[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CD-R brand - Redux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: eureka.jpg (240KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eureka.jpg
240KB, 1920x1080px
Hi all.

In the previous thread >>>4103871 I found some stock of JVC CD-Rs that I suspected might actually be NOS Taiyo Yuden production.

As promised I have returned now the goods have arrived (500 discs in total) with a status update. These are in fact the real deal. Nice mid-blue recording surface and they report the correct MID in Imgburn.

Here's hoping that my burn tests will be equally successful.
>>
File: 56050_1[1].jpg (91KB, 1024x780px) Image search: [Google]
56050_1[1].jpg
91KB, 1024x780px
>>4113516
Here's the packaging the discs came in for reference.

Note especially the "Made in Japan" as CMC has no production facilities there.
>>
>Panzer Dragoon 2.iso
>not 4 bins and a cue
I think I'm seeing your problem. Use proper rips.
>>
>>4115653
Pretty much this, OP.
>>
>>4113516
Ive had the same problems as you since my PSX laser was dying. My saturn still reads all my backups properly though using swap trick.
>>
>>4115653
You mean 1 bin and 1 cue

>>4113516
Imgburn is known to cause coasters. Use a good burning app. I've been using Nero 7 for over a decade now and never got a single error after thousands of burned discs.
>>
File: Winniethepooh2011dvdrip.jpg (49KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
Winniethepooh2011dvdrip.jpg
49KB, 720x400px
OP here.

Where did I say I was having trouble with my burns beforehand? I simply wanted to stock up on some genuine TY media before it's gone forever...
>>
>>4115729
>1 bin 1 cue
Redump says NO. 1 data bin, 3 audio bins. Anything else is incorrect shit.
>>
>>4115729
I've burned .cdi dreamcast images with Imgburn just fine. I never had any problems with it.
>>
>>4115761
http://www.rima.com/prod/1168.html
I don't think they're going anywhere.
>>
File: 58153632.jpg (110KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
58153632.jpg
110KB, 400x400px
>>4115776
>CMC Pro
>Powered by TY Technology
>Made in Taiwan
>>
>>4115786
Its not like we have a choice.
There's nothing else to buy.
>>
>>4113516
Speaking of their quality, in my old collection of burned media, the taiyo yuden cd-rs are the only ones that still work. The other burns I made with cheap media no longer work.
>>
>>4115795
I literally just bought the ones in OP a few days ago.

They're still out there, you just need to look properly.
>>
>>4115765
>1 data bin, 3 audio bins. Anything else is incorrect shit.

Well then they are doing it wrong because that's not how CDs work. You have one TOC and then a giant stream of data. That directly translates to 1 cue and 1 bin. They are also missing subcodes.
>>
>>4113516
I have these PlexDisc CD-R's and DVD-R's I got for super cheap on NewEgg and they work great for PS2, PS1, Saturn, and Dreamcast.

I think CD-R quality is kind of a meme.
>>
>>4116154
>REDUMP IS WRONG
OK expert.
>>
>>4116210
The question is less "do they work?" and more "will they still work in 10+ years?"

Possibly a moot point with hard disk and cloud storage being as cheap as they are right now and going forward but will CD-Rs even be available when your current ones fail, let alone any remotely resembling decent quality?
>>
>>4116212
You basically said that original CDs are wrong because Redump lists 4 bins while original cds don't.
>>
>>4115765
Redump is shit, they've had ishit information on their site for years and dont bother to fix any of it

Love you children who go Reduml says this so everything else is shit, theyre shit and so are you you fucking pawn for parroting second hand information knowing shit about it
>>
>>4116225
I don't really care if they work in 10+ years. If I still want to play those games I can just burn them again.
>>
>>4118392
That was the point of my last sentence.

You may not be able to...
>>
>>4116154
Not how CDs actually work.
It's a reminiscent from audio CDs, you have one index and several tracks. The tracks are physically separated. Not one stream.

Get your shit together.
>>
>>4118410
Bud, we're talking with people who call Redump shit. I doubt they CAN get their shit together.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.