[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Rondo of Blood worth playing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_5271.jpg (150KB, 1040x1040px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5271.jpg
150KB, 1040x1040px
Is Rondo of Blood worth playing?
>>
Most Ow Ber Ray Ted Castlekino.
>>
>>4115551
It's my fave old school castlevania. It's worth playing to get the full story because it leads straight into symphony of the night. The original also has one of the most badass boss fights in the series.
>>
Am I gonna have to emulate it? Isn't it for sega cd and turbografix? I don't have either of those.
>>
We like fighting but all of the retro CVs are very good except a couple of ultra obscure ones hardly anyone talks about anyway.
>>
Psp version worth it? Sounds like the definitive version to me.
>>
>>4115664
PSP version is definitely worth it, and also includes the original PC Engine Rondo, and the best version of SOTN.
>>
>>4115649
You can either emulate it, get the PSP version (includes original Rondo and SotN as well as a remade 2.5D version of Rondo), or get it off the Wii VC. It was never on Mega CD.
>>
>>4115551
Yes

Also make sure to play other top tier PCE games like Ys IV, Soldier Blade, Parasol Stars, Bonk 2, Ninja Spirit and Legend of Xanadu. Too many "retro gamers" only play Rondo and nothing else
>>
I'm not huge on the 2.5d remake, though others seem to think it's okay. The PCE version is amazing though. I'd say it's only surpassed by CV3.
>>
>>4115649
emulate it. There's like a Windows 95/98 Japanese version download that I've used that even works in wine if you have Linux. Don't know if it's still around though. That was my go to version back in the day.
>>
>>4115551
Hell yeah, IMO it's the best classic castlevania.
>>
Heard the hype. Got skeptical. Played it. Loved it.
it was the best of everything that came before it and still holds up. Very polished experience
>>
>>4115658
CV2 and CV3 are too hard to be good, at all.
>>
File: Alex.jpg (148KB, 1444x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Alex.jpg
148KB, 1444x1050px
>>4116140
>it's hard so it's bad
Nice meme, kid.
>>
>>4116140
>CV games
>hard
t. console-kiddy nu-gamer who's never touched an arcade cab before
>>
Does Legacy of Darkness contain the exact same singleplayer mode of C64?
>>
>>4116503
Nope, different level designs for Carrie and Reinhardt.
>>
>>4116240
>SCB
hi australia-kun
>>
>>4116531
So is it worth playing C64 if you have LoD?
>>
>>4115685
The 2.5D one has a nice Dracula fight. Other than that it's just uglier
>>
>>4116558
I would play C64 for Carrie/Rein and LoD for Henry and the furry.
>>
>>4116625
Okay, but the Carrie/Rein segments are partialy in LoD right?
>>
>>4115626
>castlevania
>story
gooby pls
>>
>>4116640
They are entirely there, some levels like the clock tower are redesigned.
>>
>>4115751
That's completely retarded when there's a perfectly fine PACE emulator in mednafen which runs natively on Linux
>>
>>4115669
It includes the original Rondo, sure, but it sucks. The audio is all fucked and the cutscenes are wrong.
>>
>>4116404
You can brow beat kids all you want, but figuring out what to do in Simon's Quest is a fucking crapshoot.
>>
>>4117059
Nah, only 1 or 2 cutscenes have problems with the audio sync, the rest of the game is fine.
>>
Is the Wii VC version acceptable? How is pc engine /cd emulation on Wii in general? Just got one and a crt.
>>
>>4117112
As far as I can tell, it's perfect.
The Wii can output 240p, so if you have a CRT; there's no difference between the Wii and the PCE CD. In fact Wii might be better due to no loading times.
The only minor nitpick difference is that the german guy that speaks on the intro is different, on Wii it's the same audio from the PSP port of Rondo. Not a big deal if you ask me.
>>
>>4117124
Sounds good, i can deal with that minor change. Thanks anon. Sorry for being off topic but could you comment on the emulation quality of other systems VC? Mainly SNES and N64. I own these systems but i dont have nearly all the carts i want to play on there..i'd be willing to emulate via official VC if the emulation is good.
>>
>>4117142
I didn't play N64 on Wii VC, but I hear it's good, like, possibly the best way to play emulated N64.
I have played NES, SNES, MD, TG16, and Neo Geo on VC, they were all great, couldn't tell any flaw.
I've heard WiiU and 3DS VC have issues though, but as far as I know, Wii is good.
>>
>>4117156
Damn, sorry, I DID play N64 on Wii: Sin and Punishment.
The emulation was good, everything looked and sounded perfect, but my problem with it was the controls. I played with a GC controller, and it wasn't as precise as playing with the real N64 controller.
Maybe if there's a way to hook up a N64 controller to the Wii...
>>
>>4117142
Wii VC in general is pretty good. The SNES games all run pretty near flawless. The n64 games have some errors but it is all really minor stuff.
>>
>>4116640
Yes, but they're better in CV64.
>>
>>4117156
>>4117158
>>4117172
Thanks for that. Im looking forward to trying some games out tonight
>>
>>4115551
Before I played it, I thought there was no way it could live up to the hype.

It's every bit as amazing as people say it is.
>>
>>4115551
It's considered one of the best by normies and youtube so no.
>>
File: trophy.png (95KB, 300x381px) Image search: [Google]
trophy.png
95KB, 300x381px
>>4117559
>>
>>4115664

As long as you download an unlocking save and only play the original games instead of the ps1 style remake.
>>
>>4117559
If you don't think fighting Death at the top of a pirate ghost ship is the tightest shit ever then you can get out
>>
>>4117559
>normies
that's not SOTN
>>
>>4115649
Emulate the Turbo CD version.
>>
>>4117580
>>4117710
>>4117717
Go away normie scum reeeee reeeeeeeeee I hate you so much reeeeeeeeee
>>
File: randy2.png (201KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
randy2.png
201KB, 500x500px
>>4117559
>normies
>castlevania
>>
>>4118183
No you fuck off you god damn shitter park boy loving normie reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I FUCKING HATE YOU DIE IN A FIRE NORMIE SCUM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Normies are starting to get into Saturn, I was watching a stream the other day of a guy playing Saturn games and he was making fun of the games for it while the chat was laughing it up with him, calling such games as Die Hard Arcade, Shinobi X, and the SotN Saturn port meme games.
>>
File: 53654e0dbbda7_large.jpg (481KB, 1024x820px) Image search: [Google]
53654e0dbbda7_large.jpg
481KB, 1024x820px
>>4119104
>I was watching a stream
>>
>>4117062
You mentioned CV3 though. Fuck right off.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.