[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TI-99 thread? TI-99 thread. I never see this beauty discussed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: 99.jpg (89KB, 505x548px) Image search: [Google]
99.jpg
89KB, 505x548px
TI-99 thread? TI-99 thread.

I never see this beauty discussed here. Got one just recently and it's pretty amazing. Not a huge library but a pretty good selection of quality stuff. Moon Mine and Slymoids are my favorites so far.
>>
>>4115143
That's TI-99/4A. What's a TI-99? Some calculator they never released?
>>
>>4115203
>splitting those hairs
I bet you're the kind of person who gets upset when people call the NES and SNES "ness" and "sness" aren't you
>>
File: 2600wico[1].jpg (19KB, 676x800px) Image search: [Google]
2600wico[1].jpg
19KB, 676x800px
I grew up with one of those. Great little machine- definitely famous for its Speech Synthesizer and it was easy as hell to upgrade- if you had the money.
Parsec, Munch Man, TI Invaders, and Atari's as well as Imagic's ports to the system were always above average. I used one of pic related to play games, but of course you needed an adapter- and to make sure the Caps Lock was off.
>>
File: TI994aBasic.jpg (127KB, 640x474px) Image search: [Google]
TI994aBasic.jpg
127KB, 640x474px
>>4115143
I had a dozen carts, most of which were p cool.
But the most fun I had was with the TI-BASIC builtin.
We didn't have any of the peripherals, so I would write them down on notebooks, and then program them tediously and leave it on until I was done showing off the animation, music, or game.
Learned a bunch from these magazines they used to have where you could get source for any number of games.
It hooked directly to my TV, with the two pronged antenna connector, so weird to me, considering we had NES and stuff first, with the RF adapter which seemed so much more sophisticated.

I fucking loved TI-99/4a
>>
>>4116002
I went and grabbed a composite cable for it as soon as I got it, I don't wanna mess with that giant RF modulator. Seriously, that thing is a beast.

>>4115880
Parsec and munchman are both great, haven't grabbed TI invaders yet. Mine didn't come with controllers but I hear the stock ones are awful anyway, I'm just gonna make an adapter box so I can use genesis controllers.
>>
Was my first computer. Mainly played Parsec, TI Flight, Adventureland and Shamus which I recently discovered was created buy a guy who's now a girl.
>>
>>4116418
Try to find FaceMaker as well. Munchman is really great and charming considering it's ascii based graphics
There's a decent one where it's two players, tanks shooting at each other with obstacle walls you can shoot, that's fun too
>>
File: facemakerTI994a.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
facemakerTI994a.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>4116609
Forgot pic
>>
File: Blasto2.png (2KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
Blasto2.png
2KB, 280x210px
>>4116609
>tanks shooting at each other with obstacle walls
Blasto?
>>
>>4115868
>getting that butthurt
Upset? No chance. I love laughing at people when they do silly things.
>>
>>4116674
Yes
>>
I love bill cosby
>>
My father had one at one point, without a monitor but he ended up selling it I think.
>>
File: ti992-a.jpg (93KB, 590x802px) Image search: [Google]
ti992-a.jpg
93KB, 590x802px
>>
>>4115143
Is that bill cosby and does it have eroges?
>>
>>4119118
Sure. I respect women too.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.