[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Army Men

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: aaa8333808.jpg (79KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
aaa8333808.jpg
79KB, 640x640px
I've been looking at this series and wondered what people considered the best game in it.
There are a bunch of them on GOG and I was wondering which one I should get.

Also, favourite moments with these games.
>>
>>4120730
Anyone?
>>
They are one of those series that if you do like the gameplay, the only way to know is to buy every single one. I own Army Men 3D and Army Men: Team Assault World War. I think that both are mediocre, but Id love to find one that gives the definitive experience. My plan was to eventually get them all and then choose for myself. Considering they are so cheap, i dunno.
>>
My favorite is 3:Toys in Space. Fun series overall, I really like the multiplayer mode with bots. Army Men Sarges Heroes 1 & 2 are great games but not available on PC I think.
>>
I played Sarge's Heroes
>>
>>4120730
World at War is pretty great, also the Air Assault spin-off.
>>
>>4120892
I got Mean Greens on Steam but it doesn't get a lot of lay sadly.
>>
>>4121052
That's the worst part of online games these days. There's such an abundance of games in general, that anything aside from the extremely popular dies out within weeks of release. Mean Greens was fun, and had potential to be even better with a couple of balance changes and maybe monthly/quarterly new maps.

>>4120730
Army Men 3D I played a good bit as a kid. It was the first game I could walk on foot, shoot things, then hop in a vehicle. That said, even back then I knew the controls were awful and I'm sure they've aged even worse. Sarges Heroes 1 & 2 were a lot of fun. The mortar aiming was unique. The flamethrowers were cool. Playing as different colors on multiplayer was neat. The stories from both are worthwhile.

That said, my favorite is (perhaps oddly) Army Men RTS. It was my first RTS, and very simple. Two resources: plastic and energy. Visuals were fantastic, it fit what the hardware could do. It has a PS2 and PC release. Definitely worth playing the story mode at least.
>>
>>4120730
For the isometric games, play 1, then 2, and then 3. Those all follow one storyline (in order) and are generally the most polished in the whole franchise. 1 and 3 can be pretty unforgiving with their difficulty while 2 pretty much hits the sweet spot. Play World War and Air Tactics if you want more of them.

3d games are pretty much all barginbin-tier, but that isn't to say they're all bad. Just most of them. Avoid the Sarge's Heroes series and just about everything that follows that storyline and its characters. They butcher nearly everything good the series had going for it in a piss-poor attempt to rebrand.
If you HAVE to play a 3d series, play the Air Assault series. It's not so much a continuation of Air Tactics as it is just reusing the characters in a different plot, but they're at least playable from a gameplay perspective. Not good by any means, but playable. They'll also give you insight into why the series failed so hard after focusing on Sarge's Heroes characters since almost none of them are likeable and every joke falls flat.

I've heard Army RTS is good but I've never played it.
>>
2D one's are solid as well as Army Men RTS. Rest are garbage
>>
>>4120897
Toys In Space has by far the worst singleplayer, but by far the best multiplayer.
>>
>>4120730
Probably Army Men: Tet Offensive.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.