[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sgg/ - Service Games General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: first-party-sega.jpg (500KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
first-party-sega.jpg
500KB, 1500x1000px
What's your favourite SEGA console, /vr/?
>>
I don't really give a fuck about the Genesis but Saturn and DC are two of my favorite platforms ever
>>
>>4111642
Pico
>>
File: 5994971_p0.jpg (1MB, 1374x978px) Image search: [Google]
5994971_p0.jpg
1MB, 1374x978px
>>4111642
Saturn and arcade hardware. I kick myself for not buying a Saturn in the 90s.
>>
Anything not called Master System/Sega Mark III.
>>
>>4111694
Why do you not like the SMS, m8?
>>
Dreamcast really was their best, from a library as well as technical point.
>>
God Tier:
Sega's 68K Hardware

High Tier:
Sega's Z80 Hardware

Mid Tier:
Sega's SH4 Hardware

Low Tier:
Sega's SH2 Hardware

Shit Tier:
Post-Mortem Sega
>>
>>4111705
Weak library that lacks must play games and variety.
>>
>>4111778
>Post-Mortem Sega
Doesn't exist, they're a Sonic and Hatsune Miku company now.
>>
>>4111705
too much eurotrash and hueshit
>>
>>4111852
What about Yakuza, PSO2, Puyo, and Shenmue 3?
>>
>>4111874
iirc, Shenmue 3 isn't being published or funded by Sega, it's whyit's on kickstarter. I could be wrong though.

Anyway
Mega Drive>Saturn>Dreamcast>the rest
>>
>>4111874
>Puyo
Really this is all that Saygar has been reduced to? A shitty lolicon tetris game?
>>
>>4111937
Puyo is probably the best vs. puzzle game of all time, though. You are probably just shitty at it.
>>
>>4111642
Saturn > Dreamcast = Megadrive > Sms = Game gear

that said I like all of them
>>
>>4111969
What's the point of being gud at a game nobody plays
>>
>>4111642
mega drive
>>
>>4111643
>DC
>>4111719
>Dreamcast really was their best, from a library as well as technical point.
are you guys just nuts about some specific type of niche genre?

>>4112181
>What's the point of being gud at a game nobody plays
what's the point of being gud at any game?

>>4111969
>You are probably just shitty at it.
Puyo is fucking impossible
>>
>>4111642
SMS, but that's probably nostalgia speaking. I played them all, but only owned them SMS, GG, Genesis, and Sega CD. Sonic and Echo on Sega CD probably got the most play time out of any games I had for the Sega systems.
>>
>>4111661
i modded mine to play cdrs. its my favorite newer system (i rarely go past 16bit)
>>
File: cybershinobi.png (172KB, 256x370px) Image search: [Google]
cybershinobi.png
172KB, 256x370px
Is it really that bad? I... sort of enjoyed it.
>>
>>4111927
football manager probably carries sega by itself
>>
back in the day i would have said saturn. Right now i say MD.
>>
>>4112726
i enjoyed it too
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2oqW4ODibc
this song is nostalgia
>>
My favourite is the SC-3000.
>>
>>4112221
Are you just a turbopleb who only likes games if they have adventure elements?
>>
>>4111642
Dreamcast, hands down. I've never before or since felt like the money for a console was so well spent.
>>
>>4112221
>are you guys just nuts about some specific type of niche genre?
What do you mean? Dreamcast had loads of genre's
>>
>>4111642
It's a tie between the Sega Genesis & Dreamcast.
>>
>>4113069
Hi Australia-kun.
>>
>>4111642
1.Dreamcast
2.Saturn
3.Genesis
4.Master System
The only problem I have with the Dreamcast is how rushed the ports of SFA3 and SF3S were, MVC2 turned out perfect and it's miles ahead of those games graphically.
>>
>>4114052
Master System is better than DC. DC got its life cut too short for us to know whether it could've been great or not.
>>
>>4114052
>MVC2 turned out perfect and it's miles ahead of those games graphically.

MVC2 wasn't a port, it was natively designed for DC.
>>
is it worth getting a dreamcast in this day and age if youve never played sega games? what are the cheapest options available, i know you can pirate with CDs but i dont want to buy memcards
>>
>>4111834
It has a shitload of games, just not in the united states, 98 games in the US but loads more came out in europe and shiett. nice thing its not region locked, so i just ebay stuff from over the pond.
>>
>>4114080
The Dreamcast burned out 4x faster but the games library was 10x as bright. Even today I find that Dreamcast games have aged well because of the simple connection to fun that Sega has.
>>
>>4114789
>Even today I find that Dreamcast games have aged well
Yeah, I haven't encountered any GD-ROM with disc rot, they aged well.
>>
>>4114140
Yeah, but the Sega Saturn got an arcade perfect port of SFA3(minus the resolution) and it had 6mb of ram to work with versus Dreamcast's 16mb of ram. Also the Sega Saturn was a nightmare to work with, while the Dreamcast was a syntch.
>>
>>4114792
I hope you're not about to defend the Saturn then! Haha. I guess if you're talking about longetivity then the Master System wins with flying colours, but this really isn't a huge part of the equation if we're getting down to which console is better.
>>
>>4114805
Huh? I was complimenting the GD-ROMs on having aged well, since I haven't come across any that has disc rot.
To be honest I also haven't come across any Saturn CD with disc rot either, so both of them have games that aged well.
>>
>>4114810
Oh, umm I've had the opposite experience. Dreamcast and Saturn games seem to show up with disc rot quite a bit for me.
>Mfw I find a 9/10 copy of "Berserk: Gut's Rage" and see those black dots of death when I get home.
>>
>>4114832
Maybe it depends on weather, that sucks to hear man.
>>
File: Sega-SG-1000-MkII-Console-FL.jpg (2MB, 4680x2670px) Image search: [Google]
Sega-SG-1000-MkII-Console-FL.jpg
2MB, 4680x2670px
>>4112176
I agree with these power rankings.
Anyone ever seen an SG-1000 or Mark II for sale? When I have the spending money I was thinking of trying to find one. I find the design of the mk II especially sexy. No idea what one would cost these days, though...
>>
>>4114839
I just hope the full 1gb rips of Dreamcast games get catalogged. You only see the compressed 700mb tips floating around it seems.
>>
dreamcast is my favorite console of all time, so many great 1st party games
>>
>>4111642
Either the Mega Drive or the Dreamcast, tho i also like quite some Saturn games
>>
>>4111937

Have you not played Puyo x Tetris yet? It's fucking awesome.
>>
>>4116239
It's the same shit as Puyo 2 with a tacked on casual variation of Tetris.
>>
Mark V > Saturn > Mark III/IV > Dreamcast > Mark I/II
>>
Mark V / Venus (including Giga Drive and Project Mars' libraries) > Katana / Guppy > Project Jupiter > Project Mercury > Mark III / IV > Mark I / II
>>
>>4116534
>>4116679
haha what kind of name is Mark for a console.
Imagine a console named John or Steve.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.