[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the undeniable best mega man game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: 42332434.gif (66KB, 492x296px) Image search: [Google]
42332434.gif
66KB, 492x296px
What is the undeniable best mega man game?
>>
two
>>
>>4112427
powered up
>>
megaman and bass snes
megaman x1
>>
What would you say to a guy who wants to own MMX2-3 copies for his SNES but can't really afford em
>>
>>4112427
unquestionably Mega Man 2.

However, I love all the MM games on the NES, SNES, and X4. Sadly it's all downhill from there, IMO. However X5 has some good music.

If you're interested, here's a link to someone who does great interpretations of the music:

https://krzysztofslowikowski.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>4112445
Tough luck, kid.
>>
>>4112449
Is MM1 worth it?
>>
File: Yellowdevil.jpg (23KB, 507x404px) Image search: [Google]
Yellowdevil.jpg
23KB, 507x404px
>>4112454
yes
>>
>>4112454
Mega Man 1 has a lot of fun things going for it for collectors. The box art is hilarious, the music is great, the game's design is also kind of the odd-man out in the mega man games. There's 6 robot bosses, there's score, and there even pause (wow!).

It also has one of the hardest bosses in the NES Mega mans, Yellow devil.
>>
>>4112445
sell your organs
>>
>>4112474
I heard you could sell a testicle for 10k in Vegas
>>
>>4112479
better buy some tickets, do it for megaman
>>
>undeniable
Fuck off. Start threads by stating the topic and giving your own opinion, not by throwing out some shitty nonspecific bait
>>
>>4112445
go get a job
>>
Anyone that says MM2 is riding purely on nostalgia. It's a mess of needlessly aggravating design, i.e Quick Man and Boobeam Trap.
MM3 would have been the greatest but immense slowdown and Doc Robot holds it back.
The correct answer is MM4 for overall balance. MM6 is second for introducing fun but gimmicky Rush Adaptors and being too easy, MM9 is third for being a great game but removing the fucking slide.
>>
>>4112494
Nope.
>>
>>4112490
Does a half empty ballsack look weird?
>>
2 or 3
>>
>>4112427
the 8-bit demake of mm7
>>
>>4112429
It's also the easiest
casual
>>
>>4112427
mega man zero 2
>>
X1 is definitely the best in the series.

MM2 is absolutely and incredible game, but it's the FFVII of the Megaman series, overrated as sin.
>>
MM1?
That's the only game I could get through, the rest are boring and too hard.
>>
Legends
>>
I only like 2.
>>
>>4112749

I thought MM1 was one of the harder ones. But then it's been a while since I've played any outside of the first three, technically four but i'm stuck on the first Cossack level/
>>
Mighty No. 9
>>
>>4112709
Only if you are a cuck and use item2 to skip the platforming
>>
>>4112427

for me, in this order

list only has 1-8, vs Bass and 1-5 gameboy

1. V
2. VI
3. 5(gameboy)
4. III
5. 4(gameboy)
6. IV
7. VII
8. 8
9. Rockman vs Bass
10. II
11. 2(gameboy)
12. 3(gameboy)
13. Dr Wily's Revenge(gameboy)
14. 1
>>
>>4112812
why on earth would you rank 2gameboy above 3gameboy
>>
>>4112880
>

fair question. I may have to change my mind on second thought, but I did play II more.
>>
>>4112427
X6
>>
9, and I'm not even joking.
>>
Mega Man V
>>
File: Protoman7.jpg (187KB, 643x989px) Image search: [Google]
Protoman7.jpg
187KB, 643x989px
Out of the original NES ones, 4 is the most balanced, and the one with the least flaws.

If you count everything... 9 is the best. Every single step you make in that game is masterfully crafted, and it has incredibly perfect gameplay flow.

I have a very hard time rating 7/8 and MM&B. all 3 are great, with their pros&cons.

And finally:
>Underrated spin-off tier:
Power Battle, Power Fighters; and also Battle & Chase. All three are just great.

>>4112501
>MM3 would have been the greatest but immense slowdown and Doc Robot holds it back.

Then you'll be happy to play this, fixes all the slowdowns, all the glitches, and also has some other additions:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/992/

>>4113325
The GB one ? It is great, but there is something about the physics in the GB games which is just off.
>>
>>4112530
Yes. You'd better sell both of 'em.
>>
>>4112886
That's probably because 2 is piss easy and can be farted trhough in 2 hours
>>
>>4113325

based V, hell yea
>>
>>4112445
Get the J versions which are about 10% of the cost.
>>
>>4112984
This.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-09-22-23h07m41s400.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-09-22-23h07m41s400.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Hey guys you should check out this fan made mega man maker it's free and comes out on saturday 7/15!

https://mega-maker.com/
>>
>>4112445
Japanese or repros. I biught the set twice cause i sold it due to baby needs, wont do that again.
>>
Battle Network 3
>>
>>4114493
No thank you, I'd rather hack actual MM games.

Also in b4 1/100 good level ratio, although that is true of romhacks as well
>>
File: megaman-vs-sf.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
megaman-vs-sf.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>
>>4115217
No.
It's alright but it's got many flaws.
Like art that's not very good, hard to tell what is foreground and what is background.
Level design that feels like anything but mega man, except for maybe Blanka stage
Character art not always great
Bosses moves, which randomness can lead to either a super easy, or super hard fight depending if you're lucky or not. Also sometimes it's literaly impossible to avoid getting hit if you're unlucky with some bosses.

As far as fan games are concerned Unlimited is probably the only one that comes close to feeling like it could be an actual MM game. Too bad that even in that, they fucked the end game with fanfiction tier bs.
>>
This may be off-topic...but doesn't deserve its own thread.

I enjoy the Mega Man OST. Not exclusively, but it is pretty fun and great. I'm also a musician and really enjoy seeing people play covers of songs I like.

That being said, why the FUCK is every single Mega Man cover by every single person some sort of "metal" version? Even more fun chill songs like crashman or flashman are distorted messes.

I am aware of The Advantage and do think they are the best nintendo cover band by miles for this exact reason. I just don't know why other cover bands and all covers of specifically Mega Man are metal. (Though -while not my style- I did find a banjo cover of Flash Man that was nice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swsWt-KJuC8 and of course this mariachi version of Wily Stage is pretty sweet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s_QXnox4kk)

Anyway, how do the rest of you feel? Am I in the wrong? Is Mega Man truly so "metal" that I am just out of touch and don't understand?
>>
>>4116149
I think it's just that chiptune sounds closer to metal if you had to compare with anything, and also, "metal" in general is so broad and has so many different sub genres that any type of composition can be metal, as there are some metal sub genres which rules are similar to classic music for instance.

If you want some "non metal" MM stuff, check the official OST of the "Rockman Complete Works", the PS1 Jap only versions of MM1-6.
>>
>>4116149
High bpm, gritty chiptune sound that often mimicks guitars (airman) and simple minor harmonies
>>
2 or x
>>
Hard to choose, but I had the most fun with X3 and X4.
>>
>>4116149
I blame Funtwo
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.