[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vr/ think of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: Fur-fighters.jpg (97KB, 649x650px) Image search: [Google]
Fur-fighters.jpg
97KB, 649x650px
What does /vr/ think of this?
>>
Yiff in hell
>>
>>4111925
I played the demo quite a bit, it seemed pretty fun with good looking graphics and aesthetic. Lots of little secrets that you could access with the character abilities.
>>
>>4111925
It's a totally underrated platformer released unfortunately into a market that was over-saturated with cutesy platformers with better marketing campaigns. I certainly rate it higher than the likes of Spyro and Croc.

It never quite worked out who it's audience was though, I remember there being classic movie, art and bizarre Shenmue references in there.

Not a total classic but worth a mention if you're listing top ten platformers of that gen I would say.
>>
>>4111950

It's a third person shooter not a platformer.
>>
>>4111925
I remember my father buying me this game back in 2001. Only for it not to work on my DC, the same copy worked fine in the shop's DC though.
Damn I was disappointed to never play this game.
>>
File: BmKj_iZCUAAhSdD.jpg (47KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
BmKj_iZCUAAhSdD.jpg
47KB, 600x450px
Great mix of shooting, platforming, and puzzle solving. But man, the levels are fucking huge. Maybe too huge, and if you're a completionist, then expect 30+ hours to find all the babies. That's if you don't use a walkthrough of course.
>>
>>4111952
>Mom! It's called a third person shooter not a platformer.
>>
>>4111952
True, excuse me. Mandela effect. Same problems exist in that sense too though. What possible market were they targeting
>>
>>4111952
>>4112007
To be fair, it does have a lot of platforming elements (even the characters' unique abilities emphasize this) as well as plenty of puzzles (especially in later levels).
>>
>>4111925
I remember it being really difficult, I don't even think I finished it.
>>
>>4111925
I remember it being pretty cool, but haven't played it in years. Only got to play it at a buddy's house on the DC.
would go play it now, but my DC's laser is acting up again and basically only works with some games and while upside down now
kind of feel like if I turn the laser pot up again, it'll kill it
>>
>>4112075
Only a handful of areas are incredibly difficult. Cape Canardo is a huge difficulty spike compared to most of the game, and I couldn't clear Viggo's Submarine for years.
>>
>it's been over 15 years and I just got the stupid pun in the title
>>
>>4111925
Love it, great 4-player game and campaign.
DAE remember the controls sucking on the PS2 version? They made it twinstick (naturally) but I think they kept the DC orientation so you moved with the left and aimed with the right, it was too weird.
>>
>>4112302
>but I think they kept the DC orientation so you moved with the left and aimed with the right, it was too weird.
That's the default. It can be changed in the settings so it's a little more natural.
>>
>>4112268
There's a pun?
>>
>>4112302
PS2 version sucks because they shoehorned in cel shading for the characters and certain world objects, but not the entire game, so it looks inconsistent and cheap. Probably to distract players from the downgraded textures.
>>
Looks like cheap shovelware.
>>
>>4111925
Absolutely LOVE IT one of my favourites
>>
>>4112480
Doesn't matter. PS2 version has extra content and good voice acting so it is worth playing that version over Dreamcast. The things which ARE cell shaded look better too.
>>
>>4112462

Foo Fighters.
>>
>>4112872
That's the band from the guy who used to be the nirvana drummer.
>>
>>4112854
>good voice acting
Moot point. Like the PS2 version of Rayman 2, the human voices are shit and the game loses its charm because of it.
>extra content
Big whoop. Anyways, the framerate on the PS2 version sucks and the dip from 60 to 20 fps in some scenes is jarring.
>The things which ARE cell shaded look better too.
Not really. They are lazily done and look out of place.
>>
>>4112928
>Like the PS2 version of Rayman 2, the human voices are shit and the game loses its charm because of it.
Don't you fucking compare it to Rayman 2. Viggo himself was voiced by a fucking professional Shakespearean actor.

Sega drones will say any lie to defame Dreamcast->PS2 ports.
>>
>>4111925
I had a pal dreamcast version and it was one of the buggiest game I have ever played I literally could not complete the hell level and one of the dino levels because of bugs
>>
>>4112872
I'm not sure there's a connection there. That's rather contrived. They just sound similar.
>>
>>4112975
Game ports that just shove in voice acting when there previously wasn't any will always be inferior to the original. It didn't need any originally so why would voice acting suddenly make it better.
>>
>>4113646
The original version was probably rushed and unfinished (hence why it is so buggy) with voice acting always intended.
>>
>>4112975
Don't forget the PS2 version has two new weapons and fixed a game breaking glitch the dreamcast version had. Love this game and got it on my emulator. Really needs a proper re-release or something.

I nearly beat the game four different time but each time something would happen like a corrupt save file or my brother accidentally erasing the file
>>
Been a long time since I played it, but like most Dreamcast games it's hard to form an opinion on it because the controller is so shitty.
>>
>>4113718
Play the PS2 version. It's got more content, good voicework, and is far less buggy. Only downside compared to Dreamcast is worse graphics.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.