[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any decent Hokuto no Ken retro game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: kenshiro.jpg (210KB, 800x842px) Image search: [Google]
kenshiro.jpg
210KB, 800x842px
Is there any decent Hokuto no Ken retro game?
>>
File: hokuto_sms.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hokuto_sms.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>>4100735
the Master System one is pretty good for its time
>>
File: hokuto_ps.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hokuto_ps.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>4100735
then there's the Playstaion game, it came out very late in the system lifespan and looks amazing
>>
>>4100925
this the playstation game is good
>>
First musou game is decent
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (234KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
234KB, 1920x1080px
>>4100924
The SEGA Genesis versions is good.
>>
>>4100924
DID YOU KNOW
>>
The first Musou and the GG-esque are but not retro
>>
>>4101458
This, even under the "Last Battle" censorship it's a solid game
>>
Every Fist of the North Star game is worth looking at, sans the Raoh PSP game.
>>
>>4100735

Hmmm...
>>
>>4100735
The PS1 one is absolutely top tier.
Other than that, the first Hokuto Musou on PS3 is also great, but it's obviously not retro.
Second Hokuto Musou threw away everything good about the first one, the only positive thing I can say about second one is that it had much better story mode in terms of being comprehensive.
>>
>>4101840
>sans the Raoh PSP game
It's ok though. It's a for-fans-only harmless 1 on 1 brawler.
Also Ten no Haoh is criminally underrated especially since it's the only one of the Gaiden Hokuto stories actually written by Hara and Buronson, despite being illustrated by a different guy (and the art style grew on me desu).
My only regret is that it wasn't longer and that they removed some parts from the manga (like Jagi and Amiba) from the anime adaptation of Ten no Haoh.
>>
>>4101840
I thought that one had a decent soundtrack
>>
>>4101840
I downloaded a DS emulator for my android phone and probably the game I played the most was the one where you used the touch screen to make people blow up
>>
>>4101840
Idk dude "10 Big Brawls for the King of the Universe" is pretty shitty despite the banger of a title.
>>
>>4101925
The one that's basically just digitally colored manga panels QTE: the game? It's great in Kenshiro parts but fuck the Rei parts that expect you to do super precise quick slashes with DS's awful resolution and pixel count (and thus shit slice accuracy) in VERY limited timeframe.
Seriously fuck the Rei parts.
>>
>>4101839
I think you don't understand what censorship is
>>
File: Fist_of_the_North_Star_Coverart.png (149KB, 256x352px) Image search: [Google]
Fist_of_the_North_Star_Coverart.png
149KB, 256x352px
This is good
>>
>>4103251
Have you played it? It's not just a change of name. They removed the blood and exploding enemies, in Last Battle they just get knocked off the screen.
>>
>>4100735
There are some excellent JRPGs based on Hokuto no Ken. Sadly they are untranslated.
>>
>>4103357
Names?
>>
>>4103440
Hokuto no Ken
>>
File: 10158-Punch_Mania_cabinet.jpg (117KB, 350x600px) Image search: [Google]
10158-Punch_Mania_cabinet.jpg
117KB, 350x600px
>>4100735
THE ARCADE ONE

FIST MANIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnxi5-b7J9c
I have played the arcade one and it makes you a MAN

ALSO FIRST FUNKY FIGHTER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDluPev0BPQ
>>
pure trash
>>
>>4106653
I first saw that years ago before I started getting into the series. I think if I ever went back in time, it would be in an arcade where that machine was and I would only bring my pockets full of quarters.
>>
File: punchmania.jpg (962KB, 957x1500px) Image search: [Google]
punchmania.jpg
962KB, 957x1500px
>>4108992
>>4108992
That machine makes a ton of money Im surprised they are kind of rare to find. When I played it at an anime convention only strong people could play it (I saw one girl play) and it cost $1. But it was worth it even if I never got to see the ending. You got to punch fast and I kept missing. You get these nice punching gloves too and the speakers are loud.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q58bIVsklAs
>>
>>4106653
>>4109784
I have played this at the only retro arcade in my area (that sadly shut down). Fun as fuck, but I could never do the exploding finisher right.
>>
>>4100924
played it on PS2. the remake is retartedly easy compared to the original. understandably the PS2 remake was aimed for a budget series of games which includes OutRun, Golden Axe and Alien Syndrome.
>>
>>4106653
If I were rich I would import this from wherever I could find it in the world

In japanese
>>
>>4109872
shipping would cost more than the cabinet. sad
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.