[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GPD Win

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 271
Thread images: 26

File: gpd.jpg (34KB, 330x405px) Image search: [Google]
gpd.jpg
34KB, 330x405px
Is this the best device on the market for portable emulation?

Anyone here own one? What are your opinions on this device?
>>
Pricey compared to something like an HP Stream 7 but all in a neat little folding package. Lots of people say the controls are stiff.
>>
I've heard that these things can run Dolphin.
Can they keep a steady 60 FPS?
>>
>>4118398
Almost no GameCube/Wii game runs at 60FPS.
But yes, they play almost all GameCube and most Wii games fine.
>>
>>4118384
>Pricey compared to something like an HP Stream 7
More than just a nice folding packages. It also has better specs.
300€ isn't really pricey for a dedicated gaming device these days.

>Lots of people say the controls are stiff.
The buttons are okay.
Sticks are too soft for my taste.
>>
>>4118404
It uses the same sticks as the Vita. Very sensitive, no clue who thinks they are stiff.
>>
"Best" it subjective, but it's easily the most powerful option with decent built in controls. The buttons are a bit firm to press down, but the dpad is pretty good. It's a capable emulator for just about everything under the sun, and can run windows games on top of that.

The only real letdown is the screen. It's pretty washed out, and integer scaling will result in a tiny screen on most emulators, while non-integer scaling will lead to really noticeable shimmer.
>>
>>4118401
had no idea they could play GC games, that's fascinating
>>
>>4118504
Unless you use something like sharp-bilinear or CRT Lottes.
>>
why does every thread about this thing reek of shilling?
>>
>>4118381
Probably the best handheld emulation device right now.
>>
>>4118635
Probably because you're so cynical you can't believe that anything is actually good.
>>
>>4118635
Most likely because it just is that good.
You can't have a thread about something good without people saying it is good.
>>
>>4118643
what?
>>
>>4118504
>The buttons are a bit firm to press down, but the dpad is pretty good.
what revision?

>It's pretty washed out
seriously? are we talking about the same 260 DPI IPS screen?
>>
>>4118643
>>4118647
kek, shitposters brain froze
>>
File: integer scale.png (24KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
integer scale.png
24KB, 1280x720px
>>4118504
> It's pretty washed out
You huffing paint, boy? It's a beautiful IPS panel.
>and integer scaling will result in a tiny screen on most emulators
Not really. It's a 5.5" 720p screen and games look and scale wonderfully on it.
>>
>>4118656
I like the high contract, makes the black bars when scaling to 4:3 unnoticeable.

Also yes, it scales great, only wastes a miniscule amount on the top and bottom when it just blows pixels up
>>
>>4118659
>contract
contrast*

derp
>>
File: 1486499764124.webm (2MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486499764124.webm
2MB, 720x720px
It's too good.
Gets real boring having whole ROM-sets for shitloads of systems and all the system emulators available on one device and working in good order.

You won't know what to play and then you just won't play at all.
At least with a PSP you don't have as big of choice.
>>
>>4118381
I didn't even notice what you asked...

>Is this the best device on the market for portable emulation?
Looks like that, I don't know any other one with as wide of a library and specs.

>Anyone here own one? What are your opinions on this device?
Good. For the price it does everything it's supposed to fine.

Battery is OK, gotten almost 5 hours for GameCube, 7 for SNES.
Controller is OK, specially for retro, could be better for modern games, like pressure sensitive shoulder buttons, but that's too much to ask for a cheap chink device like that. Buttons are as good as a DS.
Quality is OK, on par with something like a DS, dropped mine a few times, not even a single scratch.

Wish it had backlit keyboard for late night shitposting.
Maybe built in 4G for on-the-go shitposting, but it does have a full size USB so I'm not complaining.

Button layout is far better than the XD though.

I know size is the biggest restriction here, I wouldn't want it to be any bigger though, so I guess we won't see more powerful CPUs and GPUs in such a design for a while or even clickable thumbsticks.
>>
>>4119101
We probably won't ever see another one.

Intel discontinued the Atom processor series.
>>
I have one and it's awesome! Playing mostly non retro game on it (Phantasy Star Online 2, Hyper Light Drifter) but I can emulate as far as PS2, GameCube and even Wii. Playing RPGs on it is very fun and you can even emulate DS roms and play with the touch screen! Okay enough non-/vr/ bullshit
>>
>>4118667
Then play 32X
>>
>>4118635
That's the NES mini threads
>>
File: black-guy-thinking.jpg (27KB, 207x207px) Image search: [Google]
black-guy-thinking.jpg
27KB, 207x207px
I like the gcw zero. Plays all retro perfectly including amiga, intellivison, pce, c64. Also can do most psx

But why I like it the best is because
>own simple os, no android
>emulation support for obscure shit like watara supervision and Pokémon mini
>4:3 aspect ratio screen
>>
>>4118381
>pricey
>fan
>windows 10
>poorly located controllers
>"PORTABLE EMULATION"
All the game that worth emulation are GBA/SNES in which case a chinkphone with chink controller is good, even PSP can do it.
>inb4 SNES emulation on PSP
It can run 95% of the games with very few titles.

I'm not shitting on the GPD, it's just that for the same price you can get better.
Even SmachZ scam had better design.
>>
>>4119751
>It can run 95% of the games with very few titles.
>very few titles.
Very few titles is right.
>>
>>4119760
What games did you have trouble running?
>>
>>4119760
>I'm not shitting on the GPD, it's just that for the same price you can get better.

Elaborate, that Pandora has less power.
>>
>>4119773
For 350$ you can get high end android phone and emulate nearly anything with retroarch.
The only advantage GPD have is the ability to run Windows games.
>>
>>4119763
Not him, but for me, maybe only SMW is playable. Catlevania and DKC have a few fps drops here and there, and Metroid is right out unplayable. It's excellent for GB, GBC and GBA, though. But since I have a 3DS with all the good stuff in the e-shop, I don't really care.
>>
>>4119784
>Metroid is right out unplayable
Get this
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dfbedi92mt847z6/snes9xTYL-0.4.2_2010-07-17.rar
And with these settings
- Render, set it to Fast + Accur.
- Frameskip at 3(or less)
- as for the audio, anything lower than the default value
>>
>>4118629
I doubt it has the guts to run lottes.
>>
>>4119792
Thanks for the tip! I currently cannot check it out, though.
>>
>>4119781
Maybe but I'm a sucker for build in keyboards.
>>
>>4119807
Don't mention it.
SNES emulation on PSP require a lot of tweaking and since most people don't understand what most of the settings do they think it's not playable.
>>4119815
You can get a pixle C for that price with it's keyboard.
GPD is polished UMPC at most.
There are several key layouts designs that could have been better.
>>
>>4119821
could you suggest some snes settings other than overclocking and frameskipping?
>>
>>4119840
For PSP?
Anyway it depends on the game and it's better to test things yourself.
>>
>>4119781
>For 350$ you can get high end android phone and emulate nearly anything with retroarch.
And it won't be nearly as powerful. The Win's APU is comparable to the Tegra X1.
>The only advantage GPD have is the ability to run Windows games.
Well, that and the lack of horrific input lag inherent to Android.
>>
>>4119958
>input lag on android
This doesn't exist in v5.0 and up
>>
>>4119781
>windows games
Yeah, honestly that's the only reason to get it over PSP/PSV or an android device like Oukitel K10000 Pro. But there are a lot of people who'd want this.
>>
>>4119984
Yes it does.
>>
>>4119958
>lag
That's true if you're using Davlik, It switched to ART in Marshmallow and up.
>>4120004
I agree with you, but then again most windows games require you to have large monitor.
But there are some windows games that's still playable on small screen if not even improved by the touch screen like RTS games.
>>
>>4120014
No, it doesn't. I'm literally playing PS1 games on my android, PC and PSP. They perform exactly the same. You have no idea what you're talking about. Input lag only existed when android was using virtual machines for apps by using dalvik. This hasn't been the case since 5.0. So, your information about android is 3 years out of date.
>>
>>4119821
>You can get a pixle C for that price with it's keyboard.
And why would you? You're paying the same same for less
>>
>>4119420
The market is there, as they showed us, if GPD won't do it, someone else will, after it's profitable to cash in with an upgrade.

Even a downclocked M6 will do better than the Atom, that's one way to do it even right now.
>>
>>4119751
>Even SmachZ scam had better design.
Smach Z was a huge ass shit with poor retro controls, this is the size of a DS.

>All the game that worth emulation are GBA/SNES in which case a chinkphone with chink controller is good, even PSP can do it.
Why do you have to limit yourself?
>>
>>4119781
Also run GameCube and Wii games properly unlike Dolphin on Android.
Not to mention, you then have two batteries to worry about and can't shove a controller into your pocket.
If it gets this inconvenient to just enjoy a game, people won't bother in the first place.
>>
>>4120015
>I agree with you, but then again most windows games require you to have large monitor.
Why? How come a high res IPS screen a few inches from your face is not good enough?

>>4119821
>You can get a pixle C for that price with it's keyboard.
Now you're paying more for even less portability and no game controls...
>>
>>4119821
>There are several key layouts designs that could have been better.
Do you own one? What's the problem with the keyboard layout? It's perfect for thumb typing and easy access to shortcuts.
This seems like just bitching, Pandora/Pyra fanboi?
>>
>>4120085
>can't shove a controller into your pocket
>>
>>4120092
Because the amount of details you can see versus the amount of details you can show.
For FPS games this isn't much of a problem but for other details sensitive games this can be a hindrance.
>>
>>4120109
Got you, you never used a high DPI screen.
>>
File: gamevice-iphone-review-5.jpg (35KB, 616x486px) Image search: [Google]
gamevice-iphone-review-5.jpg
35KB, 616x486px
>>4120105
great
>>
>>4120109
It's great, as it's not a powerful device, you're going to cut back on details anyways, but with a sharp small screen, you can't really tell, the game still looks great.
Somehow it's the same with FPS, you don't notice lack of it on a smaller screen as you do on a bigger one, same like with consoles, when you sit far away from the TV.

>>4120123
Kek
>>
>>4120098
D-pad and the analog stick are not in easy to reach location, require you to readjust your thumb position.
The location of R3,L3, start and select.
Xbox button.
Keyboard buttons travel distance.
And there are other stuff, but those are considered autism level.
Defending the GPD so strongly just makes you a free shill.
>>
>>4120125
>iphone
>great
Pick one
Apple is trash
>>
>>4120131
>D-pad and the analog stick are not in easy to reach location
Lel thumblet.
>>
>>4120123
>high DPI
And you never played anything other than FPS.
Try running text heavy game.
>>4120128
I know that and it's understandable.
But people fail ti understand that you can run overwatch on a toaster if you scale it down to 680p
>>
File: new-nintendo-2ds-xl.png (39KB, 498x410px) Image search: [Google]
new-nintendo-2ds-xl.png
39KB, 498x410px
>>4120131
>D-pad and the analog stick are not in easy to reach location, require you to readjust your thumb position.
They feel pretty good to me. I have no problems whatsoever, the XD is more more horrible compared to the Win.
Better than my DS.

>The location of R3,L3, start and select.
R3 and L3 are indeed dumb, I remap them to number keys on the keyboard, easy to reach.
Start and select are fine though.

>Xbox button.
That's the guide button, located on the center of a real Xbox or DS controller.

>Keyboard buttons travel distance.
I have a hard time understanding what you try to say here?
It's for thumb typing.

>And there are other stuff, but those are considered autism level.
Agree, could use a backlit keyboard.

>Defending the GPD so strongly just makes you a free shill.
>talking about a device you own and OP asked for makes you a shill
Option disregarded.
>>
>>4120139
>Try running text heavy game.
even small text is perfectly readable on the native resolution
but I guess it's not as good as a big screen
>>
>>4120132
that was sarcasm, buddy
>>
>>4120139
Try owning the device before you make such stupid claims.

Everything is perfectly legible on its screen.
>>
File: ps4-vs-xboxone.jpg (31KB, 638x400px) Image search: [Google]
ps4-vs-xboxone.jpg
31KB, 638x400px
>>4120135
>thumblet
Is this your argument?
Why do you think the PS and Xbox joystick are designed that way? it's for the better ergonomic movement of the thumb with little to no strain on the tendons.
>>4120140
For a short while it's fine, you notice it after few hours of playing.
>Start and select are fine though
For most games, unless you stumble with a game that require you to use it with other buttons.
>travel distance
key travel distance where the key is actually recognized by the keyboard
>backlit keyboard
When I argued this people called my autistic
>>
File: 1500037925225.png (1MB, 974x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1500037925225.png
1MB, 974x1199px
>>4120131
that's how I hold it in my hands, going from sticks to buttons is very natural and the thumbs lay exactly as they should on the controls and fingers on the shoulder buttons

sorry for the horrifying mspaint job
>>
>>4120098
>typing on a thumb keyboard
The built-in keyboard is honestly the only reason I'll never buy GPD WIN. I'd prefer joystick controls only since you can hook up an external keyboard anyways and honestly if a game requires you to use a keyboard and a mouse the external ones will be superior anyway. It's stupid to buy GPD WIN so you can play windows games if you're immediately locked out of keyboard reliant ones.
I've held one in my hands, and honesty couldn't figure out why they'd place the fan and speaker at the exact place you'd put your hands. The joystick controls are also too far up for the current L3/R3 layout. The xbox button is unnecessary, who gives a shit about xbox.
They should've just copied Vita but throw in R2/L2 in the back BELOW L1/R1. They're chinks and wouldn't be the first time chinks rip off Sony.

>>4119821
>Pixel C
Why would anyone buy this for gaming? This >>4120004 is a much better option since it has a large as fuck battery (same as Pixel C), but a lower screen res (FHD). means more battery life.

>>4120109
It's really not a problem. The distance you'd hold it from your face is much shorter than a monitor/TV so you can see everything fine like you would on your phone. It could use a better resolution though, 1080p would be perfect but also the highest I'd go with a small device like that. But everything scaled fine from what I've seen. Although I don't own the device and can't guarantee for "text based games" >>4120139.
>>
>>4120156
>For a short while it's fine, you notice it after few hours of playing.
I went 5 hours straight with GameCube emulation without any ill effects whatsoever.

>For most games, unless you stumble with a game that require you to use it with other buttons.
Fair enough, haven't had any of those though. The occasional thumb move to click is okay.

>key travel distance where the key is actually recognized by the keyboard
It's a thumb keyboard, it makes a little clicky sound when you press a button, there literary is no travel like with a real key.

>When I argued this people called my autistic
Kek

>>4120157
Same.
>>
>>4119792
Can confirm these settings worked for me, I've played a few romhacks with them too.

The only issue I really have with SNES emulation in PSP is no suspend mode. That's a killer since I quickly pick up and put down the PSP a lot, having to spend a minute navigating through menus to load my game/state and then properly make a save/close the emulator is a killer for me.
>>
>>4120160
>Pixel C
just better hardware and post buying support.
Though it's fine either way.
My point is you can get a cheap android device.
>>
>>4120160
>The built-in keyboard is honestly the only reason I'll never buy GPD WIN
Why? It's good to have a device you can shitpost from too and don't have to bring up a touch keyboard to input something into a game.

>I'd prefer joystick controls only since you can hook up an external keyboard anyways and honestly if a game requires you to use a keyboard and a mouse the external ones will be superior anyway.
But it's about portability in the first place.
You do know the controller emulates a mouse cursor, left/right mouse buttons and WASD/Arrow keys you can even remap?

>It's stupid to buy GPD WIN so you can play windows games if you're immediately locked out of keyboard reliant ones.
Example?

>I've held one in my hands, and honesty couldn't figure out why they'd place the fan and speaker at the exact place you'd put your hands.
See >>4120157
You don't cover up the speaker when you hold it in your hands, your hand is over the speaker not against when you hold it properly. It kind of even amplifies the sound.
Your hands can't cover up any fan holes though. The fan holes are on the bottom, all the way down and on the side that faces you.

>The joystick controls are also too far up for the current L3/R3 layout.
The joystick controls are perfectly placed, it's the L3/R3 buttons that are too far down.

>The xbox button is unnecessary, who gives a shit about xbox.
Oh, so this is bait? What the fuck? Are you serious?

It seems like nitpicking when it's pretty nice to hold, compared to things like XD or Nintendo DS, especially the latter that nobody complains about.
>>
File: 1499467438203.jpg (237KB, 552x872px) Image search: [Google]
1499467438203.jpg
237KB, 552x872px
>>4120176
>just better hardware and post buying support.
>ARM
>better hardware
Topkek

>post buying support.
What do you need? Android updates?
GPD Win already has full blown x86 system you can customise and update yourself and a proper warranty.

>My point is you can get a cheap android device.
>Pixel C
>Cheap
Almost twice the price of a GPD Win
>>
>>4120165
>no suspend mode
I think there was a homebrew for that.
>>
>>4120183
>GPD Win
>Locked to botnet 10
>>
File: 1496421193656.jpg (57KB, 327x305px) Image search: [Google]
1496421193656.jpg
57KB, 327x305px
>>4120187
>Android babby complaining about muh botnet
EL OH EL
>>
>>4120187
How is it locked? You can access low level EFI functions, shell and flash EFI without any restrictions.
It isn't locked to Windows 10. Though Windows 10 has probably the best support for it.

It's open as fuck compared to something like an Android smartphone with a restricted ROM and locked bootloader.
>>
>>4120176
>just better hardware and post buying support.
>My point is you can get a cheap android device.
pick one

cheap does not give you good hardware or support
devices with good hardware and support are way more expensive than the Win
>>
>>4120179
>why?
Because it's supposed to be a gaming console. They're trying too hard. Keyboards are just shit that size, look at GPD Pocket a "small laptop". You just need an external keyboard for a good typing experience.
I respect that they made it a desktop OS compact device, but honestly they could've achieved that by also packing a compact keyboard. This is just a personal preference though, I'm not arguing against it. I usually plug in a keyboard even when I'm typing a lot on a phone.

>controller emulates the cursor
Yes, that's exactly what I found shit ever since PSP and the reason I never used my PSP for browsing. A mouse will always be more precise. That's why it's better to play fps and other fast paced precision-requiring games with a mouse.

>example?
Any strategy game, any game or task where you have to type a lot. Typing on larger keyboards is just faster and less stressful for your fingers and hands.

>you don't cover up the speaker
I know you don't fully, but it seems like weird placement either way.

>the fan holes are at the bottom
I just searched online for confirmation. They do seem to be at bottom. I somehow felt the fans blowing into my hand when I first held GPD WIN before powering down the fan.

As for
>the joystick controls are too far up for L3/R3
Typo, I meant the back L1/R1/L2/R2. The R3/L3 placement is retarded but I don't personally mind until it can actually put them to use. As far as I know only PS2 and later games use those, which can't be emulated on GPD without lagging.

>is this bait
No. I genuinely wouldn't ever give a shit about xbox or it's ecosystem. Nobody here uses it. Everyone is using PS, including me. I'd prefer Nintendo consoles over Xbox.

Of course I'm nitpicking. I want a device I'd like, not one I'd grow to like because I've spent money on it and have no alternatives.
>>
>>4120219
>Yes, that's exactly what I found shit ever since PSP and the reason I never used my PSP for browsing. A mouse will always be more precise. That's why it's better to play fps and other fast paced precision-requiring games with a mouse.
You do realize that you can't have a mouse with a portable device?
If you can't get into that you shouldn't be talking about portable devices in the first place.

There always is a tradeoff, obviously it's not worth it for you. It is for many other people, as it's better than nothing.
For /vr/ you don't need a mouse anyways.
>>
>>4120219
>No. I genuinely wouldn't ever give a shit about xbox or it's ecosystem. Nobody here uses it. Everyone is using PS, including me. I'd prefer Nintendo consoles over Xbox.
It's called the guide button, every current console has it, even Nintendo. You know, the little button with a house on it.
In Windows it can do many things, like bring up Steam Big Picture. Comfy way to open up a game with the controller.
>>
>>4120219
>I meant the back L1/R1/L2/R2.
Yeah, you have to hold your finger right under the hinges, good that they at least move a little down so you don't have to pay attention on keeping them straight and they don't slip off.
It's not bad, considering they literally had no other option unless they would have made the console thicker.

Nice and easily pressable clicky switches though.
>>
>>4120221
I'd just use the touch screen instead of the mouse.
>>
>>4120232
For RTS games that alright but for FPS games...
>>
>>4120236
>for FPS games
Yeah, touch exactly where you're enemies are :^). In all seriousness if you're playing FPS games on it an external mouse is a must. But a screen resolution that small isn't suited for FPS games imho.
>>
>>4120241
Console FPS seem pretty popular though.
You can't deny that.
There are actually people who are better with sticks then most people are with mice.

Anyhow, games like Oblivion or Skyrim feel pretty good and are totally playable with the Win controls and screen.
>>
>>4120241
>>4120249 (Me)
To add to that, obviously I prefer mouse too, it's just that it isn't as horrible that I won't use it if I didn't have a mouse at hand, like being on the move with just the device in my pocket.
>>
>>4120249
Yeah but you're not playing with consolefags on the Win. You'd get slaughtered in CS:GO.
>>
>>4120249
Difference is you're competitively playing console vs console. On GPD it would be "console" (GPD) vs PC. It doesn't matter how good you are with sticks when you'd be as good as an average competitive PC player. Even the best console players would lose against best PC players in this scenario.
This is why AI difficulty in console FPS games is scaled down on campaign modes.
>>
>>4120252
>>4120264
>be competitive fps player
>leave behind your 14ms 27" 4k gaming monitor and 2 million dpi $300 gaming mouse
>whip out 7" pocket laptop on the bus
>why am I losing
>>
>>4120252
>>4120264
Why are you talking about competitive gaming? Moving goalpost much?
There's nothing wrong with playing offline FPS games with sticks.
>>
>>4120304
pretty much what those anons said, hope they realize how ridiculous it sounds
>>
>>4120304
>whip out 7" pocket laptop on the bus
>using mobile data
>lag is literary a second

>leave behind your 14ms 27" 4k gaming monitor
Who the fuck uses 4k monitors for competitive gaming? People where still using CRTs because the response time a few years ago for it, we have proper 1ms response time 1080p and 1440p panels now, but no 4k ones.
>>
File: sc_b004rf52do-thmb01lg.jpg (31KB, 578x331px) Image search: [Google]
sc_b004rf52do-thmb01lg.jpg
31KB, 578x331px
>>4120221
>you can't have a mouse with a portable device
>>
>>4120330
But mouse is comfier.
>>
>>4120349
See
>>4120251
>>
>>4120345
actual mouse not a touchpad
this is no better than a stick
>>
>>4120379
Gpd has a USB port so you can plug any mouse directly.

Watched some mods and they do interesting stuff like make analogs clickable to use them as L3, R3 buttons.

I had hopes for the gpd 2 but the atom it's discontinued so they use an M3 core that's less powerful and it will probably cost more cause it's 2.
>>
>>4119420
>Intel discontinued the Atom processor series.

Don't Intel still make Celeron chips for Chromebooks and stuff? Atom was basically built on Celeron tech.

https://zipso.net/chromebook-specs-comparison-table/
>>
>>4120707
Maybe?
I don't really know, intel is shitting themselfves over AMD's current lineup.

Like, they killed the Pentiums to force people into buying i3 processors.
>>
>>4120707
Not really, Atom is the whole different architecture from their standard series, like Core are the desktops. The N-badged celerons and Pentiums are just cut down dual-core Atoms. The actual dualcore Celerons for laptops that are harvested from the worst Core chip stacks would shit all over even the highest end Atoms.

There is a reason they discontinued it was just because of how garbage it was. I'm cautiously looking forward to AMD introducing the 4,5W ZEN APUs.
>>
If i'm not interested in anything above PS1/N64 is there in any drawback in going with the XD? Using Windows on a 5 inch screen seems kinda awkward.
>>
>>4120808
Using android ain't exactly a walk in the park.

Specially this retarded keyboard.
>>
How can I buy one? Seems to be discontinued
>>
>>4120707
Nope, different thing.
>>
>>4120794
False.
Not only N-badged. Any modern Celeron that isn't Core is based (at it usually says on the sticker) on the same microarchitecture as the current mobile Pentiums and reminiscent to the discounted Atom.

Obviously Core based Celeron will shit on an Atom, we are comparing 65W chip to a 6W one.
In that context the Celeron becomes highly inefficient compared to the Atom in performance per watt.

Intel discounted Atom, it now focuses on the mobile Pentium and Celeron line, it's directly descended from the previous Atom microarchitecture.
It just wasn't needed to have several branches focusing on the same thing.
There's only a few chips right now that can beat the last high end Atom that came out in 2015.

>I'm cautiously looking forward to AMD introducing the 4,5W ZEN APUs.
Keep dreaming, AMD won't focus on that, at least for a long time, even when their lineup right now is top notch.
You're better off with a M6 Intel if you talk about low power applications.
>>
>>4120928
We don't want dildoheads in our little cool device club, shooo!
>>
>>4118381
Surface pro 1 or 2 far out do it. Surface 3 is equal to it but more robust in other areas. Vita/3ds/psp/etc are also better for most scenarios.

GPD win shills like OP need to fuck off.

>>4118561
Look up Surface 3 dolphin performance then cut it by about 10-25%. Same hardware but the GPD can't keep thermals down.
>>
>>4120978
>Surface pro 1 or 2 far out do it. Surface 3 is equal to it but more robust in other areas.
Surface _PRO_ is better, yes, it's also a bigger device.
Surface Pro 3 is better too, Surface 3 isn't.

Even then, the old Surface Pro 1 still goes for $315 and it's bigger and without a build in controller.
Kind of moot point.

>GPD win shills like OP need to fuck off.
When did OP shill?

I think Surface Pro shills should fuck off.
How's the pay at Microsoft Mr.Pajeet?

>Look up Surface 3 dolphin performance then cut it by about 10-25%. Same hardware but the GPD can't keep thermals down.
>GPD can't keep thermals down.
Source?
Rev 2 unit's usually don't even go over 70C. They don't even reach the throttle limit and work at full Turbo continuously.
>>
File: 1494871866776.png (146KB, 430x580px) Image search: [Google]
1494871866776.png
146KB, 430x580px
>>4120978
>Surface pro 1 or 2 far out do it. Surface 3 is equal to it but more robust in other areas.

>Surface 3
>10 inch display
>no buttons
>Price: $324.27
>>
>>4120928
Gearbest
>>
>>4121115
?
>>
I own one of the early ones. My opinion is okay, it runs a lot of things I like but it's finnicky
>>
>>4121142
Early ones suck ass, at least get revision 2 or 2.5
>>
>>4121258
>revision 2.5
What? weren't there only 2 models in total?
>>
>>4121270
No?
Theres the early backers one with 8750,
Then there's the first revision with 8700,
Then there's the second revision with 8700,
Then there's the same revision together with 8750,
Then there's the same revision 8750 with aluminium shell,
Not to mention small changes like different eMMC and shit.
>>
>>4118401

Mine doesn't, but...okay.
>>
Got mine a few weeks ago, and it's fucking beautiful.

I got a 128gb USB for retro games, a 256gb microsd for steam.

I haven't used anything else for gaming since then. Any questions?
>>
>>4121484
Your own stupidity then.
Literary Ishiiruka Dolphin with DirectX 12 and the usual game tweaks and it has no problems.
>>
>>4121517

That's what I use, and I can't get over 20fps on eternal darkness, rendering it unplayable.
>>
>>4121517

Try skies of arcadia legends, then tell me it has no problems.
>>
>>4121520
>eternal darkness
Butter smooth for me.
Seriously.

>>4121532
Don't know about GameCube on this one but Dreamcast one runs perfect.
I'll try the GameCube version too some time, I doubt it has probables that aren't just a tweak or two to fix.
>>
>>4121537
>probables
wut
Problems*

derp
>>
>>4121537

then what are you using? It's weird how I can get PS2 games running near-perfect but not GC
>>
>>4121546
Older build of Ishiiruka that works with DirectX 12, newer ones don't.
Common speed tweaks.

Can't remember doing anything special.
Just be sure that global tweaks work are aren't actually just nullified by game tweaks.
>>
>>4121520
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlBMPu_I-F4
looks pretty fine to me
>>
I used to have a jxd s7800b, the dpad was awful, how about those gpd xd/win, is there even an android handled device with good dpad like vita?
>>
>>4120978
>/psp/

And this is how I know you're trolling.
>>
>>4118401
>>4121546
>But yes, they play almost all GameCube and most Wii games fine.
>I can get PS2 games running near-perfect
You're both full of it.
>>
>>4121979

I just finished playing both CV:X on gamecube, and Wild arms 3.

There are games it won't play, and it won't play wii games, but it works pretty well.
>>
Anyone tried kotor 2? That game is 90% of my reasons for being interested in this device
>>
>>4122006

both work perfectly. Got them in the steam sale, along with wayyyy too many other classics.
>>
>>4121979
Why don't you try instead of bitching?
Unless you're a normie who can't configure his shit properly and then tells everybody it's shit.
Then stick to Nintendo Virtual Console and get a Switch.
>>
>>4121989
>and it won't play wii games
Most known games I've tried work pretty darn well, fampai.
Obviously by the size of the library the Wii has, most will actually run like shit.
>>
>>4122256

Won't even play a lot of GC games. It won't play wii.
>>
>>4121559
Her probably modded it to reduce the heat, you can use artic paste and change the cooper cover for the CPU for cooper/silver alloy and it reduces the core temperature enough to boost performance.
>>
>>4123197
Nah, Eternal Darkness runs well on mine, and i'm too retarded to do any of that. The only trick is that you need to use a very specific version of Dolphin emulator. Ishiiruka 744.
>>
I'll just wait for the dragonbox pyra
>>
>>4123576

why?
>>
>>4123589
because I want one
>>
>>4123604
Not sure why you'd want one when the GPDwin exists, but there we go. Maybe you really like linux.
>>
>>4123553
What's so special about Ishiiruka 744?
>>
>>4123624

Not completely sure, but from advice I got online it uses DX12 instead of 11, and has some..other tweaks that make it more compatible with the win. I used it to play through a few games that wouldn't run at all on other versions
>>
File: pyra.png (430KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
pyra.png
430KB, 800x600px
>>4123607

>thumb-typable keyboard
>built-in 4G
>fanless design
>non-chink support
>USB OTG
>dual SDXCs + 1 micro SDXC
>upgradable CPU
>looks beautiful, not like GPD chink trash

all advantages of the Pyra
>>
>>4123607

also
>backlight keyboard
>eSATA
>the excellent software library and porting skills of the community: https://repo.openpandora.org/
>>
>>4123769

>fanless design
>USB OTG

These aren't advantages.

>non-chink support

And these appear to be racial slurs.

>the excellent software library

And this makes zero sense, considering the GPD is a windows-based system.

I had a pandora. It was nice, but expensive and flawed. I prefer my GPD. But whatever, man. Buy what you want, i'm not your mother.
>>
>>4123781

USB 3.0 host and USB OTG both. To me that's an advantage being able to put the whole device into mass storage mode, while also plugging other things into it, like keyboard, mouse, flashdrive.
>>
>>4123769
That is the furthest thing from beautiful, especially when compared to the Win.
>>
>>4123769
You forgot:

>ARM, meaning you will be stuck with inferior emulators
>By the time it's out the GPD Win 3 will probably be out
>>
>>4122009
Thanks man. Im definitely gonna pick one up then.

Is there a guide for setting the win up for best performance? I vaguely remember there being some driver problems and needing to alter the bios.
>>
>>4124036

Any other games you have questions about? I have a lot, I can probably test for you.

There are a few guides knocking around on reddit. There's one for messing with the bios, but I can't even get to the bios on mine, so I ignored it. Maybe i'm losing out a little, but..it seems to do everything I want it to anyways.
>>
>>4124039
Wow, thanks man.

Mostly kotor 1& 2, fallout 3, 4, and new vegas, never got to play masseffect, so id like to try them out.

How do Snes, psx, gamecube, and ps2 run honestly, assuming i know how to properly tweak emulators?

Also how are the buttons? Especially for retro platformers and fighting games?

Any suggestions on which guide would be best? I havent touched a pc in close to 10 years. Im kinda outta the loop and forgot alot of shit
>>
>>4118381
Is there any console, where there are no indie video games, and where there are only AAA video games?
I totally avoid any crap indie game
>>
>>4124051

Kotor 1 and 2 work perfectly, as I say. Fallout 3 and New Vegas work well enough. Medium settings gets about 45 FPS. I tend to use a lot of mods, so I get about 30, which is where I draw the line for playability.

Snes and psx work perfectly. No tweaking needed with epsxe or snes9x. GC...well, it varies, but I have gotten most games working on dolphin, except for twin snakes and skies of arcadia legends. Which is odd, because i've even gotten playable speeds on some wii games. PS2 will run everything i've thrown at it..just about. It really is the lowest acceptable level of playability. Even then, FFXII is pretty wonky. CD based games like the nippon ichi stuff are fast as fuck though.

>how are the buttons? Especially for retro platformers and fighting games?

Honestly? Not bad at all. My hand cramps up a little after maybe two hours of play, but i've never met a handheld that didn't do that to me. The L3 and R3 buttons are a bit out of the way, but it's not usually a problem, because they can be remapped if they're super important in a game. I only ever found I bothered with them in Dark Souls 2. I played through injustice on it, and I didn't have any problems, really. The D-pad feels a little slidey sometimes, but that's about it.

>Any suggestions on which guide would be best?

There's a GPD win subreddit with some stickied guides. You likely won't want to do much more than fiddle with the windows settings, but if you want to try, there are some driverpacks, too.
>>
>>4124051
>>4124067

Forgot to mention that Fallout 4 is probably a bit out of range for the win. I've seen vids on youtube of people playing it, with ultra low graphics mods at 20fps, but they say the device gets VERY hot while they're doing it, and..well, Fallout 4 isn't really worth melting the CPU over.
>>
>>4124078
Thank you bro, seriously. Ive been debating whether to get one for about a year and a half, but i could never get a straight answer from anyone about specific games or overall feel for the device. Asking on dingoonity basically just got me the "buy one and try it" attitude.

I know alot of people hate on them, but i think gpd did a hell of a job on the xd, with the exception of slightly mushy buttons/ d pad. The wins controls sound much better from what youve said.

Im gonna order one of these in the morning, gotta find a place that sells them for a decent price. Fuck $500 ebay sellers
>>
>>4122252
Rule of the thumb: when someone says they've got the N64/DC/PS2 libraries "running perfectly," it's usually the 3 or so popular games that they've tried
>>
>>4124091

No probs. I had the same trouble myself,and all people would do was throw youtube videos at me, which wasn't exactly helping. An anon assured me it ran new vegas, vtmb and wild arms 3 on PS2 though, so I decided to take the plunge after that. Overall, pretty glad I did.

I am actually thinking of getting hold of an XD, too, just for emulation, and keeping the win for steam and PC games, but I dunno. I'm gonna have to look into it, see what its limit is.

Word of advice, if you're gonna order one. There are two units. The 8700 and the 8750. It's only a slight upgrade, but it's still the same price, so get the 8750 model. I bought mine in china, using taobao, so I got it cheap as hell with a free carrycase and USB and all that shit from the makers. If you're in the US or whatever, try ali express? I think they sell it the cheapest.

Oh, and for external storage, the best options are the samsung fit 128gb USB and a samsung evo 256 microSD. They're pricey, but having a 400GB win is lovely.
>>
>>4124104
Yeah, im in the us. Looking around the best price i can find here is 375 for the newest version with the aluminum top

The xd is good, but it does have slight input lag. Not a big deal because i mostly play rpgs, but it kills platformers and basically any action games for me. Ive hear other people say theyve had no problems though, so it might just be me/ my xd

Another thing, if you do get the xd make sure you never turn it off or on while charging. For some reason it can fry your board.
>>
>>4124104
The xd can do up to psx and n64. Also does some dreamcast games, but the compatibility is so spotty that its not really worth investing time in.

Installing legacy rom really helps performance. You can pick it up over at dingoonity
>>
>>4124109
>>4124112

Thanks for the XD advice. I dunno whether to get one, or just hunt around for a cheap surface pro 2. I'm told that plays PS2 games beautifully..
>>
here's a list of playable games for GPD Win, for those who are intrigued.

docs.
google. com/spreadsheets/d/1qmqUu2_RNmXOivihTxoFqpGzm1I_Tnv3kySYAHhukGw/edit#gid=0
>>
>>4124113
Of course man. You took the time to answer my questions, the least i could do is give you my impressions on the xd.

From what ive heard the win surpasses the xd completely. Its up to you if you think its worth it.

All i can say is im glad that i got one and that i use it regularly, but i wish it had a little more power.
>>
>>4124113
Don't get XD. It uses android 4.4. Android versions older than 5.0 run apps in a VM using dalvik. This means they have 50% worse performance and emulators will have input lag. Not to mention the OS isn't as optimized as later versions which means not as good battery life. If you want to use android for emulation either buy a cheap phone like Oukitel K10000 Pro or wait for a non-shit all-in-one device.
>>
How would FFXI run on the GPD Win? It would be amazing to be able to play that on a mobile device
>>
>>4123826
I think it looks significantly nicer. It reminds me of a DS whereas the GPD Win reminds me of a mobile phone. Curved cases are trash.
>>
>>4124240
>emulators will have input lag
Emulators have input lag on every version of Android due to the way the screen buffer works.
>>
>>4118381
PSP. Not that monstrousity you have shown on there(unless it can handle GTA 3, VC, SA, 4 or 5).
>>
>>4124670
>GTA 3
Yes, with 60fps (unlike the PSP)
>GTA:VC
Yes, with 60fps (unlike the PSP)
>GTA SA
Yes, with 60fps (unlike the PSP where this game is not available)
>GTA 4
Yes, even playable with mods
>GTA 5
10 fps with mods so no
>>
>>4124670
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=208_9BAZebE&t=50s

It plays a surprising amount, yes.
>>
>>4124679
https://youtu.be/t95lz5YHbXQ?t=503
GTA V actually works (kind of) with the right mods
>>
>>4124431
It really doesn't, man. And curved cases feel much nicer in the hand.

>>4124670
>>4124679
Niggers, LCS is not 3 and VCS is not VC. The Win can't emulate the PSP GTAs well iirc.
>>
this thing powerful enough to run advanced shaders in retroarch?
>>
>>4124654
Not happening on my device, fella
>>
>>4124860
bls resbon ;_;
>>
>>4124860
>>4125293

>retroarch
why?
>>
>>4126056
kys standalone cuck
>>
>>4126078
Enjoy your outdated cores
>>
>>4126102
Enjoy your input lag
>>
>>4126121
yes, retoarch has input lag, it uses several layers and wappers, dedicated programs are up to date, more configurable and more direct
>>
>>4124101
How would that make sense in this thread? We are talking about hardware, why lie?

Anyways, check youtube, it's all there. But don't just watch one video, most people can't do their shit right.
>>
>>4126669
And without hard gpu sync, they also have more input lag
>>
File: chinese cartoon plus.jpg (4KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
chinese cartoon plus.jpg
4KB, 274x184px
>>4126672
>>4124687
>>4124682
WTF I love communism now!
>>
How viable is the original 3DS Xl for emulating non-3d consoles?
>>
>>4126870
you don't seem to know how this shit works
>>
File: 1500248060615.jpg (113KB, 344x375px) Image search: [Google]
1500248060615.jpg
113KB, 344x375px
>>4123769
>thumb-typable keyboard
No, just no, Pandora is impossible to comfortable thumb type, this keyboard is built exactly the same.
At least the GPD Win has tactile clicky buttons for thumb typing, just like mobile phones did, far, far better.

>fanless design
Obiously it's easier to cool a weak SoC.
Not to mention, GPD Win does not NEED active cooling for most of things, it's there if you do want it. It still runs faster with passive cooling only than the Pyra.

>non-chink support
What support do you need?
Buy from reseller, personal warranty.
All drivers are from Intel.
What do you want from the chinks?

>USB OTG
USB-C + full size USB 3.1

>upgradable CPU
Only to passive cooled chips.

Nope, it's case looks like a 3D print and almost every piece of hardware in it is inferior or cheaper. Display panel, nubs, etc.
Not to mention, uselessly thick.

Checkmate atheists.
>>
>>4123792
This is relevant how? Any device with USB host capabilities can be put into mass storage mode at will, just use the USB-C port. The cables are 5 bucks. While you can still use the USB 3.0 port.

Why the hell do you need to put a computer into mass storage mode when there are several other and faster means of file transfer between two computers?
>>
>>4128412
Wondering this too.
>>
>>4129586
>>4128412
Emulates everything up to the 4th gen well. It's got a perfect display for emulating retro games, too. 240p means no fucking around with shaders.
>>
File: NES30_thumb.jpg (41KB, 630x473px) Image search: [Google]
NES30_thumb.jpg
41KB, 630x473px
>>4128797
After watching it being open, I realized that you can made the analogues clickable by using one of those usb controllers and removing the clickable buttons, there's enpough space under the analogues, then you connect the buttoons directly into the L3,R3 keys, this renders the keys unusable but a dedicated button would be a pain in the ass to program.

You can also add a second speaker, cause it comes with terrible mono sound.
>>
>>4128797
>godless scum
That's what chinks are, maaaaaaate.

And it seems that Atom really is worse than the best ARM chips.
http://www.androidauthority.com/best-soc-intel-vs-qualcomm-vs-samsung-658684/
>>
>>4130138
You sure fampai? The NES30 Pro sticks are actually taller.
The Win uses the same sticks as the Vita, exactly the same.

>cause it comes with terrible mono sound.
The speaker is nice, loud and clear at least, not that most of the systems it emulates had stereo in the first place or that stereo is such a big deal on a device that small.
IIRC you can't add a second speaker, it only has a mono opamp, you can literally only have two mono cheapers, kek.
>>
>>4130565
>And it seems that Atom really is worse than the best ARM chips.
>Silvermont Z3580
That's not even _close_ to best Atom chips.

Not going to argue though, the best ARM chips from Q2 2017 probably are faster than the Atom from Q1 2016 that's in the Win. But so are M3/M6 Intel chips that only take one more watt of power, Atoms replacement lineup.
>>
>>4130567
>or that stereo is such a big deal on a device that small.
>IIRC you can't add a second speaker, it only has a mono opamp, you can literally only have two mono cheapers, kek.

NDS and 3DS had stereo surround sound. They're not loud, but they work beautifully. Why can't chinkshit so that too? Nintendo portables are overpriced as hell in relation to their weak specs.
>>
>>4130574
Having both a DS and Win, can't really complain about the Win, I'd take even backlit keyboard over another speaker, the mono speaker is more than enough, especially at it's loudness and clarity.

Specially for cheap chinkshit.
>>
>>4130574
>Why can't chinkshit DO that too?

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/54324-sound-settings-on-the-ds-surround-vs-stereo-in-animal-crossing/
>>
>>4130584
>I'd take even backlit keyboard over another speaker

Are you linustech?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpnd4OVf7oo
>>
>>4130605
>he thinks having additional functions concerning comfort over already other good enough functions is weird
>>
File: triggernigero.jpg (99KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
triggernigero.jpg
99KB, 640x480px
>>4130663
>additional functions concerning comfort
What does that even mean? Your bedroom /study/living room/dungeon has no lightbulbs, so you need bling on your keyboard? You need that backlight to scare off afrikaan niggers while you're hardcore mobile gaming in the savanna?
>>
>>4130691
>What does that even mean?
Not having to use my bedroom /study/living room/dungeon lights. Being able to use it in a vehicle without additional lights.
I need that backlight to scare off fedora wearing autists that want my boi pussi when I hardcore mobile shitpost on a vietnamese basket weaving forum.
>>
The keyboard is remarkable well lit when you have the display brightness at least on half and the lid not bent all the way back.
It's a standard layout, you will easily get used to it for thumb-touch typing.
>>
>>4119437
How is the SNES performance?
>>
>>4130808
Its perfect. Runs at 60fps. If you want I'll post screenshots in a couple days. Right now my friend borrowed it for a trip
>>
File: FB_IMG_1500269746995.jpg (17KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1500269746995.jpg
17KB, 552x414px
OP why not just buy a phone with the same specs? I run Dolphin on my android with a Bluetooth gamepad which fits in my pocket. It runs DBZ Tenkaichi and Burnout 2 at 30fps plus it's cheaper the only difference is the OS and the games that come with them. Pic unrelated
>>
>>4130873
what phone can you get for less than the Win that will still run Dolphin well enough, specially together with a controller? even the Nvidia Shield has problems with Dolphin

why do people think this argument is any way related to a dedicated gaming device?
>>
>>4130873
what fucking phone do you have?
>>
>>4130901
Huawei Mate 9 lmao
Got it for like 400 dollars
>>
>>4118381
I'm very happy with retroarch on my vita but i obviously dont have the control scheme to play N64 or GCN easily. Probably dont have the processing power either.
Speaking of processing power, this thing doesn't look too powerful. I think I might buy one for pen testing however, i HATE using connectbot on android to type telnet commands, i've got a huge boner for that keyboard and the price is right.
>>
>>4130920
>i HATE using connectbot on android to type telnet commands, i've got a huge boner for that keyboard and the price is right.
get a Nokia N900 kek
>>
>>4130841
I just did a bunch of research and it looks awesome. My main use case is the GBC successor that shall not be named and SNES. No problems on the usual suspects? Starfox, SMW2, Mario RPG, etc.
>>
>>4130967
Just fucking say it: GBA
Don't feed the autists.
>>
File: read_only_eh.png (133KB, 730x448px) Image search: [Google]
read_only_eh.png
133KB, 730x448px
>>4130924
nah i got big gorilla hands. if typing was my sole goal i'd get some stupid floppy bluetooth keyboard.

BTW looking up the specs on this thing the manufacturers/marketing clearly fucked up. It's stated in many places that the device has 4 gig of ram and a 64 gig rom. How am I supposed to store my games on something that I can't write to?
>>
>>4130974
ROM is universal normie language for internal storage
it's not just chink shit, it's literary smartphone vendors to ultra portables

something from the PDA days of personal computing that went horribly wrong
>>
>>4130974
You flash it with a EPROM programmer
>>
Having used a GPD Win, GPD XD, and even stuff like the JXDs, PSPs and 3DS's, I honestly prefer the GPD XD to everything else. The Win is good, but for the price, the XD just destroys the Win. Android emulators have come a long way since the old days. It helps that the XD's battery life is also insanely good (I get 12-15 hours of continuous play on SNES and PSP emulation).
>>
>>4131051
can the xd run games like GoW and the mgs on psp? if it can then im sold
>>
>>4130691
I actually I do end up in the forest a lot, so backlight keyboard would be a nice feature.

>Inb4 third world shithole.

I know and I like it this way.
>>
>>4130727
>my boi pussi w
I'm straight , no homo bro.
>>
>>4130873
Better and free emus are made for Faildows, and most of them AFAIK still work with Win10. Also better GPUs , which is useful if the emu supports hardware accelerations and OpenGL.
>>
I have one since last year. I use it for ps1, n64 and GB/C/A games.
Also some steam games like caves of qud, danganronpa, but thats not retro.
>>
Is this really worth it?

I was saving for a Switch but I just found out of this thing.
>>
>>4131791
It depends. It has like 3-4 hours of battery life. I do like it for portable emulation. and some newer games like VN, arcade, some 3d platformers.
I dont really do long gaming sessions on it.
>>
>>4131791
and a switch might be better i guess for exclusives. I personally havnt got a new console since the wii.
>>
>>4131795
I thinking about it since I already own both a PSP and 3DS, I don't know if I really want or need this or I'm better off with my future Switch (along with all the homebrew and emulator that means)

>>4131798
I guess you're right when you put it that way.
>>
>>4129861
>perfect display for emulating retro games
If you're OK with square pixels
>>
File: 13300604435_7221d8eb40_o.png (226KB, 1668x672px) Image search: [Google]
13300604435_7221d8eb40_o.png
226KB, 1668x672px
>>4132013
Oh piss off, CRT babby. 8:7 is the intended aspect ratio for the majority of SNES games.
>>
>>4132013
the pixels are so small though
I agree with other anon, no filters or shaders needed on it.
>>
>>4132048
This is relevant, how? The SNES will still display a 8:7 picture on a 4:3 tube.
>>
>>4118381
>LOOK UP PS2 VIDEOS
>20FPS
Lol no thanks.
>>
>>4132790
After you unstretch it, assuming your TV lets you.
>>
>>4132815
the PS2 games I play seem to be working fine
it's astonishing how even Wii emulation works better then PS2, not just on the Win

anyways, got a better device to offer?
>>
>>4132912
Why did you sage?
>>
>>4131241
It runs them adequately, slightly better if you install the 1.8GHz versions of the custom ROM. Playable, but definitely not perfect.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UFR8rM9H5E

He changed the analogue and installed the second speaker, the M3 chip has less watts than the atom chip sadly.
>>
>>4122252
>Why don't you just spend hundreds of dollars on a device based on claims made by anonymous users of a hipster video game board instead of being skeptical?
>>
>>4118381
is this thing really a pc? Does it have incompatibility issues? Do steam indie games work?
>>
>>4120105
>>4120125
this thing is crazy expensive for what it is
>>
>>4133874
Yes. Imagine a non-gaming laptop.
>>
is there any way to portably emulate PS2 well without having to lug around a gaming laptop?
>>
File: 51Z3XX91FWL._SY300_.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
51Z3XX91FWL._SY300_.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>4134017
>>
>>4134034
>PS2 emulates a PS2

Really applies centrifugal force upon the ol' macadamias
>>
>>4134041
Even better than emulation, it's not.
>>
id rather wait for a gpd win2 or a higher quality yet similar device.

the plastic build (even on the aluminum top plate models) no clicky analogs, ugly and space misusing keyboard and shitty shoulders and triggers turn me off.

also would like better specs.

for what its worth, a psp or a gpd xd blows the win out of the water in comparison
>>
>>4119420
They could use the Core M processors that are now inside some chinks tablets, someone tested them and saw that even at the same TDP limit, the Core M outperformed the Atom by a mile
https://www.intel.me/content/www/xr/en/processors/core/core-m-processors.html
>>
File: _79410806_abbott_bbc.jpg (23KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
_79410806_abbott_bbc.jpg
23KB, 660x371px
>>4134157
>a psp or a gpd xd blows the win out of the water in comparison
>>
>>4120676
lol, no, it's way better than the Atom they have inside the GPD Win
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eiEJnL-C1c
>>
>>4134157
The GPD win2 comes with an M3 chip, that's less potent than the atom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu3MQGYGnwY
>>
>>4134221
>less potent
>video shows the M3 is faster than the Atom
I guess you meant more efficient
>>
>>4133768
>anonymous users of a hipster video game board
>being skeptical
>SPOON FEED ME ANONS
>t. too dumb to to do proper research
>>
>>4134157
Keep waiting. Ain't gonna happen for years.

>>4134221
Do you pull shit shit out of your ass? There's not even a prototype or actual talk from the devs.
>>
>>4134796
kys
>>
>>4134275
Yep, its just not good enough to called an improvement.
>>
How much does this thing cost?
>>
>>4137424
Last time I checked it was something with 300€
>>
File: hand.jpg (5KB, 169x134px) Image search: [Google]
hand.jpg
5KB, 169x134px
Which games can we expect for the inevitable GPD Win Mini?
>>
>>4137468
Fuck off with your shit meme, faggot
>>
>>4137476
Fuck you, it's nice to be included in the latest shit meme
>>
>>4137629
Sorry, I though I'm on /g/ for a second, sure, for /vr/ standards it's okay to be reddit and autistic.
>>
>>4137638
>Everything I dislike is Reddit
Okay.
>>
File: 1450284753339.jpg (21KB, 350x446px) Image search: [Google]
1450284753339.jpg
21KB, 350x446px
>>4137647
>wanting to be included in a reddit me
Are you serious or actually unironic?
>>
>>4119792
>Metroid
>Frameskip at 3(or less)
you call that playable?
>>
>>4137662
hipster standards
pretty common in /vr/ these days though
>>
>>4137650
Again
>everything I dislike is Reddit
>>
>>4137731
You must be new if you don't know what 4chan or reddit memes are.
>>
>>4137740
>everything I dislike is Reddit
>>
>>4137785
Now I get it, you're a reddit fag yourself, kek.
>>
>>4137785
One its trapped in an infinite loop and the other its an idiot.
>>
>>4137792
Does this mean you dislike me too? :^(
>>
>>4137785
He probably thinks rage comics are a reddit meme as well
>>
>>4137809
Yes, >>4137629 does
>>
>>4137826
>n-no u...
Sad!
>>
>>4140446
>defending person who thinks rage comic are reddit
sad indeed
Thread posts: 271
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.