[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Character creation in video games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: PSOGL2_003.jpg (442KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
PSOGL2_003.jpg
442KB, 1440x900px
What games were the early examples of in-depth character customization? I was really impressed by Smackdown 2: Know Your Role for the PS1. It has as much flexibility as the newer games. I know Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 had some of this but not nearly as much. Anyone know of some games or want to show off their funny characters they made?

Here's my goblin trying to battle the Rock
>>
>>4123558
Fire pro series.
>>
>>4123558
Wrestlemania 2000 on N64 had one. It was so fucking broken lol. You could set every single grapple input to a ridiculous powerful move, like every one of your moves would be as strong as the powerbomb etc. You could even set the strong moves to your weak grapple.
>>
>>4123558
WWF Attitude on the Sega Dreamcast. The CAW was still better there than Smackdown 2 at the time. I was able to create characters such as Jason Voorhees or musicians I hated at the time such as ICP, Kid Rock, Fred Durst & Eminem, so that way my wrestler can beat the crap out of them.
>>
>>4123558
I just realized that it's the same developer as WWE 2K series (Yuke's). I appreciate the familiarity of the older games and newer titles. They also developed Nippon Pro Wrestling and the Rumble Roses games. Attitude and War Zone on the PS1 are from a different developer but also have created wrestlers. There is also the WrestleMania arcade game.
>>
>>4123558
Fire Pro X/Premium, Fire Pro S, Fire Pro G, and Fire Pro D, had THE most in-depth character creation of ANY /vr/ era games.
>>
File: mh0phIt.png (595KB, 522x450px) Image search: [Google]
mh0phIt.png
595KB, 522x450px
>>4123558
I love wrestling games and maker games that let me make custom monstrosities
>>
>>4123558
Neverwinter Nights servers, sadly I think it's not /vr/ for one year or two.
>>
>>4124252
Is the non-retro Fire Pro Wrestling World any good?
>>
File: egm-game-awards.jpg (423KB, 956x1084px) Image search: [Google]
egm-game-awards.jpg
423KB, 956x1084px
>Elephant Sak
>>
>>4127314

At the moment it's basically the PS2 game with new moves, CAW parts and online play, so yes. As it's still in early access it'll probably become the wrestling game of the decade by the end.
>>
>>4123660

Don't know what the hell happened to Yukes after the 2K buyout, their gameplay went from great arcade fun to ridiculous 'simulation' shit that sucked the life out of the series.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.