[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone else find jrpgs really fucking boring?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 19

File: tumblr_msw1n0A99f1sh8f7qo1_500.png (230KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msw1n0A99f1sh8f7qo1_500.png
230KB, 500x375px
anyone else find jrpgs really fucking boring?
>>
File: vamplb.jpg (98KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
vamplb.jpg
98KB, 500x650px
I like Dragon Quest series and Megaten.
Pokemon is also fun.
>>
File: leilei-nx6.gif (17KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
leilei-nx6.gif
17KB, 256x256px
>>4117184

this is now a darkstalkers thread
>>
Jurpurgurs are gay garbage.
>>
i find turn based combat to be abysmally boring
>>
>>4117193
>read a summary of Street Fighter vs Darkstalkers saying that they went the soul stealer Morrigan route
I want to feel Morrigan but I don't want her to steal my soul.
>>
File: termidor.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
termidor.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
Would you guys play a Darkstalkers RPG?
>>
>>4117208
I would play anything Darkstalkers.
>>
>>4117184
My wife's son does.
>>
>>4117203

Yeah the comic has been kind of sort of AWFUL. Udon doesn't really get Darkstalkers it would seem and they mostly just use them as a platform to jack off to Chun Li some more
>>
In the past it was all I would play. I loved the aesthetic.

Now that I'm older I find that I just don't have time for them, becayse they are just so slowly paced. I feel like everything I do these days absolutely needs to be productive or else I'm just wasting my time.

Although this applies to all games, I guess jrpg's are particularly a probpem because of their length. I haven't been able to finish one in years.
>>
>>4117228
Aw man, does that mean I should stop my search for the issues? I love the covers.
>>
>>4117230
stop making such long posts on 4chan and go finish those JRPGs.
>>
>>4117232

well I wouldn't BUY them but you may be able to get someone on /co/ to point you at them if you just want to read them
>>
>>4117237
Yeah, I think I'll check out scans first.
I would love to get big prints of those covers, though. I do have the complete Darkstalkers art book that I'm pretty sure is published by Udon; it's very well made.
>>
>>4117184
No, but crpgs are fucking trash.
>>
>>4117261
>>4117196
Literally 20 year old /v/ immigrants that play with fidget spinners and listen to ed sheeran.
>>
>>4117278
One of the faggot janitors reveals himself.
>>
File: slime draws near.jpg (244KB, 763x498px) Image search: [Google]
slime draws near.jpg
244KB, 763x498px
>>4117184
No, they're my favorite genre in all honesty. I hate how cliche they can be but exploring the world, seeing my characters grow stronger, and seeing and battle the different monsters is really satisfying to me.
>>
>>4117184
Yes. I couldn't even complete pokemon as a kid I'd get that bored
>>
File: 1499597655003.jpg (21KB, 570x479px) Image search: [Google]
1499597655003.jpg
21KB, 570x479px
>random battles that ruin your peaceful exploration of the world, occur every 15 seconds and bring absolutely nothing new overall
>>
>>4117361
What about all the RPGs without random battles?
>>
>>4117184
Depends. The more unique ones like Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy Tactics, Terranigma and FromSoftware's King's Field and Shadow Tower are pretty fun games to play. Final Fantasy clones are a chore for me to play though.
>>
>>4117208
Probably not. Most of what makes the Darkstalkers characters interesting was built with a fighting game framework in mind. When you take them out of that, they become pretty boring. Those crossover RPGs they keep showing up in are evidence of that.
>>
>>4117375
Just to say the same but Lunar blew me away and that game it's as jprg as it gets.
>>
File: smt.jpg (147KB, 640x1162px) Image search: [Google]
smt.jpg
147KB, 640x1162px
>>4117375
>Final Fantasy clones are a chore for me to play though
This. I'm not a big fan of the typical Final Fantasy wannabe as well. I prefer JRPGs with different settings like SMT, Mother or Live A Live.
>>
>>4117363
These are cool, but not the majority AFAIK
>>
I like them but I have to be in a very special mindset for them, and I don't care for the ones that are just anime drama with no humor.
>>
>>4117184
Writing in nearly all games is trash.
That generally goes doubly so for story based games which decide to spice up the basic cliches with an extra dose of stupidity and perspective of a mentally handicapped child in the details of said bad story.
Then RPGs toss grinding on top.
Slapping the J on it tends to just make it even more linear and notch the grinding to eleven with a poorly thought out cookie cutter battle system and amplify all the stupidity in the writing exponentially with Japanese platitudes and misunderstands pretending to be deep.

So I mean, yeah? They're basically slightly more interesting versions of TV soap operas with the resources to blow on graphics because what the fuck else does development have to do? It sure isn't going to fucking work on gameplay.
>>
>>4117532
I don't know, I feel like people overrate how complex the writing of most other media is. Don't get me wrong, things like movies and especially books have a much better writing overall, but really most are simply either garbage or end up being drivel. With jrpgs I give you that A LOT of them have pretty bad overall writing, but I wouldn't discredit videogames or even the jrpg genre totally.

Personally I don't think great writing is just writing that is makes you think, I think if something is generally just fun and leaves you satisfied that is as meaningful, arguably more then something that is deep and complex.
>>
>>4117361
you know I've been playing beyond the beyond and I honestly like these random battles even though I just finished Breath of Fire III where I hated them
>>
File: worldmap.png (15KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
worldmap.png
15KB, 320x320px
Play Mario RPG: LotSS and your mind will change
>>
>>4117184
Yea, mediocre story with slow mechanics. Worst kinda game, not that there aren't good ones.
>>
>>4118291
based yoko a best though I'd still rather waifu michiko

they both have husbands

kill me
>>
File: anger (7).jpg (14KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
anger (7).jpg
14KB, 640x480px
1. JRPGs aren't game. They're visual novels with a little math.

2. JRPGs are linear. They aren't meant for anyone to think about them. You're supposed to follow ONE path without deviation. This is why autists are attracted to it.

3. JRPGs aren't even good at telling stories, and people who love JRPGs think poor translation or poorly rendered ideas are equivalent to genius because it's outside their culture and other cultures are superior by default (they're fucking weebs).
>>
>>4117184
nah, never could stand wrpgs tho, they feel like a chore
>>
>>4118310
Awww, did the mean old WRPG force you to make a decision or apply critical thought?
>>
>>4118313
nah, they're just dull man, decisions don't matter when they all lead to boring shit
no need to take it personally
>>
>>4118316
But you couldn't be more wrong. Have you played Fallout 1?
>>
File: Projecting.jpg (29KB, 490x333px) Image search: [Google]
Projecting.jpg
29KB, 490x333px
>>4118306
>>4118313
>>
File: 1467781052236.gif (291KB, 350x315px) Image search: [Google]
1467781052236.gif
291KB, 350x315px
>>4118323
It appears I got under someone's skin. How big is your anime collection, nerd boy?
>>
>>4118321
yeah, and planescape torment, baldur's gate and ultima III-VII
the wizardry series is decent
>>
>>4118329
Well, at least you played them. Hey, if it ain't your taste, it ain't your taste.
>>
>>4118306
What about something lile the Ys games, they're definitely JRPG's but i certainly wouldn't call them VN's with math
>>
So which YouTuber released a "top 10 reasons JRPGs SUCK!!1!" video this week, hmm? This seems to be the new spicy sheep opinion lately
>>
>>4118382
>It's impossible for people to disagree with me and I don't need to explain my side of the story because my taste is objectively good and I'm better than everyone else.
>>
>>4118382
No arguments, then?
>>
>>4118386
How could you possibly argue personal taste and preference? I notice that you don't deny you got your ebin contrarian opinions from a YouTuber though. Which one was it?
>>
File: 38c4824cf758d43ef380ed9472f7dfb1.jpg (409KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
38c4824cf758d43ef380ed9472f7dfb1.jpg
409KB, 1600x1200px
>>4117193
>>
>>4118394
Pewdiepie made a video titled I hate jews and why JRPGs suck.
>>
>>4117532
The fact that a fuckton of JRPGs have low-level runs and speed runs shows that grinding is a failure on the part of the player, not the game.
>>
File: 14e.gif (278KB, 239x277px) Image search: [Google]
14e.gif
278KB, 239x277px
>>4118306
>JRPGs are linear.
>SMT games branch into quite different routes
>SaGa has a goal and plenty of ways to reach that goal
>Atelier. Just... Atelier
>These are all very old names in JRPGs
>>
>>4118394
Why do you think if someone disagrees with you their argument is borrowed from someone else? Do you only subscribe to opinions you didn't come up with? Or, you're just flinging shit, which further delegitimizes "your side" of the argument.

Now, if you want to say it's subjective taste, I'll respect that, but don't tell me I'm wrong for disagreeing with you. If you want to make yourself look like an asshole, keep doing what your doing. But wouldn't it be nice if people respected your opinion? I mean, I know this is 4chan, but
>>
>>4118407
Those always come down to skipping cutscenes and entire dungeons through glitches and abusing unbalanced overpowered gear and mechanics. Like relm's sketch or vanish doom bug in FF6.
>>
>>4118409
Sadly all of those are nich stuff that often don't sell too well.
>>
Oh look its this thread again.
>>
>>4118420
Okay? So sales determine a game's worth now?
>>
>>4118409
SaGa games are just WRPGs with anime
>>
>>4118427
Oh I wasn't criticizing, just lamenting the more obscure stuff doesn't get celebrated as much.
>>
>>4118409
Name the top 5 best RPGs, in your opinion.

While the games you mentioned aren't linear, it would help if you demanded more of the genre.

That's the issue.

Too many people who say they're fans of JRPGs are more than happy to accept stupid bullshit and pretend they're playing the video game equivalent to Ovid. It's the denial that's obnoxious.
>>
>>4117184
Not really, they are my favorite genre.
>>
>>4118446
They aren't just accepting "stupid bullshit", they prefer it. It's why Persona sells more than SMT, and why SaGa has always sold like shit except for the time it pretended to be Final Fantasy.
>>
>>4118446
>it would help if you demanded more of the games
The problem with this is that you're assuming everyone has your tastes in games.
Let me guess, you think Torment is a good game, right?
>>
IMO JRPGs are more like pulp fiction, it's hastily written schlock that's meant to be quickly mass consumed and discarded, it's not supposed to be deep or introspective. That doesn't necessarily make it bad, think of it like the latest Hollywood popcorn flick.
>>
>>4118451
>>4118452
Will you guys just ignore him, can you not tell a obvious shitposter? Either that or he's genuinely retarded and thinks every jrpg is weeb shit like tales or nep.
>>
>>4118458
>hastily written schlock
Rpgs have bigger scripts then any other genre you fucking idiot.
>>
>>4118464
Doesn't mean they aren't cheap
>>
>>4118464
Is it WELL written, though? I don't think so.
>>
>>4118464
That is the thing, I ain't saying "schlock" like it's a negative thing. I love me some fun shlock.
>>
>>4117230
>I feel like everything I do these days absolutely needs to be productive or else I'm just wasting my time.
This has nothing to do with the pacing or time consumed by RPGs. If you play them and advance in them in any way, you ARE being productive towards finishing them. Or you could look at it this way, playing any game isn't really productive at all in real life terms.

What you're describing is that you have either lost patience, spare time, or attention. Since you're singling out RPGs, it just sounds like you expect instant gratification out of games instead of slow pacing, which is a valid feeling but it has nothing to do with being productive work not.
>>
>>4118452
>The problem with this is that you're assuming everyone has your tastes in games.
I'm not. I'm not asking for things to be my taste. I'm saying fans of JRPGs should demand interesting, compelling mechanics, meaningful options, good translation, truly deep systems instead of plate-spinning, games that stick to a consistent set of rules rather than changing them suddenly for the sake of drama, and, most of all, games should allow a wide degree of ingenuity.

That's why I want someone to list the best JRPGs ever made. Do you really make meaningful choices in Chrono Trigger? Picking whether you want to bring Crono back is interesting. But I get how that could be seen as trying to turn CT into Torment. So let's talk gameplay: The part of the game where you get all your equipment taken away. That's changing the rules of the game without giving the player anything in return. Just about all bosses can be brute forced by doing shitloads of damage. You don't need to bring anyone who has healing spells. You can change your accessories around, but most of them don't alter the gameplay. They didn't take the proximity shit in the battles as far as it could go. Wouldn't it be nice if boss fights depended on hitting multiple enemies at once? That's the kind of shit I'm getting at.
>>
>>4118651
I'm not really sure where you're getting that? Are you one of those people that think "attack and heal" is the most braindead thing ever? Jrpgs, or the good ones at least, are about resource management. For example, you might want to risk having a party member with low hp risk one one more hit or if you want to be safe and heal them.

For gameplay I guess try SMT or SaGa. With those games often grinding will not really help you in any real way. With SMT it's about making a solid team of demons and being smart with buffs/debuffs and SaGa is about learning each character's strengths and weaknesses and being smart how you advace their combat skills as exp is not used. Some games even punish grinding honestly. Not retro but Breath of Fire V has a meter that constantly builds up whenever you d any action, that includes walking ad battling. If you grind you're just building up the meter and when 100% filled that save file is fucked.
>>
>>4118651
You could try mystery dungeon games like Shiren, though they're really just streamlined roguelikes.
>>
>>4118651
>interesting, compelling mechanics
For example? cRPGs aren't known for their gameplay mechanics. In fact, I'd say JRPGs tend to win in that category, even if the gameplay is also minimal.
>meaningful options
Here's the problem, you have this idea (typical of D&D fanboy) that RPGs need to have A,B,C options in order to be good. People already told you about JRPGs with multiple paths, and you still dismissed them, because they aren't D&D clones.
>good translations
Or you could learn japanese and enjoy the games in their original language
>truly deep systems
By now you're just trying to sound smarter than you really are, what do you mean with "truly deep" systems? Are you implying your D&D RPGs are "truly deep" just because they have kissdoll character customization? And again, there's many JRPGs with character/party customization, but you will probably dismiss them as not enough good because they aren't generic D&D shit.
>games that stick to a consistent set of rules rather than changing them suddenly for the sake of drama
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>4119054×
>Here's the problem, you have this idea (typical of D&D fanboy) that RPGs need to have A,B,C options in order to be good. People already told you about JRPGs with multiple paths, and you still dismissed them, because they aren't D&D clones.
Are you trying to tell me there's no such thing as meaningful options? Don't you want a game that lets you dictate how the story plays out? Why call it an RPG if you're just along for the ride? An RPG doesn't need ABC options, but if it DOES, it can enhance the overall experience.

>>good translations
>Or you could learn japanese and enjoy the games in their original language
Do you think that's practical?

>>truly deep systems
>By now you're just trying to sound smarter than you really are, what do you mean with "truly deep" systems? Are you implying your D&D RPGs are "truly deep" just because they have kissdoll character customization? And again, there's many JRPGs with character/party customization, but you will probably dismiss them as not enough good because they aren't generic D&D shit.
You're making a strawman argument about aesthetics. If you play a linear game and enjoy it, that's your business. But if you could play a game that conforms to your choices, or lets you experiment, wouldn't that be more interesting? Haven't you heard the anecdotes about a guy playing through Fallout 1 as a character with low intelligence and high charisma?

The trouble with JRPGs isn't that 100% of them are bad. The trouble is JRPGs have characteristics that persist that are hostile to letting the player run free. If you want a linear game, that's your business, but if you ask me what I think of JRPGs, I'm going to tell you you get more out of a game that isn't the same fucking thing every time you play it.
>>
>>4117184
Can't you grasp the concept of different tastes?
>>
>>4119162
> but if it DOES, it can enhance the overall experience.
Not really, you're just a fanboy of D&D RPGs. I bet you also like telltale "games" and other narrative indieshit.
>Do you think that's practical?
What do you mean? learning new languages is too hard for you?
>If you play a linear game and enjoy it, that's your business.
The same way I could say "if you enjoy a game with boring text and abysmal "gameplay", that's your business"
Also, get a clue from this guy: >>4119167
>>
>>4119162

If you can't even throw away what your specific idea of what you think an RPG "should" be rather than experiencing what the games actually are, there's really no point trying to discuss this. I don't need a game to be different every time I play it because I'm pretty unlikely to replay the same game a bunch to begin with, especially if it's a game that's 30+ hours.

Even if the narrative is the same each time (and there are plenty of JRPGs where this isn't the case, as has been hand-waved several times in this thread), that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the gameplay itself in a different way each time.
>>
>>4119182
Give me your top 5 JRPGs and give me one sentence about what makes each one great. If you expect me to learn an entire language just to play a game, then you can certainly spend a little time doing this. I think the problem here is we're talking about different games. When I think about JRPGs, I'm thinking FF7, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, Phantasy Star--the retro shit.
>>
>>4119229
>Give me your top 5 JRPGs and give me one sentence about what makes each one great.
What for? I already know that you and I have different tastes, and that's fine by me.
>If you expect me to learn an entire language just to play a game
I don't really expect anything from you, I just told you that translations aren't necessary for people who can understand the language.
>>
>>4119229

>tell me what games you think are good so I can tell you why they're not according to my subjective and personal tastes
>>
>>4119248
Yeah well, have fun with your glorified Kissdoll "games".
>>
>>4119248
>You are simply here to parade around your subjective taste as though it's the god's truth
I know you are shitposting, but holy shit the irony here is palpable.
>>
>>4117184
Probably because you have a tendency to play fast paced games like darkstalkers
>>
>>4117184
yeh
>>
>>4117361
Encounters make your resources run down. JRPGs should be all about the thrill of preparing in advance then trying to stay alive and managing consumables deep inside a dungeon.
>>
>>4118569
I think it's jrpgs in particular because it's not something I can just put away after 10 minutes, once the impression that I'm just wasting time becomes unbearable.

I think it's just this point in my life, since I feel like I haven't achieved an ideal career yet and so I should be putting more effort into self improcement of some sort. Hopefully my life will be stable enough at some point that I can enjoy video games again.
>>
>>4119310
This post bums me the fuck out. Not anything about you really, just this whole realization of realising some people literally lose their hobbies to life.

I work a moderate schedule and hope I never come to the point I feel bad I play the games I do.
>>
>>4117184
Why do you play games that you don't like?
Why do you go on the internet to discuss those games?
>>
>>4117570
>I don't know, I feel like people overrate how complex the writing of most other media is.
Granted. Most media had shitty writing, it's not just games. Which is why popcorn flicks do so well, because they concentrate on what shows with shitty writers do well explode and punch shit etc...
So really, if you're in most things for the writing you have to be there for the cheese.
I'm not really discrediting video games any more than other things but, but video games sort of has an interactive portion that's prominent and gets shit on with story based games which is sort of a strike against it.

JRPGs go the extra mile in taking bad writing to extraordinarily bad writing cuz my 'lulz my ancient nihongo teenage angsty spirit yearns to fight the great evil with it's mega-tsunami tanooki demon channeling" and whatever else for nip cliches that pass for amazing with the weebs. Also now, with all new extra more going straight in a line edition.
>>
>>4118407
>speed runs
50 hours is a speed run, if it's the fastest run for a game. Speed is relative. Some fucker even "speed ran" Baten Kaitos at 342 hours.
Also, many speedruns use exploits to bump off whole segments as well as hitting the button as fast to get as much text which they aren't reading at all by. That's not a fault of players, that's not something any player can get by without first knowing the game well enough to break it. Stop being a nitwit.
>>
I respect people who dislike JRPGs and WRPGs at the same time, that makes sense.
But those who dislike JRPGs, but defend WRPGs really make no sense at all. WRPGs are one of the worst genres in video games, at least JRPGs can be mildly entertaining, WRPGs would really just be better as novels or comics, playing them is not engaging.
>Oh, cool, let's read a lot of nerdy LOTR shit, then endure some horrid gameplay mechanics, to read more nerdy LOTR shit
>>
>>4117184
Yep, jrpgs are boring as fuck.
>>
>>4117184
>anyone else find jrpgs really fucking boring?
Yes, though I think computer RPGs in general are a bit boring. Most are pretty linear and just involve a lot of grindy repetition.

The only computer RPGs I recall playing to the end are Dragon Warrior, Dragon Warrior IV (which was a chore), Super Mario RPG, and Wasteland. I got bored with Final Fantasy (the first one). I played Chrono Trigger for a day or two and got bored with it. I played Diablo for maybe an hour or two and got bored.

Of all those, Wasteland is the only one I have any fondness for.
>>
>>4119229
Learning a new language is fun. Playing a game in a language that you aren't fluent in makes the process more enjoyable, so even a not-so-good JRPG can feel better than it has any right to be when you're a non-native.

This works particularly well in the case of Japanese because of a different grammar/alphabet. It's like your brain's cumming, man.
>>
>>4117184
What else is boring besides your mouth when you're like kissing on some gay dude and like holding his like muscles 'cause his arms just are like wrapped around you and you feel like so safe 'cause you're like... not that you're gay or nothing but God you just want to bury yourself in his chest and just live there forever.
>>
>>4117184
Yes and No. It's a hit or miss genre.

The ones I played as a kid are still fun. The problem with JRPG's is a lot of them are just bad games, regardless of genre.

I have similar feelings for FPS' honestly. Most of them are incredibly generic.
>>
>>4120121
Maybe it's just my tastes, but I feel like JRPGs have more bad games than any other genre (at least in terms of retro games). I don't know what it is about the genre that attracted so many devs that had no fucking clue what they were doing.
>>
BoF3 was okay.
>>
>>4119162
But 99% of WRPG's are nothing like Fallout.
>>
File: 1481601131791.png (4KB, 113x71px) Image search: [Google]
1481601131791.png
4KB, 113x71px
>>4120204
>I don't know what it is about the genre that attracted so many devs that had no fucking clue what they were doing.
Money and following the leader to try and capture his success. Refer to Doom and Diablo clones.
>I feel like JRPGs have more bad games than any other genre (at least in terms of retro games)
You just didn't play enough of other games. Maybe because you thought "bad retro rpg is an oxymormon" you have that feel now.
>>
>>4120204
>>4120806
RPG's were just a really popular genre, especially in Japan. Take into account things like casual audiences, $/hour (JRPG's are inherently longer and more casual) and popularity

Then there was bandwagoning, and hoping for the next Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy.

A lot of them are just bad. The question is whether or not there are more bad games in JRPG's or other genres. It's hard to tell, I would say for most genres, there's at least a 50/50 split of bad, and decent/playable.
>>
File: 1473076436395.png (19KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
1473076436395.png
19KB, 256x224px
>>4120817
Except you wouldn't recommend original Dragon Quest or FF to anyone today.
>>
>>4120819
autistic has always been in the 4chan vocabulary and why do you expect a 4chan board not to indulge in 4chan culture?
>>
>>4120828
>autistic has always been in the 4chan
Nah, it's a 2010 thing.
>>
>>4120825
I would actually, because it's important to see where things came from.

Best FF's
>1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10

Come at me.
>>
File: 1470935832521.png (8KB, 128x224px) Image search: [Google]
1470935832521.png
8KB, 128x224px
>>4120836
Then I'm playing Dragon "But thou must" Quest later.
The only thing I remember from FF1 is, ugh... Garland, time travel something temple heroes of light and that's it. Gameplay wise I remember thief being useless, knight wrecking shit early and mid game, belt wrecking shit mid and late game.
>>
>>4120834
well I say it really isn't but whatever. this discussion will go nowhere so how about we talk about retro games and in this case, jrpg's
>>
>>4120825
The original Dragon Quest is short enough that I don't think its flaws ever become too frustrating. It has enough history behind it to be fascinating even if it doesn't play very well.
>>
>>4120842

If you're gonna play DQ1 but are worried about it being a slog, play the GBC version. It's got boosted EXP and gold rates and is slightly more streamlined. Not in a "go here do this" kind of way, but in a "you no longer need to use a menu command to open a door or go down stairs" way.
>>
File: 1427318687503.png (168KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
1427318687503.png
168KB, 501x445px
>>4121235
If you aren't playing with a dedicated stairs command then what's even the point?
>>
I beat Dragon Warrior for the first time this year. I really enjoyed some parts of it, but found just as many other parts tedious as hell.

I'm indifferent to JRPGs.
>>
>>4121246
Reminds me why I fucking hate DQ. Even DQ8 had trash like that for inventory management. Fucking awful.
>>
>>4123181
That was basically the first jrpg, what did you enjoy as the games have advanced a lot in the 30 years since it released.
>>
>>4117361
>Try and solve a puzzle in a dungeon
>Every two steps a random encounter interrupts you.
>>
File: 1484516744158.jpg (38KB, 540x233px) Image search: [Google]
1484516744158.jpg
38KB, 540x233px
>>4123939
>dungeon is too difficult
>puzzle is too difficult and have to keep backtracking and getting your ass kicked
>claustrophobia starting to set in
I JUST WANT OUT
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.