[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PS1 on PSP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 1200px-Psp-1000.jpg (68KB, 1200x681px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Psp-1000.jpg
68KB, 1200x681px
have you experienced issues emulating PS1 on the PSP? supposedly it should be spot on, but I came across massive slowdown while trying to play Silent Bomber and some slowdown in Vagrant Story in the fight with the dragon in the prologue.

Also I tried downloading Medievil 2 twice but one of the copies lost the music on the first boss fight and the other just crashed after you selecte a stage after that same boss fight.
>>
File: bios-640x480.png (13KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bios-640x480.png
13KB, 640x480px
>>4116006
Are you using Vagrant Story that Sony is selling? They have better QA than self converted stuff. http://renascene.com/ps1/info/171

Silent Bomber is also sold by Sony but only in Japan so maybe if you know how to read nip and hopefully it has less issues.
http://renascene.com/ps1/info/544

Dumps from Sony's CDN:
>Vagrant Story
http://zeus.dl.playstation.net/cdn/UP9000/NPUJ01040_00/SzLQGCdChbyHiTqFrkDmAMACbswnDlMVcgczyVczwcFtyyoHYKmfSiakGiXvYLoXHHaPlhgoYalWDedqckLSNoVsXNIsFcIZqGsMp.pkg

>Silent Bomber
http://zeus.dl.playstation.net/cdn/JP0700/NPJJ00003_00/cba0pVUslL3Uu9QErgdN16OPqWQBSg2FnXmafFpmvFIqX86SGXXi0ojDuabcOjiKeKTj2SWTJK1vBnQ6g1vkcwIxHa0VxdtBfYTTi.pkg

If you don't know how to use these, get https://sites.google.com/site/theleecherman/psnpkgdecryptor-extractor and drag the pkg on here and click extract. Just try these and look for the slowdown areas. If you need to use your own converted stuff, try playing with the compression settings (0, 1, max)
>>
>>4116006
Emulation works fine on my PSP, although I did have some issues with Mortal Kombat Trilogy.
>>
From what I hear, Silent Bomber only has framerate issues in the tutorial stage. The official JP PSN one runs better though.

Funny enough MML1 is broken on the official one but not the convert.
>>
>>4116032

damn, thanks anon, Ill check it out and see how it compares
>>
>>4116006
Gundam Battle Assault 2 doesn't work on it. Besides that I've had no problems with it.
>>
>>4116032

what are you supposed to do with the .BIN files?
>>
>>4116046
MKT has issues running on some, if not all, models of PS2, so that's expected of Sony's emulation.
>>
>>4116094
Ah, ok that makes sense. Which reminds me, is there any way to emulate Game Shark on a PSP?
>>
What's better for PS1 games, PSP or Vita? Is there a difference other than the screens?
>>
>>4116006
Uhmm... I've noticed slowdowns on two stages in Digimon Battle Arena.

However, with POPSloader you can make the PSP use different versions of its psx backwards compatibility and SOMETIMES, that works for some titles.

But psx games, generally, run great on the psp.
>>
>>4116006
Everything plays fine on my device, except Rayman 2 which lags in every sliding section. Medievil 2 works fine for me.

>>4116196
Vita is a better console overall
>more RAM
>more VRAM
>dual analog sticks
It's more powerful and should emulate PS1 games better. PSP does play 99% PS1 games just fine, but PS Vita doesn't lag on Rayman 2 for me for example.
If you decide to get PSV then get one with 3.6 or older firmware.
>>
>>4116347

Where did you get medievil 2? Both the ones in emuparadise and nicoblog are no good
>>
>>4116092
If you mean keys.bin, it's DRM related but the modern state of PSP homebrew (for many years) makes that file obsolete, you don't need it. I never transfer it to my Vita and it still plays. document.dat is the digital manual.
>>
>>4116196
Every PSP firmware has its own version of Sony's internal PS1 emulator called Pops. Different firmware/Pops make some games work and some games not work or not as well. So there's a PSP plugin called Popsloader that lets you decide which firmware Pops to use for each game. Vita doesn't have Popsloader or anything like that right now, so anything you play on Vita defaults to the 6.60 version of Pops.
>>
>>4116196
Vita requires more effort to get ps1 or other similar things going than psp. But overall the console is better in pretty much every area.
>>
Some games either have issues or don't work. Out of the hundreds I've tested, I've found those issues:
- Super Hero Sakusen: intro CG enters a loop, I don't know a way around it. It has the same issue on most PC emulators too, except PCSX.
- Resident Evil 3: you need to select Normal disc reading speed
- Ace Combat 2: issues with sound
- Brave Fencer Musashi: if you leave the intro running, it freezes
- Captain Commando: does not load at all, or there is no sound
- Pocket Fighter: there are random loading errors
>>
>>4116356
I have the original game, so I ripped it and converted it with a psx>psp converter which generated an eboot file for me. I did this with many ps1 games I have. This was years ago tho so I have no idea what tool I used but I the icon of savefiles it used was an edgy vampire looking character.
I'd post the PSP game if I could but I no longer have the miniUSB cable so I'm stuck being unable to transfer shit to and from my PSP. I'll try to find the original game tomorrow and rip an iso file, upload it somewhere. Will post the link here if the thread is alive.
>>
>>4116006
What about PS1 games that make use of the lower shoulder buttons? How are you supposed to play games that use those as part of the setup?
>>
>>4116428
Thanks man
>>
>>4116435
You can rebind them. And the analog is assigned by defaul to R2L2
>>
>>4116412

>- Brave Fencer Musashi: if you leave the intro running, it freezes

I was just about to run that one, good to know
>>
>>4116006
>>4116439
https://mega.nz/#!v9pk0SBR!j9pSSwiQ5dsKwQSYK0yT0AyJPXkWfrflKsGGQ85ST80

Here it is mate. I archived it to make the download smaller so just unzip it. It boots up fine on my android's psx emulator and I tested it up to the first boss. All sounds are there and no crashes.
>>
>>4118768

thanks again anon!
>>
>>4116428

have you tried buying an old USB phone cable? the port fits and it actually works
>>
I have NO IDEA how it works. I've tried Resident Evil 2 on my PSP. It would freeze on the
>WARNING! THIS GAME CONTAINS GORE yadda yadda
screen. I've read you can change some systems/versions (I don't know the terms and didn't quite get it) and you have to try different ones. Tried it, didn't work, couldn't get back to that selection screen. So no I have no idea how to get RE2 to run on my PSP with custom fireware. Any advice/guide would be very much appreciated.
I did a bunch of googling, found lists of what I should it set to but I didn't understand much of it. I've also installed something which let me change the version, I had to do a reset but then I couldn't change it anymore.
>>
>>4116347
>If you decide to get PSV then get one with 3.6 or older firmware.
How do I know which firmware does the Vita have without opening the box?
>>
>>4116356
>Where did you get medievil 2? Both the ones in emuparadise and nicoblog are no good
Why? I got it and it work fine for me.
>>
>>4116428
>I no longer have the miniUSB cable
http://forums.qj.net/zx-81s-homebrew-releases/144949-psp-ftpd-ftp-server-your-psp-v0-5-0-a.html
Even better speed than the USB cable
>>
>>4118831
Just go to emuparadise and search for Psx to psp
>>
>>4118810
I haven't used my PSP in years and CTR is already on it which is probably the only game I'd play on it. Phone and PC emulation is much more comfy.

>>4119754
The seller will state which version it is.

>>4119758
>500k download, 250k upload
Whew. That's at least 5-15 minutes of transferring per game.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.