[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>1985 computer >only one button WHAT were they THINKING?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: amigajoystick.jpg (299KB, 370x600px) Image search: [Google]
amigajoystick.jpg
299KB, 370x600px
>1985 computer
>only one button

WHAT were they THINKING?
>>
>>4112431
Has a whole keyboard full of keys though
>>
>>4112431
>he cant operate a computer using only the power button

why are you even alive
>>
>>4112612
Most games didn't use the keyboard though, they used the shitty joystick that only had one button, which meant you had to jump by pressing "up".
>>
>>4112727

I personally had no problem using "up" for jump, was somewhat intuitive.

Keyboard part, though: why arcade ports for C64 etc. didn't usually utilize keyboard for things like, say, writing names or such? I understand why letter-by-letter selection by joystick was necessary in arcade but come on.
>>
>>4112431
>1985 arcade
>only one button
>WHAT were they THINKING?
lel
>>
File: Microsoft_sidewinder_gamepad_2.jpg (10KB, 237x198px) Image search: [Google]
Microsoft_sidewinder_gamepad_2.jpg
10KB, 237x198px
Its a 1985 stick, not a 1983 JP stick. At the least its better than the fucking Sidewinder
>>
>>4112431
>complains about on button joysticks
>posts a picture of a joystick with four buttons clearly visible on it
I want summerfags to leave.
>>
>>4113584
0/10
>>
>>4112431
The Amiga supports 2 buttons though, most games just never used it.
>>
>>4115721
Actually supports 3 although even fewer games supported that.
>>
>>4112431
I see two buttons though. One for left handed people and one for right handed people.
>>
>>4117683
The buttons serve the same function, so it really is just one button, which sucks for videogames.
>>
>>4112431
Keyboard.

>>4112727
They did.
>>
>>4115721
>>4116858
Amiga supports 6 button Genesis controllers too with all buttons working, just that only a few games like Doom ever used it.

But 2 button games are plentiful though. Most cool games support it.
>>
>>4112431
Where's the problem?
Also they weren't thinking anything, the controllers could have several buttons.
>>
>>4117937
I guess technically it supports as many buttons as you want if you're going to modify the interface and protocol.
>>
File: Lorraine.jpg (209KB, 820x505px) Image search: [Google]
Lorraine.jpg
209KB, 820x505px
>>4116858
They should have shipped at least earlier models with a gamepad or joystick with 3 buttons, that way it would have become a standard.
>>
>>4119865
>if you're going to modify the interface and protocol.
You don't need to modify anything, it supports it out of the box.
It's up to the developer to choose how many buttons they implement.

7-button+Dpad CD32 controller works perfectly fine with an Amiga 1000 that came out 7 years before it without any modification.
>>
>>4120106
>7-button+Dpad CD32 controller is a genesis controller
Confused much?
>>
>>4121224
What are you talking about? You don't modify anything for the Genesis controller or CD32 gamepad. Both work the same.
One thing that's recommended is switching the power pin on the Genesis controller though. Nothing to do with protocol or buttons.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.