[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Been struggling for the last few hours to get a PS1 emulator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: PGXR windows 10.png (119KB, 725x387px) Image search: [Google]
PGXR windows 10.png
119KB, 725x387px
Been struggling for the last few hours to get a PS1 emulator to work on my computer.

I'll start off with my specs, I have an i5 6300hq
Nvidia 750m and Intel 530 integrated graphics
Windows 10 Creators update

I've tried ePSXe first, which doesn't run on my nvidia card, and even when I ran it on my intel card it wouldn't run Crash 2. I tried many different plugins.

Next I looked at the wiki here and tried out PGXP, it wouldn't load any link cable plugin from anything I tried. It would always say "Configuration not OK!"

Last I tried setting up Retro Arch. I was told it needed cue sheets for isos, so I got those, then I was told it needed 3 specific bios's Scph5500 Scph5501 and Scph5502. I tried running retro arch with both beetle and beetle hw cores and neither of those worked either.

Please /vr/ end my suffering
>>
>>4118921
How the fuck can you fuck up something that simple.

https://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_Emulators/Windows/ePSXe_STARTER_PACK/216

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/playstation/emulators/epsxe-205-ultimate-pack---ps1-emulator-72016/

Try some ready made shit.
>>
>>4118921
Ditch that EPSXE shit. Use Mednafen, my man.
>>
>>4118921
Emurayden it's fool's proof.

It's not the best tough.
>>
>>4118921
What the fuck is wrong with you. No, I'm not going to help you, dumbass. You're too stupid to fix.
>>
>>4118925
The older one from emuparadise actually worked but the newer one from theiso zone did not and gave me an error when I tried to start it. Thanks I'll probably use this if I can't get Mednafen to work.

>>4118930
I've heard good things about Mednafen I'll try looking into this.
>>
File: Notepad++.png (139KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Notepad++.png
139KB, 1680x1050px
I also have a problem with ps1 emulation. I'm trying to create an m3u for mgs1 and I have it down in notepad++ exactly the way I saw some tutorials do it, but notepad won't give me the option save as an m3u.

Pic related, m3u won't show up anywhere on the list
>>
Is this how terminal redardation looks like?
>>
>>4118956
If you're using Mednafen make sure to get a front-end GUI for it, otherwise it's a pain in the ass to set up. You can also use Retroarch's beetle core, which is the same thing. Here's a good tutorial...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OrTvsWBAJw
>>
Retroarch with the Mednafen PSX core and the crt-aperture shader. It won't get any more accurate or easy. All standalone PSX emulators are shit and/or plugin hell. Embrace the future of emulation, embrace Retroarch.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.