[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gaming Mysteries:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Inafune cocoron.jpg (90KB, 880x309px) Image search: [Google]
Inafune cocoron.jpg
90KB, 880x309px
Left is confirmed artwork by Keiji Inafune for Mega Man 1. Left is promotional artwork for the game Cocoron. Notice how similar they look? Could it be that Inafune lent a favor to his old mentor and did some promotional artwork for Cocoron?

Kitamura directed by Mega man 1-2, and Cocoron, so it's not impossible.
>>
>>4114213
>Left is confirmed artwork by Keiji Inafune for Mega Man 1
>Left is promotional artwork for the game Cocoron.

so the artwork for megaman was also the promotional artwork for cocoron? Interesting
but what about the image on the right?
>>
>>4114214

>I am a nigger making a big deal about a typo.
>>
>>4114213
I can't prove it for certain, but I'd say it's pretty probable since he has a connection to both games.
>>
>>4114220
That's not a typo. Thid is a typo. Confusing left and right is just retardation.
>>
>>4114220
>a typo
the difference between left and right is pretty fucking important in every situation where left and right need to be specified
>>
>>4114360

Thing is though, Inafune was a Capcom employee, so making artwork for a rival company would likely be a no-no.
>>
File: R2Manual_2[1].jpg (973KB, 1620x1971px) Image search: [Google]
R2Manual_2[1].jpg
973KB, 1620x1971px
It's funny that your first thought is that Inafune "helped" with the Cocoron art when the much more obvious conclusion is that Cocoron was a Kitamura design and so was the original Mega Man. Look at the oldest of old Mega Man art - the almond shaped eyes, the flat smile, the looser helmet - and draw your own conclusions.
>>
>>4114494
This plus the style is very generic 80s anyways, a lot of modern moeshit use the exact same style but they're not made by the same guy.
>>
>>4114494

As far as I know Kitamura wasn't an illustrator, so I doubt the style is his.
>>
>>4114494
>with the Cocoron art when the much more obvious conclusion is that Cocoron was a Kitamura design and so was the original Mega Man.

Kitamura is not a professional illustrator. Inafune was brought on to turn his rough drawings and pixel art into refined art good enough to put on box art.

Kitamura can draw, and he posts some drawings to his site, but there's a kind of crudeness to them.
>>
Cocoron has official art?
>>
>>4114213
>Notice how similar they look?
No
>>
>>4114385
>>4114392
>>4114214
You know what he fucking meant wise guy just ignore it.
>>
>>4114213
it's possible
>>
>>4114504
>This plus the style is very generic 80s anyways,

Inafune's style is reminicent of Akira Toriyama. Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball were huge at the time, so I can see why this would appear to be "generic".

>>4114660

This would have meant that it would have been unofficial, as he was a Capcom employee at the time.
>>
>>4114592
I'm with this guy
>>
>>4115568
>of Akira Toriyama
And Koji Inada, and Tetsuhiro Koshita, and Early Gosho Aoyama, and...
That style was all over the place in kiddie shonens.
>>
>>4114592
>>4114647
Cool thread
>>
>>4114220
You fucked up.
We make fun of you for it.
Deal with it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.