[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i got this from my parents yesterday. its sound and graphics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 20170713_044022.jpg (953KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170713_044022.jpg
953KB, 2560x1536px
i got this from my parents yesterday. its sound and graphics are good and all the games work and have the plastic sheet. i have never seen this before can anyone tell me if its rare or valuable? can i get/program games for it?
>>
It's uncommon. A very nice addition to any collection, especially considering it's hard to find a working one these days. Boxed games are a treat, too. Not sure about programming games for it, but official releases can be found on eBay.
>>
>>4117709
Somewhat valuable, all things considered. I'd keep it. Vectrex's are a real neat piece of history
>>
>>4117774
or maybe the pluralization of Vectrex is just Vectrex.
>>
>>4117776
Vectrices
>>
Jelly of those complete games. You can get multicarts with all the games on them plus homebrew but you don't get the overlays so you miss out on that dimension.
>>
I've got one too, only have four games for it however. :(
>>
Rare/valuable? Kind of. A working Vectrex typically sells on ebay for about $300. I've seen units with dying capacitors (you can tell if a Vectrex is about to go if the sound buzzes loudly, or if a white dot is visible in the middle of the screen no matter how high or low you set the brightness dial) sell in game shops in my area for between $100 and $200.

I lucked out and found a working unit at a garage sale for $75. Got myself the multi-cart and a custom rainbow-colored overlay. It's pretty sweet.
>>
>>4118769
>a custom rainbow-colored overlay

post pics

and for bonus points post pics of it playing Scramble
>>
>>4118769
>I've seen units with dying capacitors

Can't you just change the capacitors? If you can save $200 on a little one hour just with a couple of bucks materials, you'd have one in no time.
>>
>>4118805
not him but I have one too. They sell for like $15 on ebay
>>
>>4119134

Yeah, they're not rare or anything (and they're noticeably flimsier than vintage overlays).

I'll post pix after I get off from work tonight.
>>
>>4119071
https://warosu.org/vr/thread/S1310798
https://warosu.org/vr/thread/S1354407
https://warosu.org/vr/thread/S1397976
>a little one hour just with a couple of bucks materials, you'd have one in no time.
>>
>>4119071
>change the capacitors
Sure. But it won't fix the problem because that's not the cause. The #1 solution to every problem for armchair engineers on /vr/ is to replace capacitors, maybe also reflow.
>my cat is hard, stuck to the carpet and smells funny
recap and reflow
>>
File: 20170714.jpg (2MB, 5068x2060px) Image search: [Google]
20170714.jpg
2MB, 5068x2060px
>>4118805
>>4119143
>>
>>4121625
far out dude
>>
>>4121625
Fuck yeah awesome
>>
>>4121625
That does look nice may have to order one
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.