[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Megaman X5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: not actually possible.png (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
not actually possible.png
63KB, 640x480px
If you start the game with X you will permanently lose Zero's buster.
If you start the game with Zero you will permanently lose X's Fourth Armor.
X and Zero don't share life tanks, so you can only have a full life bar with one of them.
At the end of each stage you must choose between a Life Up or an Energy Up part, meaning you can never maximize both of them.
The equipment part you get is determined by the power up you choose, so you can only get half of them.
You can only increase your hunter rank by beating a stage for the first time, and there's only stages enough to maximize X or Zero's hunter level.

You can permanently lose acess to Zero by random chance.
If you don't read a guide you won't get most of the equipment parts.
If you don't read a guide you won't learn how to increasse your hunter level.
You can only fix those by reestarting the game.

Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
There's nothing wrong with having choices. Also, I'm pretty sure you can obtain max rank for both characters.
>>
Hunter rank a shit, all it does is make bosses more tedious by increasing their lifebars and you have to face the bosses at lvl 99 during the refights anyway.
>>
>>4123025
cont.
It's not like that in X6 where raising rank actually DOES teach the bosses new attack patterns.
>>
Also they don't tell you what the hell the parts do so you have to guess which one to pick. Some parts are extremely more powerful than others. So many little things wrong with this game, man,
>>
>>4123029
They don't even let you pick. They just give you a part and you have to establish the connection between the boss' level, your power up choice and the last level you've beaten.
>>
>>4123025
>>4123027
Beating a maverick at Lv.4 gives you energy or health, and at Lv.8, you get a part along with your choice, so there is that.
>>
>>4123041
I didn't remember that, that doesn't too good either.
>>
Just die 27 times before facing a boss, what a intuitive game mechanism.
>>
>>4123019
you can max rank for both characters
zero's buster is garbage
you don't need to max out your stats
you have to choose between desirable upgrades several times, this is intentional
even if you work to make both characters powerful, and max out both of their ranks, you're going to have to kill one of them anyway

this is what you call excellent design, because the player is forced to make decisions, loses access to something they care about based on those decisions (content), and the only thing they can perfect is their own skill
>>
File: shit.png (160KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
160KB, 640x480px
I think the worst offender is how awful the stages themselves are.

I tried 3 - 4 stages and dropped this piece of shit.

I mean jesus, look at this shit.
>>
>>4123051
I wouldn't mind making decisions if I actually knew what each of the life and energy parts did
>>
IMO you shouldn't use parts to begin with, they are overpowered.
>>
>>4123056
There's a stage in X7 that's a copy of this one, lol
>>
>>4123024
This, I wish more games would force you to make actual choices.

It's a boring cop-out if they just let you get everything later. Either make me choose permanently or don't bother making it a choice at all.
>>
>>4123065
but the parts and heart tanks you don't choose get lost forever though
>>
File: 1412648256942.png (257KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1412648256942.png
257KB, 480x360px
>>4123064
That stage is already a copy of another one.
>>
with so much hidden bullshit it's pretty clear the game was designed like this to sell strategy guides
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (94KB, 618x360px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.jpg
94KB, 618x360px
>>4123072
BUT THAT'S ALSO A COPY HURR DURR
>>
>>4123065
X3 pulled off the same shit with the golden armor.
>>
>>4123072
I know, the point is: at best X5 is an average copy - paste of X4 that fucks it all up.

For instance the perspective is all fucked up in the X5 one, it gets even worse than the mini boss shows up and there are 3 perspectives going all at once. And if that was the only problem I'd be okay with it...
>>
>>4123057
idk man do you expect to never have to make decisions with incomplete information irl? you take for granted that you'll always be told what to do because the jewish videogame illuminati has brainwashed you and made you lazy
>>
>>4123093
I like the x5 one, it's more curayzay
>>
>>4123051
I like the idea here, I just feel like there might have been a better way of doing it.
>>
>>4123094
Shit, now I finally see...
>>
>>4123051
Zero's buster is mediocre, but it's unique. X's fourth armor is made obsolete when you get the ultimate armor.
>>
At least I managed to create a complete Megaman X5 save through gameshark and cheat engine years later.

Megaman 8 on the other hand doesn't even allow you to hold more than 8 parts, even if you cheat.
>>
>>4123078
It's almost as if Capcom's been creatively bankrupt for decades.
>>
>>4123168
>8 on the other hand doesn't even allow you to hold more than 8 parts
at least you know that going in
x5 just doesn't tell you goddamn anything
>>
>>4123208
Shut up and go make another street fighter.
>>
>>4123215
>Go home and make another Street Fighter.
missed opportunity honestly
>>
>>4123019
X5 is okay, but only if you read up on it beforehand. If you're going in blind, fuck this game.
at least for all its faults, it's not X6 or X7, which are just awful in general (in entirely different ways), X5 is just a confused sort of game that tried to end things on a down note
dumb shit: having to resort to savescumming to make sure you don't lose Zero
dumber shit: doing everything right and still losing him if you don't, this was an actual mistake

>>4123075
I can fucking believe it.
>>
>>4123134
no it's not it still cuts the special weapon costs down to like 1/4

ultimate armor doesn't do that
>>
>>4123873
if you're going in blind you just play it and maybe things will get pretty fucked up but that doesn't stop you from completing the game

if anything not reading up on it is better because then it has all that replay value from the branching events and being able to see what happens if you launch an incomplete rocket and stuff, and you can struggle to finish with a weaker character, or get a better rank with a stronger one, and just play it like an action game and not an autistic perfectionism collectathon thing
>>
X games got worse and worse with each fucking installment. NO I WANT ALL THE COOL STUFF INSTEAD OF BEING GIMPED TO PICKING A SINGLE ONE.
>>
>>4123019
I fixed the game, here please!

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=22796.0
>>
File: 1458965868675.png (123KB, 640x1442px) Image search: [Google]
1458965868675.png
123KB, 640x1442px
>>4123930
Yes it does.
>>
>>4124421
I'm sorry man, I like your endeavour, romhacks fixing the little things are cool, but to "fix" X5 you'd have to remake the entire game.
>>
>>4124421
This is certainly a start. Not bad, DarkSamus.
>>
>>4124606
oh

I guess I just ignored it because by the time you get the ultimate armor there's barely any game left to even use the special weapons on and they're far more useful with the fourth armor trying to max out X and Zero's rank and get parts from all the bosses in one go
>>
>>4124407
I actually like all the X games, including, 6, 7, and 8

I didn't really care for command mission though
>>
>>4124618
Yeah it's kind of funny reading through that thread and seeing like a billion impossible "fixes" being suggested to the creator.

Personally I'm just happy with Alia getting killed off.
>>
>>4123019
X5 had a lot of good ideas but to me the game felt rush, which left the implementation of its ideas to be rather clunky

The game needed more development time and a bigger budget
>>
One playthrough as Zero and another as X

What nao
>>
>>4124894
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/888/
>>
>>4123080
The Golden Armor was more of an easter-egg though
>>
>>4123019
You are supposed to replay the game many times you dumbo.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.