[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Decent-excellent games that deserved 1 or 2 ports

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: Sysshock.jpg (42KB, 361x500px) Image search: [Google]
Sysshock.jpg
42KB, 361x500px
Pic related would have been Interesting to see on the Saturn, Jaguar CD, or PS1. It could have been possible, seeing as the sequel had a DC port that got canceled.
>>
>>4100406
Definitely deserved a PS port and I'd still have an og PlayStation hooked to my TV right now if the second had a port as well.
>>
>>4100406
Are you retarded? System Shock controls would've been awful on consoles.
>>
It did get a port to the PS1 but only in Japan iirc.
>>
how would the game be possible without a mouse+kb
>>
>>4100608
with a keyboard.
>>
>>4100608
there's a port of ultima underworld for the PS1 so nothing is impossible

though i guess system shock doesn't really have any darkness to cover up the probable lack of draw distance
>>
>>4100636
I would love to play an English patch of UW. One of my favorite games and the low poly and updated engine makes me hard
>>
>>4100638
has my favorite version of the soundtrack too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCS2DINBYAg
>>
>>4100636
Have you tried playing it? Everything is controlled by the four face buttons in combination with the shoulder buttons. Even simple things like picking up items become a chore.
>>
Its on Steam summer sale atm, enjoy it
>>
Should I play the Classic or Enhanced? I feel like the Enhanced Edition it feels like aiming like that ruins the game.
>>
>>4100489
>System Shock controls would've been awful on consoles.

Eh, I could see it being doable.

The problem for system Shock would most likely be in needing optimization work like Doom did. The PS1 was extremely weak when it came to 2.5D.
>>
>>4100858
I played the Enhanced version and to me it feels like that's the way it's intended to be played. Even though the mouselook will make it seem like Duke Nukem 3D, but it won't actually play like that. The mouselook will make everything more convenient, you will be able to see around yourself and spot important stuff you might miss otherwise.
>>
>>4100959
Oh and the enhanced edition will include the classic version for free.
>>
File: realms of the haunting.jpg (24KB, 256x311px) Image search: [Google]
realms of the haunting.jpg
24KB, 256x311px
This would be awesome on PS1
>>
>>4100960
>shilling Steam shit
System Shock Portable has existed for years, why would you waste your money on EE when you could play that for free instead?
>>
File: grim fandango.jpg (130KB, 256x341px) Image search: [Google]
grim fandango.jpg
130KB, 256x341px
>Make a game perfect for consoles
>Don't port it to the PS1 or Dreamcast

What were they THINKING?
>>
>>4100962

It's a good port and Night Dive are cool guys.
>>
>>4101187
Sure their other remasters are neat, but they didn't even work on this project.
>>
>>4101204
>>>/v/
no go
>>
>>4100489
I actually beat SS1 with a PSX controller and the mouselook mod. Setting it up was kind of a nightmare, but once it worked, it was great.
>>
>>4100406
SS1 could have been great to look at on the Acorn Archimedes.
>>
BUMP FOR LIFE
>>
>>4100489
That's not saying much, because System Shock had awful controls even on PC and the mouselook mod. Any streamlining of the controls would have paid dividends for a theoretical PSX/N64 port.
>>
>>4102037
I see its not your thing. Very well then.
>>
If doom could come to the Jaguar and 3DO, why not System Shock or Ultima Stygian Abyss?
>>
>>4102057
Because Doom plays completely different from System Shock?
>>
>>4102052
No, System Shock is an underappreciated gem that also has a horrific and overcomplicated control scheme. The two are not mutually exclusive.
>>
Im still pissed that the enhanced edifion didnt give us the option to have the Mac graphics and soundtrack
>>
>>4102246
Maybe someday, they will have an option in an update...
>>
What about a Sega CD port for the 6 button Genesis Controller in 1995?
>>
>>4102093
I finished it the other day without any mods. The controls are fine if you're not a big faggot fucking man-baby.
>>
>>4102037
>>4102093

The thing is, if you change the controls too much it won't be the same game anymore. One of it's strengths is that it has that many controls to facilitate so many actions.

All the softwares, inventory items, movement options are what makes the game. Same goes for picking through logs and emails. If you simplify it too much it'll just be another switch-flicking ego-shooter.
>>
>>4102943
the strength of a game is in the actions you can do, not the controls with which to do them
this is of course ignoring weird multistage keybindings, but if you can do all the same actions on an 8 button genesis controller, that doesn't un-make the game, it just gives it a different control configuration
shit, if starcraft can get a workable N64 configuration and still quite readily be the same game, what makes system shock so special?
>>
>>4102672
BUMP for life
>>
>>4103003
Jaguar CD + Lunar=???
>>
>>4103657
>TFW Megaman Legends never made it to the Saturn
>>
I think Star Wars: Dark Forces deserved a port to Macintosh and Sega Saturn. Ditto for Quake 2.
>>
BUMP OF LIFE
>>
What would Quake one Look like on the Saturn? How about Marathon 2 and Marathon Infinity?
>>
>>4104038
Quake 1 really does have a Saturn port, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI0Q0VWOp3E
>>
>>4104046
Oh, good to know.
>>
Space Dungeon should have been ported to the Intellivision and C64 just like it was ported to the 5200.
>>
>>4104038
Marathon 1 and 2 were on the Apple Pippin. It's like the only game on the damn thing.
>>
>>4105016
That and a bunch of education games along with a sub-par FMV game.
>>
>>4105035
APPLE PIPPIN: Not as doomed as the 32X, yet sold less.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.