[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro DLC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

Post examples
>>
All the satellaview games
>>
>>4118716
Why didn't these make it on the Mini SNES? There's no emulation hurdles to jump.

Arguably it would've been bigger than Star Fox 2.
>>
>>4118723
My guess translation was the hurdle. They probably had a version of SF2 that was further along than the one leaked.
>>
That Jap only Game Boy war strategy game. Forgot the name.
You could download maps online. For your Game Boy game.
>>
>>4118735
Did you need the cellphone adapter for that?
>>
File: streetfighterII.jpg (115KB, 513x1055px) Image search: [Google]
streetfighterII.jpg
115KB, 513x1055px
>>
>>4118741
>DLC
>Downloadable content
>>
>>4118710
Garfield: Caught in the Act had DLC levels on the Sega Channel.

Funfact; that is the only good thing to come out of the entire Garfield franchise and it is a good platformer.
>>
>>4118747

You can download my semen on your mouth
>>
that horse race betting thing on SFC
>>
>>4118741

That image is out of date. There's at least 2 more versions after that, HD remix and the new one for the Switch.
>>
>>4118775
that image shows a bunch of japanese logos and even the gba logo
>>
>>4118749
if we're talking about retro games, sure.
>>
Would something like that barcode scanning thing count because you had to buy the cards?
>>
>>4118798
ENTIRE franchise. The comic is shit, the movies are shit, the cartoon was average at best, Caught in the Act is a nominee for "Top 10 Licensed Games on the Genesis"
>>
>>4118802
Meh, the 80's comic before Davis stopped doing the writing was actually halfway interesting. Things happened, things changed.
>talkin shit about 9 lives
Ok, you can go fuck yourself now.
>>
>>4118838
>meh,
go back to redd.it please
>>
File: Intellivision.jpg (98KB, 1200x623px) Image search: [Google]
Intellivision.jpg
98KB, 1200x623px
https://youtu.be/0N7f4Gakqao
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayCable
>>
>>4118710
No. Very few examples. There's no DLC on consoles. Some cases of locked on disc content and also memory card rental games.
>>4118716
>>4118749

Not DLC. Streaming service.
>>
>>4118852
The games were downloaded onto the cart at certain times but they were still downloaded. That's why dumps even exist today.
>>
You could only get the Megadrive Penguin Land via Sega's online service, among a few other games.
>>
>>4118874
They were "downloaded" from a stream that was independent of the end user. The Player never went and bought a specific game. They just had access to what was on SEGA channel at the time. Most the same idea with the Satellaview. And it was more games and not add ons like today also.
>>
>>4118891
Satallea View saved games to cart.
>>
>>4118848
>I have no argument, so reddit!
That's nice.
>>
>>4118909
And it also had a stream of audio. Your point?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.