[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modchips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: vgtt7p.jpg (114KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
vgtt7p.jpg
114KB, 640x478px
Why do my Saturn and PS1 modchips almost never work? Is it the CDs? I've tried tons of brands and burned discs at different speeds but at the end of the day there's like a 25% chance of the game actually booting
>>
Low quality CD-Rs, laser out of whack/in need of adjustment to actually properly read the CD-Rs, or quite possible in the case of the Saturn, bad rips?
>>
>>4112186
Many potential reasons with a single root cause.
>>
>>4113138
>single root cause
which is?
>>
>>4112186
I would said shit media, get JVC branded Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim Azo(Mitsubishi Discs).
>>
>>4113147
Who is the person who burned every single one of those discs?
>>
>>4113192
That's not a valid cause you gimboid
>>
>>4112186
It could be your laser.

It could also be bad burns on your CD's.
>>
>>4113281
...or it could be anon's disc images, or the burner, or a non-stealth chip failing to load later games or...
>>
>>4112186
You are either burning shitty iso/mp3 or your consoles laser is broken. Since you mentioned PS1, I'm leaning on the latter.
>>
>>4113147
(You) You need to learn the basics of troubleshooting to start with. Then learn how to do it for each system you're having problems with.
>>
File: 1482114263240.gif (1014KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1482114263240.gif
1014KB, 500x375px
>>4112186
>mfw have a stack of Saturn games burned at 10x on no-name media
>mfw every single one of them works just fine
>>
>>4114680
Same here. I tried burning on random sony or maxel discs as well as verbatim azos, tried 4x 16x 24x 48x, no matter what, everything worked all the time.

But then again my Saturn can also play this game that has the disc cracked in half on the inner ring, so...
>>
>>4112186
I just recently bought a PS1 from this nice guy down at the Jersey shore and it had a bunch of burned games with it.

Anyway I never had a PS1 modded but my friend had one back in the 90's, he paid 100 bucks for it to be down at the local flea market.

I haven't tried to burn any games myself yet but I will be soon.
>>
>>4112186
OP here, am getting flawless results with Alcahol 120%. Dunno why but whatever
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.