[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the best X game prove me wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Capa_Mega_Man_X3[1].jpg (41KB, 365x266px) Image search: [Google]
Capa_Mega_Man_X3[1].jpg
41KB, 365x266px
This is the best X game prove me wrong
>>
File: saturnx3.jpg (83KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
saturnx3.jpg
83KB, 600x449px
>>4105613
Close, but you posted the wrong version.
>>
>>4105631
But why so, anon?
>>
>>4105613
It's the exact same game as X1 and X2 except with worse stage design and bosses.
>>
>>4105658
Better music quality.
>>
>>4105686
the music is shit on the saturn version, what are u talking about
>>
>>4105686
lol no
>>
>>4105613
music and stages are worse
like visually its really samey
>>
>>4105613
>Mega Man
I will never understand why this franchise is so liked around here
>>
>>4106069
>around here

Sorry man, but MM is generally up there among the most popular videogame franchises, it isn't just some weird /vr fascination.
>>
I didn't like the X series. What is wrong with me?

Just didn't seem as tight and focused gameplaywise as the originals for some reason. Do I have serious issues as a human being?
>>
>>4106095
I've tried getting into it but the appeal is lost on me. Maybe it's the art? I found myself enjoying Earthworm Jim and Super Star Wars more, even Super Metroid and Metal Slug etc
>>
>>4106101
They aren't as focused, and I'd say that's part of the fun. X is more powerful than classic Mega Man and it's a lot easier to just steamroll everything as him.

It's not retro, but you might want to look into the Mega Man Zero games if you want something more challenging that still controls like the MMX games.
>>
>>4106106

I don't know, I love MM and MMX, but have also enjoyed games from the series you mentioned.
>>
>>4106101
The originals were based around single-screen obstacle courses

X series was based around faster-paced platforming and killing more enemies faster

that's about the only difference in the core gameplay
>>
>>4105686
CD quality music, yes, but the actual music isn't as good as the SNES version.
>>
File: 179.jpg (3MB, 2448x3504px) Image search: [Google]
179.jpg
3MB, 2448x3504px
X3 is the one I had the most fun with because it has the best enemy/bosses designs, gameplay wise.

However it has many little flaws.... All of which this romhack fixes, on top of making Zero fully playable:

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/888/

This hack doesn't just make zero fully playable, it also improves the game if you play as X.
>>
>>4105613
But how could anyone prove you wrong, or right, when that's entirely subjective?

The burden of proof would be on you, regardless.

Faggot.
>>
>>4105613

other than the fact you can play as zero, what makes it better than x1 and x2?
>>
>>4106391

Lies. The CD quality music is fucking banging.
>>
>>4106982
The enemy and bosses designs. It's more challenging. You need to think about what you're doing for almost every encounter and it's very varied.

The music kicks ass too.
>>
>>4106993

if you think so, alright. I think it has the weakest bosses and music, and the worst level design among the snes megaman games.
>>
>>4105631
Did they release that in the usa?
>>
Fag thinks weakest level design, worst bosses and most repetitive music in the series makes the best game
>>
File: X3.png (87KB, 320x278px) Image search: [Google]
X3.png
87KB, 320x278px
>>
File: 181.jpg (3MB, 2424x3504px) Image search: [Google]
181.jpg
3MB, 2424x3504px
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.