[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hyperspin Products?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Gamer_Girl_017_1_grande.png (2MB, 1072x1137px) Image search: [Google]
Gamer_Girl_017_1_grande.png
2MB, 1072x1137px
My brother and I are building a cab for his kids, for which I am supplying all the guts. The main plan was to set it up with Retroarch (I'm sure they can handle it once it's set up no problem), but this is also gonna be available for any of their friends that come over, so I'd like to basically set this thing up for the lowest common denominator of humanity. As such, I looked into Hyperspin.

I haven't looked at HS in forever, and when I did, I saw that they have all these systems and pre-loaded drives for sale now, but the pages that they're for sale on, and the videos they use to advertise them, are laughable at best. However, one of those pre-loaded HDDs or USB drives would basically be perfect for my needs, especially since the HDDs say:

>Through an easy process you can add or remove contents from the Hyperspin System. By this way, the screen will show you only the content that you prefer. Moreover, you can create your own personalized version. Besides, you can also hide the OS startup to get a more realistic arcade simulation.

Dear Hyperspin Systems, please hire an editor that isn't ESL...

So the question is: does anyone have any experience with these guys? Are they legit and just need to stop letting their kid design their website, or is this as much of a scam as it looks? I tried to find reviews for their products, but most everything I came across was "how to set up" or just some video of people scrolling through menus.

tl;dr - are Hyperspin products shit or OK?
>>
>>4098563
Dude. If you even need to ask you've already lost.
>>
>>4099043
A classic /vr/ response.
>>
>>4099068
Fucking idiot. >>4099043 is completely right. HS makes all these claims and then falls flat. But don't listen to us, go ahead and buy a drive. And then spend as long getting it to work right and configuring everything as you would from scratch because for whatever reason it's not going to "just work". GL!
>>
>>4098563
Is that sophie dee on the bottom?oif so,sauce?
>>
>>4098563
Hyperspin don't sell the frontend (which is free) or drives loaded with content - these are always set up by a third party for exorbitant prices. You're better learning to set it up yourself as you will save so much money.

Even worse, I've heard that some of these pre-set up drives have spyware/keyloggers so I personally wouldn't trust anyone selling this stuff.
>>
>>4099370
Here's the thread on the official Hyperspin forums that mentions the keyloggers:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forums/topic/13026-warning-for-pre-configured-drive-users/
>>
>>4098563
Build a raspberry pi cab.
>>
>>4099292
As someone that went on a couple of dates with her before she left for America, I can say it is not.
>>
>>4099443
always wondered,in case this is real,was she a football fan?who she rooted for?
>>
>>4099109
At least he baited you into writing an actual reply

Even Chinese shit that actually works has zero support, terrible websites, etc
>>
File: BBwX8hc.jpg (19KB, 497x373px) Image search: [Google]
BBwX8hc.jpg
19KB, 497x373px
>>4099068
There's some on every board.

>>4099109
You seem like a very angry individual to get this mad, this quickly over such an inconsequential thing. Furthermore, your post seems to read like I had already decided to buy it and was outwardly ignoring your advice before you even gave it. Talk to a doctor to see if chilling the fuck out is right for you.

>>4099292
No idea. All those images were pulled from the website in question. It was all flashy shit and gamer girls with no real details or substance.

>>4099370
>>4099373
Thanks for the info. I'll just skip HS for now, set them up with RetroArch, and configure HS on my own later. I thought it was one of those "seems too good to be true" things, and it clearly is. Worst case, though, it wouldn't have pulled any personal information, since the system it was going into was specifically for the cab and wouldn't have internet access.

That said, are there any solid "How-To" guides for HS that you suggest? I could probably google up a thousand on my own, but I'd appreciate being pointed to something that is recommended.
>>
>>4100532
If you have more money than time Romcollecter sells preconfigured drives. Had good luck with their dvds when a dialup fag. Else diy or torrent pre set up packs.
>>
>>4098563
its just a frontend
you could torrent everything yourself
>>
>>4100596
You know, I found a couple places that were offering Mega downloads and torrents of HS setups, but they seemed just as shady, plus half of them were in Spanish. Torrenting software directly translates to "enjoy your viruses" to me, and the Megas were "part 1 of 55" messes.

I'll check out Romcolleter, though. Thanks.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.