[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hdretrovision

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Component cables are back in Stock at HDretrovision. Com. Get em before they're gone full fuckers.
>>
>>4108928
Forgot to add .. for the SNES and Genesis
>>
I take it these would be a pointless purchase if I already use RGB scart cables with my Framemeister?
>>
>>4108935
These are for HD CRT televisions with YUV component input.

If your LCD television has YUV component inputs, it might work (has compatibility issues with some TVs), but the quality would probably be shit like 99% of consumer LCDs that accept analog signals. Framemeister is much better for that kind of thing.
>>
File: DTComponentF_large[1].png (95KB, 413x213px) Image search: [Google]
DTComponentF_large[1].png
95KB, 413x213px
>>4108940
My Framemeister came with a component to d-terminal adapter, what I'm trying to determine is whether the HD Retrovision cables would give me a better quality picture than the scart cable? Obviously they both transmit an RGB signal but would component be a cleaner transmission method than RGB scart or would there be no difference?
>>
>>4108953
Assuming you're using decent scart cables no difference.
>>
>>4108953
Nah, hd retrovision cable takes the RGB output from the console and performs an RGB to YUV conversion on it (the box on the cable). It's impossible for it to be better than the console RGB output itself.
>>
>>4108953
RGB SCART is a superior choice if you have a framemeister. The HD Retrovision cables are designed for producing a cleaner picture on modern LCD TVs but it's not perfect. The cable basically pulls RGB from the system and converts it to component before outputting. Doesn't work on every tv and the output is slightly fuzzy, but it's leagues better than using plain composite from the system to the TV. I think it alters the color space of the signal but I'm not qualified to elaborate on that if it's true.

Pure RGB is always superior. If you don't have the SCART cables but have a framemeister you can get fair results from using composite through the framemeister. The TV's upscaling is atrocious with composite and the framemeister fixes that.
>>
>>4108958
>>4108965
>>4108980
That's good to know, thanks
>>
Why would you buy these if you're just going to need to buy a converter for the rest of your systems?
>>
>>4108940
The ideal use for these is NTSC SD CRT televisions with YPbPr inputs, like FS120 or FV310 model Wegas. There have already been ways to get RGB quality video from consoles to these sorts of sets, previously you would have to have used an external RGB to YPbPr transcoder like a CSY-2100 or SB-2840. The HD Retrovision cables are just a neat in-cable solution that allows you to omit hooking up an external transcoder.

I feel like LCD and HD CRT owners still using stock RF or composite cables for those systems are probably the bulk of buyers for these cables, and while their display will benefit from RGB/YPbPr's better colors and sharpness, it'll still suffer from lag due to the internal upscaling of the sets that don't display 240p properly. They'd be better off investing in an upscaler like an OSSC or XRGB-Mini to both eliminate lag on HD displays and produce the best quality image for high res displays.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.