[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Famicom from Holy Land of Nippon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Holy Grail of Nippon.jpg (187KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Holy Grail of Nippon.jpg
187KB, 1600x1200px
I got tired of the high prices on SNES items in Europe and North America, and decided to buy Super Famicon from Japan. Games are much cheaper, and I could also buy the game system without paying customs. Is there any negatives about buying Super Famicom except the language and having to buy an unoriginal power supply? Most of the games I want to play doesn't require me to understand what people are saying.
>>
Man, I bought Final Fantasy IV, V, VI and Chrono Trigger for about twenty bucks. This kind of feels like cheating.
>>
>>4109097
the biggest issue is that playing whatever US SNES games you want (eg, if you want to play games where language is an actual barrier to entry) is a pain because of the slot shape
it's loads easier to convert a US SNES to play SFC cartridges rather than vice-versa

that's all I can think of though
>>
>>4109135
>language is an actual barrier to entry

I could probably play the jRPGs I've played sleeping. At least I'm going to try. Looking most forward to Donkey Kong games though.
>>
>>4109097
Get a Japanese looking flashcart and load it with US roms
>>
>>4109135
It's pretty easy to "convert" a SFC to accept american cartridges. Just remove the top half of the shell or buy a gameshark and use it as a passive adapter.
>>
>>4110471
yes, but that looks like ass and (removing half the point of even getting a super famicom)
>>
>>4109097
Get a fucking flashcart and be done with it.

This is from a guy who has a wall of NES and SNES carts. Do not participate in the "retro" market besides hardware. Paying 200 for Earthbound, or 125 or whatever for Chrono Trigger is not worth it. Just buy a flashcart and call it a day.

So much fucking work around to try and be "affordable" when the solution is right in front of you with flashing lights.
>>
>>4110486
What would you recommend for a flashcart?
I'm thinking about doing exactly that.
>>
>>4110547
Depends on the console.

Krikkz has fairly good things, he's the Everdrive brand.

Otherwise, there's the PowerPak, SNES2D or whatever it's called.
>>
>>4109097
back in the day i sold my snes two months after release and got a super famicom. the west only got shit games with old dudes on the cover.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.