[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EWJ 2 SNES or Mega Drive/Genesis?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: SRbCDni.jpg (28KB, 614x402px) Image search: [Google]
SRbCDni.jpg
28KB, 614x402px
Ignoring the 32-bit versions of Earth Worm Jim 2, what do you feel is the best version of the game?

The Genesis version of the first game is fantastic, I was just curious if 2's SNES port or Genesis version was better.
>>
I think the graphics in Jim 2 are better on SNES than Genesis, and unlike the first game, it's not missing any content. But overall, the definitive version is on Saturn.
>>
IMO, EWJ2 on SNES is the best version of it, tightest controls, great music, great graphics. The Genesis version is also good though, I just prefer this one on SNES, Anything but Tangerines look better with that moody night background rather than the sunset one on the Genesis, but still cool.
EWJ2 SNES was a major improvement over EWJ1 on SNES.
As for the 32-bit versions, they control worse than the 16-bit ones, and the PS1 version doesn't even have the parallax effects of the Saturn ver.
>>
>>4125291
>>4125298
EWJ1 Genesis > SNES
EWJ2 SNES > Genesis

In addition to this, the ability to switch weapons in SNES is VERY helpful.
>>
>>4125329
Pretty much this.

Still, EWJ1 is overall a better game than 2, 2 is too gimmicky and slow
>>
>>4125338
Turn on level skip cheats and skip the shitty levels, like Peter Puppy.
>>
File: Ewj2-saturn-peterpuppy.png (57KB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
Ewj2-saturn-peterpuppy.png
57KB, 352x240px
>>4125338
EWJ1 also has its gimmicks and honestly? I don't mind gimmicks in EWJ games because, let's be honest, gameplay in EWJ isn't the best run n gun, it's no Contra. Some run n' gun levels on EWJ1 aren't really that fun to me, in part due to the controls, in part due to the level design. It's a game thats fun to play because of the art direction, the humor, the music, not really because of the core gameplay mechanics or design, it's not bad either, but if EWJ didn't have all the things I mentioned, I probably wouldn't bother playing it.
And some gimmick levels on EWJ2 are pretty good, I love Lorenzo's Soil and Villi People. Puppy Love can also be fun, on the SNES/Genesis at least, the controls on Saturn make playing it a pain, too slippery, can't do precise small moves. The problem with Puppy Love was repeating it 3 times.
The isometric shmup level and the level where you need to inflate Jim's head as a balloon are the ones I liked the least on EWJ2, but overall I liked most of the game, actually more than EWJ1. The variety was a good thing.
>>
>>4125384
Contra is overrated desu. The first two have shitty controls and the 16-bit ones have terrible level design and gimmicky bosses that once you know the trick to, are easy.
>>
>>4125384
>EWJ1 also has its gimmicks and honestly?
yeah but not as much as 2, it's more straightforward and cohesive in level design, instead of being bloated with gimmicky levels that get old fast like Villi people, the cow abduction one or the isometric one

>>4125396
contrarianfaggot is at it again
>>
>>4125417
Well, I explained why I prefer the diversity of these gimmick levels.
Villi people didn't get old for me, and I liked the cow abduction level, it's actually a kind of fun action-puzzle level. But probably I just love it due to the tango music.
>>
The only reason EWJ2 gimmicks feel worse is because of them, it feels like you have almost no run and gun levels. Other than that, they play fine, especially due to the rocking soundtrack driving them.

The isometric level is just plain tedious though, and Puppy Love can go fuck itself with a rake sideways.
>>
>>4125417
>contrarianfaggot is at it again
Nah, I just prefer superior run & gun ludo like Gunstar and Alien Soldier.
>>
>>4125462
>I prefer pleb trash with life bars and bullet cancel mechanics
Understood perfectly
>>
>>4125338
>>4125384
Opinions are opinions. Just remember, no matter what you think EWJ and EWJ2 are far far far better than EWJ 3D. AKA the game that killed the series.
>>
>>4125465
He's most likely false-flagging, I bet he's the guy who always calls Treasure overrated.
I find it hard to believe someone who likes Contra doesn't like Gunstar and viceversa, both great ludo.
>>
>>4125396
>the first two have shitty controls
thanks for the laugh
>>
>>4125465
If they're so pleb, where are your no-miss runs of either game, champ?
>>
Nice looking bossie cows OP
>>
>>4125650
WELL DONE
>>
The flying cow king level isn't fun at all. REMOVE LEVEL.
>>
>>4125329
>He doesn't know the MODE button switches weapons on the Genesis version
>>
>>4125598
Because I have better games to play, Gunstar Heroes would be okay if it removed crap levels like dice palace or the shmup one
>>
>>4125715
>Because I have better games to play
You sure have time to whine about it on the internet though.
>>
>>4125728
You were the contrarian faggot shitting on Contra just because, though.
>>
>>4125762
Nah, I'm >>4125491
I like both.
>>
>>4125715
There's a PAR code for GH that lets you skip levels.

FFA002:80
>>
>>4125767
Then stop being retarded because posts weren't for you.
>>
>>4125762
Are you (one of) the autist that gets butthurt whenever someone brings up Treasure, then calls their games overrated trash?
>>
>>4125769
Uh that would be a weird way to play it, but yeah it could make the game more bearable to me.
>>
>>4125773
Are you (one of) the autist that gets butthurt whenever someone doesn't like Treasure as much as you do? Surely you are.
>>
>>4125772
I still wanted to call you out though. The other guy was also retarded, but I think you fell for a false-flag.
>>
>>4125396
the only 2D Contra games with shit controls are the arcade ones
it still bothers me just how much worse Contra arcade handles compared to on NES
>>
>>4125790
It wasn't a falseflag. I genuinely love Treasure games, and think most Konami games are shit.
>>
>>4125882
Well, if you aren't falseflagging then you have one unique unpopular opinion.
>>
>>4125781
Nope. But why shitpost when people like something you hate? Couldn't you just, like, ignore the posts? Why do you feel the need to tell everyone you think a certain company is shitty? Work on your pretentious attitude, m8, you probably aren't even that good at games anyway. Seeing you cry everytime Treasure is brought up gets old.
>>
>>4125897
He wants to influence people into thinking like him. What he hasn't realized yet is that it causes the contrary reaction. Sort of like a barbara strainsend effect.
>>
>>4125897
>Why do you feel the need to tell everyone you think a certain company is shitty?
I haven't said anything about Treasure yet, you were the first person to name Treasure at all in this thread, see how you are the paranoid faggot always making shit up?
>>
>>4125280
Genesis version was the best, easily mate.
>>
>>4125280
Imo, is a matter of taste. None of them are bad.
>>
>>4125706
It was made for the Genesis than ported to the SNES. Being a purist I gotta go, Genesis.
>>
File: welldone2.jpg (66KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
welldone2.jpg
66KB, 256x223px
>>4125280
>>
>>4126235
That was the case with EWJ1, but I'm not sure if it was the same with 2.
>>
>>4126284
EWJ1 the Genesis is the way to go hands down. For 2 it's really a matter of opinion. I'm not sure if 2 for the Genesis even has a weapon change option... The SNES version is great, the Genesis version is good too. It's a bit of the ol' Mortal Kombat way here.

MK Genesis > SNES
MK2 SNES > Genesis

EWJ Genesis > SNES. (Sega CD and Saturn if you can find them, but the 16-bit versions feel purer to me.)
EWJ2 SNES > Genesis.
>>
>>4126306
The Sega CD one it's perfect, killer soundtrack extras, great graphics and none of the bad CGI crap the Saturn have.

>haters.
>>
>>4125298
>>4125329
Just how much worse is the SNES version of EWJ1? I never played the sega version but I always enjoyed the snes version so I never knew what I was missing.

As >>4125338 says, EWJ1>EWJ2 (although 2 was still cool.

Does the SNES version of both 1&2 stretch the graphics badly?
>>
>>4126321
>Does the SNES version of both 1&2 stretch the graphics badly?
In 1 is pretty bad, in 2 it seems like they optimized the ratio better.
>>
>>4126321
The port of EWJ1 on the SNES isn't awful, in fact, it's pretty fun. But the stretching is an issue, and there is a whole level on the Genesis version that was cut on the SNES. The SNES version of 2 is really similar to the Genesis version, a few different backgrounds, and audio differences but no cut content.
>>4126306
...Never said I hated the Sega CD version...
>>
>>4125706
>MODE button switches weapons
It doesn't.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.