[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Recommend bad games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 21

File: Bloom County.jpg (87KB, 960x898px) Image search: [Google]
Bloom County.jpg
87KB, 960x898px
Either comically bad or just shitty in general, something lack-luster and disappointing or otherwise plain bad.

I can't say who's gonna go play them, if they'll enjoy how bad it is or if they'll want that amount of time back. However, I can say it's a lot easier to appreciate a good game after playing a bad one.

Cut the usual big meme answers.
Mine is Taz-mania on Gameboy. Was really hard for me to get through but on the genesis I got through everything just fine.
>>
Bad Dudes.
>>
File: Shrek_-_Treasure_Hunt.jpg (54KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Shrek_-_Treasure_Hunt.jpg
54KB, 320x320px
>>4101541
It's literal poopoo, but damned comfy. The music is actually catchy, too. Fuck it, this is a 10/10.
>>
mighty max on the SNES. i suppose it's bad but last time i played it i was impressed by the gameplay
>>
>inb4 "Sonic"
>>
File: bw.png (108KB, 250x219px) Image search: [Google]
bw.png
108KB, 250x219px
Beast Wrestler on Sega Genesis. The gameplay is pure shit.
>>
Monster quest or The Fifth Element for PSX.

Reason I brought this up was because I traded the fifth element for Monster Quest back in the day because I didn't think any game was worth than the Fifth Element. Monster Quest was worse in my opinion because I really hated RPGs. Not sure how bad it is to a person that likes RPG's though.
>>
>>4101648

MONSTER RANCHER, I meant Monster Rancher
>>
File: tsots.jpg (118KB, 695x482px) Image search: [Google]
tsots.jpg
118KB, 695x482px
I have never been able to stand more than 5 minutes of this "game". There have to be worse JRPGs, but the name on this one deserves special props.

>>4101541
OP, you mentioned Taz on GameBoy. You may have not then had the pleasure of the ear cheese-grater that is the Game Gear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BISQ1A4VFxg

I'm pretty sure the composer either gave literally 0 fucks or stroked out and died while on the job and no one noticed.
>>
>>4101690
Oh god that 'music' is awful.
That's terrifying, Anon.
>>
File: cheetahmen2-nes.png (4KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
cheetahmen2-nes.png
4KB, 256x240px
This one is obligatory.
>>
>>4101608
Sonic
>>
File: tumblr_n2c53uc1W61sj3oxho1_500.gif (460KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2c53uc1W61sj3oxho1_500.gif
460KB, 500x340px
>>4101541
I love this one despite the fact that the jumps are total bullshit. Maybe it's the colors and my love for Morticia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnTWVeiqs_g
>>
File: harvester_1.jpg (145KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
harvester_1.jpg
145KB, 600x450px
>>4101541
YOU ALWAYS WERE A KIDDER STEVE
>>
File: 51511_front.jpg (31KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
51511_front.jpg
31KB, 475x347px
This thing is such a mess of game design I don't even know where to begin.

My favorite part is when the game kills off one of your party members and replaces them with a new member that joins at level 1, halfway through the final dungeon.
>>
>>4101541

Hell, any of the first-year sports games on the SMS. Awful in most respects.
>>
>>4102105
Excluding some plot stuff, it wasn't that bad though. Especially compared to typical adventure schlock. Or at least I think so, because I can't remember any ridiculous logic puzzles.
>>
obligatory
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 640x448px
Dino Rex only shows up on worst game EVER lists, but it's pretty fun
>>
>>4102806

Ultimate random button-masher.
>>
File: 1731970-deep_freeze_box_front.jpg (70KB, 933x960px) Image search: [Google]
1731970-deep_freeze_box_front.jpg
70KB, 933x960px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z_u6GKvVc0
>>
File: Cheesy.jpg (39KB, 477x479px) Image search: [Google]
Cheesy.jpg
39KB, 477x479px
>>4101541
I hired this when I was 5 years old. And I remember fondly loving it, but only ever playing it once.

Fast forward 16 years, I remember this game on a whim and I emulated it.

Dear fucking god, the horror.
>>
2 Crude/Crude Buster

jk it's fucking great

Genesis port doesn't totally suck either
>>
Beetlejuice and Predator for NES.
PC-engine has 50% excellent and 50% awful shit in it's library, throw a dart.
>>
File: SLES-04023-F-ALL.jpg (861KB, 1428x1458px) Image search: [Google]
SLES-04023-F-ALL.jpg
861KB, 1428x1458px
I actually thought this was a fake game when I found out about it. Same with Plumbers Don't Wear Ties.
>>
Atlantis No Nazo. Controls are terrible. Levels are boring and ugly. Some parts (like the last boss) are nearly impossible.
>>
>>4102925
I have a general rule that I'll only buy something if there are 10 titles on the system I want to play.
I broke that rule when I found Sorcerian and Y's and I had to have a version with decent audio. I love the soundtracks to both and I bought one immediately from my buddy. Thing has been amazing for me so far, and it's been a ton of fun, I still broke my rule, but it's been a blast.

That being said, yeah, you're right. It does have a lot of awful stuff to go along with the great stuff.
>>
All on NES:

Jaws
Karnov
Super Pitfall
The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
>>
>>4102938
yo im gonna steal this for the box art thread is that okay?
>>
File: Fantasia.jpg (83KB, 640x909px) Image search: [Google]
Fantasia.jpg
83KB, 640x909px
Another shitty one for the list. Don't let the pretty sprites fool you, it's a massive turd published by Sega with terrible music.
>>
>>4103701
You play that piece of shit kiddie platformer where it's just jumping over things and feeding a dragon berries you collected, and you've got three characters like hippo and koala, but there's zero challenge?
I don't remember it's name (JP title) but fuckdamn that shit was miserable in every way possible
>>
>>4104216
There's no moving enemies or pits or anything, just hop over shit getting berries moving right.
Fucking numbingly bad
>>
PO'ed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woRqgOZSy28

It's an irredeemable pile of shit. I honestly have no idea how anyone could fuck up a doom clone this badly.
>>
File: SNESbox.jpg (70KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
SNESbox.jpg
70KB, 640x470px
Someone had to do it.

It's Delphine Software's gameplay style having a head-on collision with a fighting game engine, topped with Shaq at the peak of his ego. I unironically dig the character designs desu
>>
Quest 64
>>
>>4104216
>>4104220
Can't say as I have, but if I ever see a game that looks like that, I'll probably steer clear of it. Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>4104235
Is there any particular reason all the enemies look like Asses?
It really looks like someone just stuck a pair of legs out there and instead of leaving just a regular anus, they gave it a mouth or proboscis of some kind.
>>
File: cw.png (217KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
cw.png
217KB, 475x347px
Cool World is pretty bottom of the barrel for SNES era platformers
>>
>>4105885
The movie is pretty great though. An underappreciated gem for sure.
>>
>>4103805

Fantasia being terrible actually ended up a good thing. After it bombed, Disney were so concerned they sent over their own animators to work with SEGA on the next Disney game. Basically, without fantasia being terrible, Aladdin wouldnt have been anywhere near as good as it was.
>>
>>4101608
Sonic Labyrinth and Sonic Blast (GG) are legitimately awful games
>>
>>4106037
all of the game gear sonic games are trash
recently I was going through all of the retro sonic platformers and the game gear ones and Knuckles Chaotix were all so bad that I couldn't be bothered to finish them
>>
>>4101545
I unironically like that game.
>>
>>4102323
I refuse to believe a game with a mecha design that awesome can be shit.
>>
File: 68A7A5hy.jpg (32KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
68A7A5hy.jpg
32KB, 351x351px
>>4106128
>>
>>4106128

Moriki Yasuhiro & Hajime Katoki (both god tier anime mecha designers) did the mecha designs but had nothing to do with the game development.
>>
File: 1498350394636.jpg (113KB, 800x797px) Image search: [Google]
1498350394636.jpg
113KB, 800x797px
>>4105885
This
The game is so fucking bad, but it stands out from the horde of SNES shovelware platformers because it's so goddamn bizarre that it ends up being bad in ways you would never even imagine a game to be bad.
Some "doors" are just screaming sprites of heads, the city is genuinely dangerous and you can't tell which characters are harmless and who will mug you. One guy will walk right by you and mug you only when you have a lot of money and before you enter the bar, and this easily makes the game unwinnable. There's something I actually kind of love about it because it's so weirdly creative, I think it was just really rushed, considering at one point in the game you're told, I quote, "Holli has become real and gone over to your world where she might damage the whole interworld matrix or something."

It reminds me of pic related, which is also objectively pretty bad but at the same time unironically one of my all-time favorite games Going into the "Distortion Dimension" will probably kill you, it's extremely easy to get stuck in a position where you can't make it back to your home without dying. There's an item that you can get to teleport you back but it requires you to solve a very difficult puzzle and naturally the game is bugged so it doesn't actually work at all. Also if you go to sleep at your house you have to play a minigun where you fight off "BAD DREAMS" with a dreamgun or else you'll have a nightmare and actually lose energy.
>>
>>4106041
Sonic 1 and 2 are pretty good, but all the ones where they try to ape the Genesis games are terrible.
>>
>>4105893
The bastards butchered Ralph Bakshi's original pitch because one of the cast members wanted the movie to be a vehicle to show to sick kids at hospitals. Bakshi actually punched a guy out over it.
>>
File: 0_49a54_c41453ce_XL.jpg (44KB, 688x416px) Image search: [Google]
0_49a54_c41453ce_XL.jpg
44KB, 688x416px
>>4106580
They showed a cartoon full of sex and drug abuse to sick kids at hospital? WHAT?
>>
>>4106580
> According to Bakshi, Basinger had attempted to rewrite the film halfway into its production because she "thought it would be great [...] if she would be able to show this picture in hospitals to sick children [...] I said, 'Kim, I think that's wonderful, but you've got the wrong guy to do that with.' [...] [Mancuso] was sitting there with Kim [...] agreeing with her."[4]
HAHHAHA it's fucken true.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.