[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any decent SCART to HDMI scalers on a budget? I can handle a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8904.jpg (14KB, 288x175px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8904.jpg
14KB, 288x175px
Any decent SCART to HDMI scalers on a budget?
I can handle a little lag and maybe not the best picture quality, but a jump up from composite on a HDTV would be nice.
S-Video to HDMI would also be an option, if the price is good.
>>
>>4111732
Steal a framemeister?
>>
>>4111732
Get an OSSC with a DVI-HDMI adapter.
>>
>>4111773
$200 is really steep
>>
>>4111801

Wait a few months save up and cash buy something good once, and be done with it.
>>
File: mNTfm5gl.jpg (63KB, 640x591px) Image search: [Google]
mNTfm5gl.jpg
63KB, 640x591px
are the SNES HD Retrovision cables any good? I did the test on my tv and it supports 240p content
>>
>>4111854
They basically just convert the RGB output of the SNES to component.
If you're in america and do not have access to anything with rgb input then yes, they are good.
It won't make your SD consoles play any nicer with your HD displays though.
>>
>>4111732
I wondered this a couple of months ago and found out the hard way. They pretty much all either suck or break very shortly after you buy them. The one I've been using is for my Model 1 Genesis the Sunikoo SCART to HDMI converter. It puts out a decent picture with very little lag, but the audio input broke literally 10 minutes after I plugged it in. Since the Genesis has the headphone jack on the front, I can still get sound. If you have a SCART audio breakout then its the least shittiest converter you can find for cheap. Also; it overheats too. You can unscrew and take off one of the ends of the converter so it doesn't get too hot.
>>
>>4111732
If you don't mind s-video and already have component ports, you don't need an HDMI adapter. Get something like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Commodore-S-Video-Adapter-S-Video-to-Split-Chroma-Luma-Video-/332247840655?hash=item4d5b83b78f:g:BCMAAOSwKtlWqj6J

and plug it into the green/yellow and the red component ports. Done.
>>
>>4111732
>HDTV LCD
good more crts for me.
>>
>>4111732
Framemeister or OSSC are your only choice. If you can't afford one, save up.

Nothing else is worth bothering with.
>>
>>4111732
>decent
>a little lag and maybe not the best picture quality
You sound confused. The built in scaler in your TV is what you're looking for.
>>
>>4112039
Or you can grab a CRT free from the nearest TV repair store.
>>
>>4112354
>nearest TV repair store

In what country is this still a thing?
>>
>>4112424
>In what country is this still a thing?

In the ones where you don't buy a new $1000 TV every time a new fad is introduced, like 3d or 4k or "LED" (actually lcd with different backlight).

I still use my G10 plasma that is about 7 years old by now. I have no reason to buy a new TV, and I won't really have a reason either until the wall mount bends or breaks off under its weight.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.