[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Atari distribute the famicom?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: atari.jpg (26KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
atari.jpg
26KB, 600x440px
Why didn't Atari distribute the famicom?
>>
Atari couldn't distribute drugs at a junkie convention at that point
>>
DID YOU KNOW GAMING Atari was inspired by the Japanese word 当たり which roughly translates to gang rape.
>>
>>4113430
Because of the crash right? Thats the answer I would expect.
>>
>>4113430
1) pride goeth before a fall

2) those whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad
>>
>>4113430
Doing some quick reading about the subject it looks like there was some interest from both parties to make a deal like that.

What I think happened though is nintendo either saw a sinking ship in the financial end of atari or atari just couldn't muster up enough of an incentive package to get the licensing done.
>>
>>4113465
It's actually short for 当り屋 which refers to people faking accidents to extort money.
>>
>>4113431
LEL, so salty.
>>
>>4113497
That's more accurate.
>>
They thought the 7800 could compete directly with it, basically. As crazy as that sounds now in hindsight.
>>
Dong on the Coleco caused a falling out
>>
>>4113652
the 7800's only good original game was Midnight Mutants and it was only slightly above average
>>
>>4114458
I didn't say it was a rational thought. Ninja Golf is okay too though.
>>
>>4114458
Fatal Run is also pretty good. It also had a couple (arguably) superior ports, like ikari warriors and xevious.

Real shame about that stock controller though. If only it shipped with the euro pad everywhere.
>>
Maybe Atari were more concerned with the ST, I don't know.
>>
>>4115145
For the most part but the company was being torn in several different directions. The Tramiels were trying to focus on computers and abandon consoles altogether until they decided they wanted a piece of that Nintendo money.
>>
atari did what nintendidn't that's why
>>
>>4115105
Don't forget baout Crossbow, Barnyard Blaster, Food Fight, Xevious, and Scrapyard Dog.
>>
>>4116258
>atari did what nintendidn't
implode as a company? yeah.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.