[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT WAS THIS GAME???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: game.png (66KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
game.png
66KB, 720x720px
I've been wondering what this game was for YEARS, someone help? Rented this thing as a child from Randalls, always wanted to see it again

>Early to mid 90's
>99% sure it was an NES title. Minor chance it was a Sega Genesis game, but doubtful (explained later)
>Never heard of it before, and I was a videogame nut (so not a overly popular title more than likely)
>fighting game
>had weird characters, I seem to recall some kind of praying mantis character with knifes for blades that fell off when he died
>might have been bloody or have some kind of "finish him" sequence after matches ala mortal kombat clone

I remember thinking it was cool because "it's a fighting game like mortal kombat or street fighter, but on the NES". This tells me it wasnt a sega game, and at the time I'm fairly confident we only had NES/Genisis and *maybe SNES, but the later 2 had plenty of fighting games so I wouldn't have had that thought

While I'm almost positive it had the praying mantis char, when typing out the details of his hand blades falling off when beat it made me realize I might be thinking of another game (and now im wondering wtf that would be...battletoads doubledragon?)
>>
>>4115157
>some kind of praying mantis character with knifes for blades
That sounds very much like Time Killers, a fighting game where you could dismember your opponent. It was in the arcades originally and was ported to the Genesis.
>>
>>4115693
I think you nailed it

That title wasnt on NES so it seemed wrong to me initially, but after watching videos of the Genesis version the design of Mantazz seems right both having hand blades + being purple (didn't recall it being purple in memory, but once I saw it it felt right), and they have a stage that is similar to the one blurry memory I have- the dojo stage

Thanks anon!
>>
>>4116828
Happy to help. I think the alternate color of Mantazz was green, so you might be remembering that. I believe the Genesis port was considered to be pretty poor. I remember the game being dumb fun in the arcade.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.