[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Craziest/most complex first person dungeon designs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2423.jpg (225KB, 1024x766px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2423.jpg
225KB, 1024x766px
What are the most ambitious (and possibly frustrating) dungeons of first person crawling history? Stuff like Wizardry IV's nonsense or SMT I's Great Cathedral.

Singular floor mentions and puzzles are fine too
>>
File: dqIII_pyramid.png (3KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
dqIII_pyramid.png
3KB, 256x224px
The pyramid in Dragon Quest III was a lot of bullshit.
Not only is it full of traps and some of the most annoying enemies in the game, but the item you got in the pyramid is a cursed mask, it's like a trap within a trap.
(The cursed mask can be useful though, but it's mostly a hassle, especially because once equipped, you can't take it off)
>>
>>4111430
And I just read OP wanted first person only, welp. Haven't played many first person dc other than SMT games.
>>
File: IMG_3627.png (9KB, 360x356px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3627.png
9KB, 360x356px
>>4111435
No worries
>>
>>4111423
>ice biome immediately bordering a desert

Things like this just piss me off to no end. At least try to put some thought into your world.
>>
File: mmwox-mm5map.jpg (866KB, 1214x944px) Image search: [Google]
mmwox-mm5map.jpg
866KB, 1214x944px
>>4111449
The other side of the world did the same thing.
>>
I feel like this thread is a direct result of the insanity that is Grimoire.
>>
>>4111449
The largest desert on Earth is in Antarctica.
It's not about heat, it's about lack of perspiration.
>>
>>4111502
In part, but I've been playing Paper Sorcerer and it's mostly just been making me think about old blobbers and tile based games
>>
>>4111449
>What is Colorado
>>
>>4111430
Meh, by the time I played DW3/DQ3, I had already played DW2/DQ2, so everything felt tame compared to the Cave to Rhone.

>>4111449
In all fairness, most of the early M&M worlds are actually artificial worlds. Nature had very little to do with it.
>>
>>4111449
Its a fucking science fantasy setting nigger. That's a giant double sided nacelle floating around in space.
>>
This one was a doozy. And while PSII isn't first person anymore, it is a million times worse.
>>
>>4111423
>What are the most ambitious (and possibly frustrating) dungeons of first person crawling history?

Daggerfall's dungeons are a goddamned nightmare to navigate.
>>
>>4111518
>perspiration
Yeah, deserts don't sweat.
>>
File: DoubleDungeons-Level22.png (12KB, 1246x1202px) Image search: [Google]
DoubleDungeons-Level22.png
12KB, 1246x1202px
>>4111423
Wizardy IV's is at least cleverly designed for what it's supposed to be.

SMT1's BS is just a giant featureless McDonald's maze where it's a pain in the ass to get from point A to point B (or even figure out how to) even after you've mapped it all out and even if you don't have to fight monsters, I hate that crap. Might as well be auto-generated. Picture related.
>>
>>4112298
Is this shit for real? That map looks like it could be a whole game.
>>
>>4112315
No automap iirc

HAVE FUN :^) :^) :^)

they don't even make graph paper that big, imagine playing that before the internet. double dungeons' big claim to fame was that you could play 2 player. if you tried that shit with a friend they would murder you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.