[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the last good Sonic game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: Sonic_Adventure_2.png (3MB, 1346x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Adventure_2.png
3MB, 1346x1350px
What was the last good Sonic game?
>>
Sonic 1
>>
>>4100075
Sonic 2 for the Master System.
>>
>>4100075
Sonic Battle
>>
>>4100075
Sir, do you have any idea what shitstorm you have unleashed?

I change my mind all the time but for now I'd say Adventure 2. Hopefully Mania reignites my love for these games.
>>
anything post Genesis = crap
>>
>>4100130
>t. stubborn 2d only fucktard.
>>
>>4100145
2D Sonic is objectively better, young'n.
>>
>>4100078
fpbp
>>
>>4100075
Shadow the Hedgehog
>>
>>4100149
You have never played Sonic Adventure nor Sonic Heroes for yourself. But okay then.
>>
I actually enjoyed Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog, I only hated doing the fucking arc levels and needing to get all the endings for the true final level

I though Sonic Advance was pretty fucking good. It got the classic physics down and didn't have boosting or a retarded amount of rail grinding.
>>
>>4100185
i am not Chris "cancer" Chan. Don't take just one or two reviewers word for it. If you don't want to play it because "muh 3d is evil" fear, then fine!
>>
>>4100202
>>4100178

Not sure if false flagger or legit autist but stop what you're doing.
>>
they've always been of consistent quality, sonic is an ok series with a kind of interesting gimmick.
>>
>>4100178
I have almost accidentally managed to complete every single mainline Sonic game ever made, and I can promise you that Heroes isn't even the best 3D Sonic game, let alone better than the best of the 2D ones.
>>
>>4100178

Even as someone that sees the good in the Adventure games - Heroes is an abomination. There wasn't another good 3D game until Sonic Colors.
>>
>>4100075
Sonic Mania
>>
>>4100075
Sonic 2.
>>
Generations > SA1 > SA2 > Shadow the Hedgehog > Colours > Heroes > Unleashed > Lost World > 2006
>>
>>4100075
Sonic Adventure and Adventure 2 Battle
Mainly for the Chao Garden
>>
>>4100145
If I want to play a 3D platformer, I'm more likely pick something else. 3D Sonic is just overall weak by 3D platformer standards. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were the closest to decent level design for Sonic, but had too many other gameplay styles that felt like filler, and werent fully polished. Heroes/Shadow/Sonic 06 were just awfully designed overall. And the modern "boost mode" sonic games are yawn-inducing because of how automated it is, and often shoe in a few 2.5D sections that don't feel right.
>>
>>4100178
Sonic Adventure was my first Sonic game, the genesis games are objectively better designed.
>>
>>4100075
Sonic Generations
>>
>>4100075
That's not even a good game.
>>
>>4101173
This
>sonic games
>good
Pick one.
>>
>>4101197
Fuck off IGN bot
>>
>>4101220
It's not only IGN that thinks that.
>>
>>4100075
How is he still around? I kind of liked the genesis games back in the 90s, but never thought it was anything special. Considering the fact that, from what I've heard, the majority of his post 16-bit games blow, I have no idea how Sonicnhas had so much staying power the last few decades
>>
The last time every Sonic game being released was good was 2005, when Shadow the Hedgehog came out along with Sonic Rush.
>>
The last objectively good /vr/-related Sonic game? Sonic & Knuckles
The last subjectively good /vr/-related Sonic game? Sonic Adventure 2
The last good non-/vr/-related Sonic game? Sonic Generations
>>
>>4100149
Yes, 2D is objectively better on the GBA, wrinkles.
>>
>>
>>4100075
>implying there was a first good one.
>>
>>4101282
was the first one any good?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.