[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC Engine TENGEN Prototype sale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Off_the_Wall_3.jpg (75KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Off_the_Wall_3.jpg
75KB, 640x480px
http://www.savejapan.com/shop/

Big news. Some guy is selling prototypes for Marble Madness, Off The Wall, Popils and Peter Pack-Rat. All of these were finished but unreleased

Popils sold for $9800

Hopefully these get preserved?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9co_cYMJkRQ
>>
File: zach_de_la_rocha_by_dunezx.jpg (121KB, 639x864px) Image search: [Google]
zach_de_la_rocha_by_dunezx.jpg
121KB, 639x864px
I'd love to be able to play Popils on something other than a Game Gear.
>>
>>4103519
Fat chance of them getting preserved. At those prices they are only going to be sold to profiteering collectors/investors/hoarders, you'll have a hard time finding a preservationst willing to spend even half that.
>>
>>4103565
Maybe the collector will someday make the decision to find a way to properly dump the ROM...

*crosses fingers*
>>
Tengen's MD Marble Madness is still undumped?
>>
>>4103519
Damn, Marble Madness would be excellent on the PCE. Hopefully we get to play these someday.
>>
>>4103565
>>4103519
>preserved
nope, he's gonna spend $10,000 on something then let his kids play with it without making a copy

What you guys mean is that you hope he releases the rom and fat chance that the buyer will do that. The SELLER on the other hand...
>>
Popil Should have been ported to the Lynx, SMS, and Jaguar.
>>
>>4103679
That's generally what is meant by preserved, yes. And no, I wouldn't necessarily assume that a potential buyer would back it up even for their own archival purposes.
>>
>>4103705
I think it's safe to assume the majority of people who've been in modern possession of a rare prototype have dumped and archived a copy of the rom. That's why I consider prototypes to be a bad investment unless you just stumble across one in the wild of course.
>>
Every prototype hoarder needs to dump their roms after they collect the kings random for selling their stuff. I'd love to play peter pack rat on the pc engine but it aint going to happen so I wont lose sleep over it. I think the faggots that lord prototypes over us want us to be upset but we cant let them win.
>>
>>4103519
>the popils proto has been bought.
>it wont get dumped even tho it was a damn good puzzle game.

Is it really necessary to bum out the people here?
>>
>>4105001
Maybe some day the buyer will have a change of mind...
>>
>>4103709
>I think it's safe to assume the majority of people who've been in modern possession of a rare prototype have dumped and archived
oh you poor poor poor naive namefag
>>
>>4105660
I think you're the one being naive here. Just because someone didn't make a dump available for you to download for free doesn't mean they don't have a dump.
>>
>>4103651

Am I seeing actual 3d objects n' shit here? I mean, granted they're primitive, but FUCK.
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (57KB, 446x360px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.jpg
57KB, 446x360px
>>4106560
Yes, the PC Engine was powerful enough to do real time untextured polygons in 1991. Actual in-game looks like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9co_cYMJkRQ
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.