[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Castle of Illusion/Mickey Mouse games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Been playing through Castle of Illusion and I'm loving it. It's a quality platformer that's also fairly challenging.

Anyone else appreciate some retro Disney games? The Illusion entries on the Game Gear are supposed to be good too.
>>
>>4101504
Check out World of Illusion.
>>
>>4101506

I picked that one up and wasn't as impressed with it. Does it get better? Honest question, the first couple levels were kinda meh for me...
>>
>>4101516
It's pretty good. Mickey and Donald each get some different levels, and playing co-op switches things up too.
>>
>>4101504
This one is charming, but Quackshot is better. I think the music is composed by the same person in both games.
>>
>>4101534

Dang, I passed up Quackshot at my local game store a while ago. I just looked the game up and now I'm sad I didn't snag it while it was there. Looks fun as heck.
>>
I like Magical Quest a lot.
>>
Donald Duck games are better, especially Lucky Dime Caper.
>>
>>4101504
Play the Master System version after.
Also:
>The Lucky Dime Caper
>Deep Duck Trouble
>>
File: magicalquest-t.gif (1MB, 500x508px) Image search: [Google]
magicalquest-t.gif
1MB, 500x508px
>>4101516
World of Illusion is a nice game, definitely worth playing to completion but yeah, it's better with co-op.
I still like Castle of Illusion better.
I also second Quackshot (probably my favorite Disney game ever), and Magical Quest series.
Deep Duck Trouble and Land of Illusion on Game Gear (didn't play the SMS versions) are also fun.

Basically, if it's a Disney game, and it's developed by either Sega or Capcom, it's good.
Don't be fooled by Fantasia though, it may say Sega, but it wasn't Sega of Japan who developed it. I will never not be angry at that game because I bought it on release and was hyped as fuck after playing Castle of Illusion, and Fantasia is simply a turd of a game, it's not even mediocre or "bad but playable"; it's just bad and unplayable, and doesn't have the charm of the movie at all.
>>
>>4101538
It's above average, good way to waste an afternoon
>>
How do the Master System games hold up on the Game Gear?
>>
>>4101664
>Basically, if it's a Disney game, and it's developed by either Sega or Capcom, it's good.

Pretty much. Surprising how good the games for the 16-bit generation are. Quackshot is an all time great. Always felt the NES Capcom titles were a tad overrated (still quality games, just nothing to write home about). Soundtracks were always good though.

Donald in Maui Mallard was a fun game but was sort of like a poor man's Aladdin. Aladdin for Genesis I feel is a phenomenal game and the floaty controls and over-animation was never a problem for me.
>>
I remember Mickey Mania being pretty challenging too. Also a gorgeous game.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnD0Ga5xrfQ
>>
>>4101504
World of Illusion [that's the one with Donald in it as player 2, right?] has a glitchy bullshit that broke the game for me in the water level, I can't remember exactly, since I played all these Sega and Capcom disney games last summer.
iirc it was the spot with the sharks.
Maybe Kega Fusion fucked up on me, I dunno.
>>
>>4101504
wish there was a level editor for this, and maybe a hack that adds in some of the improvements the sms version added in
>>
>>4102239

What kind of improvements are in the SMS version?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.