a shitload more than just 5 maps though. More like 100. But, Adventure had that much bigger total area to cover too, just a year later (while they also released Burning Rangers next to it), so it could have been done.
>>
>>4125424
Anybody have any scans of the advertisements related to this game? I have a distinct memory of an ad, probably in EGM, that was talking about how your have to pick all the bugs out of your teeth after playing this blazin' fast racing game

Finally played this game when I bought my first saturn this year. Actually held off on playing it until I had a chance to bring over my buddy's son to play it with me. He's a ten year old with full blown autism that loves everything sonic. Lol we both decided it sucked complete ass before we'd even completed the first race. And this kid could even tolerate that 3rd person 3D sonic game that's in the doom engine.
>>
>>4125424
Oh god, I remember playing that. I had tons of fun with it. Knuckles w
>>
>>4125424
it's not a good game

song lyrics
song lyrics
song lyrics
song lyrics
>>
What emulator do i need for this?
>>
>>4130420
There's a PC port
>>
>>4125424
seems interesting a cool idea of a 3d sonic adventure style racing games
>>
I like it
>>
>>4129989
There's nothing wrong with multiple characters done in the way Sonic 3&K or Sonic Advance does 'em. Each character would still play like a Sonic game, but would have their own additional bits.
In fact, this is the only actual issue with multiple characters in say, Adventure 1 and SA2, they don't really play like Sonic, they're some other half-assed thing entirely.

>>4127223
Man, TT's consistently had much more technical ability than game design ability.

>>4126247
>Sonic R was a traditional kart racing game with cars until very late in development when they slapped on the Sonic license.
that's actually pretty surprising considering that it handles actual platforming to a decent extent
>>
>>4126247
>Sonic R was a traditional kart racing game with cars until very late in development when they slapped on the Sonic license.
Ha. Ha. Ha.

You've obviously never played the game. Look at Amy and her 'car'. With all of the platforming and all of that and how hard playing her makes the game, it's obviously never been a traditional kart racing game.
>>
>>4130438
or the gc port
and don't talk shit about s racing
>>
I love the sonic R soundtrack, very europop
>>
Way better than any Mario Kart
>>
CAN YOU SEE
THE SUN IS SHINING ON ME
>>
>>4125424
This game goes from crap to gold if you have at least two other people to play with you. Especially if you all pick Eggman.
>>
>>4132234
IT MAKES ME FEEL SO FREE
SO ALIVE
>>
I love that game, I did a 100% walkthrough stream for it, took like 20 minutes. It was fun though!

Whose your racer? Knuckles is my runner of choice.
>>
File: 1492183445253.png (98KB, 637x407px) Image search: [Google]
1492183445253.png
98KB, 637x407px
somethings not right here
>>
>>4133035
Damn
>>
>>4133035
You have entered the legendary realm of the fast and few, the super sonic zone.
>>
>>4125424

SO TAKE ME
BACK
IN
TIME
TO ANOTHER WORLD.

I had this and 3d blast for pc when I was a kid. I hate my childhood
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.