[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

toejam & earl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

This is my favorite game ever.
>>
I liked the 2nd one more
>>
>>4101353
>wander around a giant map full of nonthreatening enemies picking up useless items
Remind me how this game is at all fun?
>>
>>4101389
>nonthreatening enemies

You've never met that fucking dentist tbqh
>>
File: 2362589-ds.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2362589-ds.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>4101389
I don't know, it's just perfect. The randomized presents. The general harmlessness, but it always gets tense at some point. But unless you're really careless you usually win. What's the win condition? Go home, funky aliens. Go home.

You can play it with practically anyone. Or solo, but it's better with a partner. Start to finish it takes about two hours. Then it's over, you did it. Later on you can play it again. Just perfect.

The music is god-tier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=301acFz0a_A
>>
I don't think there's anything presents a more pure, distilled essence of the early 90's than Toejam & Earl.

I don't think anything can possibly be, thematically speaking, more 'of its time' than this game this is.

It is the summer of 1991 in videogame format.
>>
>>4101479
>The music is god-tier.

That's one thing the sequel did better IMHO. The instrument patches are so good that the tunes sound like actual jazz/funky pieces.
>>
>>4101353
How's the new game that's just recently been released on Steamâ„¢?
>>
>>4101494
That's it. Word for word. Pic rel.

>>4101510
post yer fave

>>4101512
I haven't tried it yet. Don't feel the need, weirdly. This one seems to basically give me all I need. Maybe it's good?
>>
Is it more fun to play than it is to watch because this game looks like drying paint to me.
>>
>>4101553
You had to be a kid in the 90s to properly "get it".
>>
Speaking of which... Look up this cover song on YouTube:

>ToeJam & Earl - Rapmaster Rocket Racket (Feat. Mega Ran) - Super Soul Bros

Can't post the link because I'm on mobile, but it's great. Who could guess the music originates from a 1991 video game?
>>
>>4102520
>Can't post the link because I'm on mobile
Yeah that's definitely a limitation of mobile phones. Dumbass.
>>
Is Toejam & Earl a roguelike?
>>
>>4102531
No. It's a game with randomized maps and items.
>>
>>4102527
>I'm on mobile and already using the YouTube app for other things

Better?
>>
>>4101389
It's the kind of game you'd rent when nothing else was available. It's mediocre with abit of charm.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.