[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some easy retro games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: cute.jpg (37KB, 309x309px) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
37KB, 309x309px
What are some easy retro games?
>>
Retro games are the Dark Souls of video games.
>>
Kirby, any of them
>>
>>4118563
Sonic
unless you're underage
>>
>>4118563
Using savestates, every game is easy.
>>
>>4118563
>cute.jpg
I disagree
>>
>>4118575
but savestates go against the spirit of the game
>>
It depends, how shit are you at games, and how willing are you to actually learn how to play as you go?
>>
>>4118601
why would i wanna learn how to play a game? i play games to have fun, not to die a hundred times until i memorize a boss pattern or whatever
>>
>>4118606
How many games require you to die a hundred times, though? Most of them are not that hard.
>>
>>4118645
name one.
>>
>>4118563
Most any RPG
Kirby is one the better less difficult platformers. Dreamland 3 in amazing.
>>
File: rcr.jpg (30KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
rcr.jpg
30KB, 620x350px
River City Ransom
>>
>>4118606
I think you should probably stick to Wii sports then, because every decent retro game and most modern games require you to learn how to play, be it through tutorials, the game manual, experimentation, or common fucking sense. .
>>
anything post 8bit is easy as fuck
>>
>>4118563
Chrono Trigger, Live-A-Live, and Super Mario RPG are good places to start.
>>
>>4118563
Pong.
>>
Mega Man 2 is a comfy and relatively easy game.
>>
File: 20170712_144033.jpg (87KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
20170712_144033.jpg
87KB, 800x450px
This week I tried to teach a 7 yo friend's kid some retro games. The kid usually plays some 3ds games and GTA5 as far as I know.
I let him play Super Mario World and Megaman X.
He hardly managed to finish Yoshi's Island 1 and 2 plus the Yellow Switch Palace. On Megaman X, he couldn't make half of the firms level.
I didn't know what to expect. I chose some easy games.
>>
>>4119563
Imagine a kid playing retro games for the first time.
SMW for example. He's never played Mario. He doesn't know about the run button, and if he manages to find it, he will probably run into enemies while running. He isn't used to Mario's moves, it isn't in his muscle memory.

This doesn't just happens to kids, I have adults friends who like "hardcore" games like fighters, strategy, shmups, but never got into platformers. Most of them can't get past 1-3 on SMB1.
>>
Most SNES platformers are easy to reasonable difficulty-wise.
>>
Contra is an easy 1cc.
>>
>>4119563
imagine being so weird and autistic you force other peoples kids to play games they won't like
>>
>>4118563
Kirby's Adventure has probably the highest fun to easiness ratio of all time
>>
>>4119563
Did he fling the control around trying to control the character?
>>
>>4119582
In my experience little kids have more fun watching games be played skillfully
>>
>>4119582
kek
>>
>>4119582
How should I know they won't like before they try ? And he kinda liked. He just ran out of time ant wasn't expecting to play those games.
>>
File: Kirby.jpg (30KB, 800x726px) Image search: [Google]
Kirby.jpg
30KB, 800x726px
>>4118563
Kirby anything on any Nintendo system is going to be the most comfy and easy going experience you will ever have.

There is this NES game simply called gorilla war. You die fast but you have infinite continues. You die a lot but you can beat it in a few hours. More fun with a friend.

Final Fantasy Mistic Quest is so easy it's tedious.

Turtles in Time has an easy mode that babys can beat. I don't know if it's worth mentioning. but there you go.

That's all I got.
>>
>>4119598
Kirby Super Star is better. It may be not the easiest Kirby game around but mastering some copy abilities needs a bit of inventiveness and practice which offers depth to gameplay.
>>
>>4118563
All games are easy, you simply have to git gud
>>
>>4118563
Doom 1
>>
>>4118563
Mighty Final Fight
Spartan X 2
Felix the Cat
Samurai Pizza Cats (NES JP)
Panic Restaurant
Trip World
Jaws
Rescue Rangers
Little Mermaid
Trax
>>
>>4118563
Chrono Trigger ,Shining Forces and Pokemans.
>>
>>4119140
>Live-A-Live,
I have to disagree. I found Robo's and the Ninja's scenario to be impossible without a walkthrough.
>>
>>4120678
And Gunstar Heroes.
>inb4 Treasure is shit.
>>
Rez. It even has a "Journey" (or something like that) mode that straight up makes you invincible but the real game isn't exactly difficult either.
>>4120682
Definitely one of Treasure's easier games. That and the Astro Boy game on GBA.
>>
>>4120678
Is shining force like baby's first SRPG? I'm trying to break into the genre.
>>
>>4118582
You cheeky cunt
>>
>>4118563
Quest for Glory 1: So you want to be a hero
>>
>>4120689
It's not easy, but it doesn't have permanent character death, so yeah, it's more beginner-friendly than Fire Emblem and such.
>>
Astrosmash for the Intellivision.

If you're really bad, you can play it for an half hour.

If you're good, you can play it for 12 hours or so.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.