[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

credit feeding is the preferred method to play shoot 'em up games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

credit feeding is the preferred method to play shoot 'em up games
>>
>>4098408
Yeah, for the developer. Not so much for the players.
>>
>>4098408
Preferred by whom? Who are you talking about?
>>
>>4099932
The developers and the arcade make a buck off of you credit feeding, and doing it lets you actually finish the whole game, if it has an ending. Everyone wins this way, from a certain point of view.
>>
>>4098408
Unless the game has checkpoints, then no amount of credit-feeding will save your no-skill ass.
>>
>>4099937
So you mean that to the developer and arcade owner it's the preferred method?
>>
>>4099937
But you spend less time playing if you credit feed. Restarting after each game over allows you to play for far longer, especially as you improve and get those extends. It's also more fun because you're learning rather than bashing your head against a wall and wasting money.
>>
>>4101146
That makes less money though.
>>
>>4099937

that's the dumbest shit i've ever heard. the point is to master the game, not pay to see the ending.
>>
>>4101604
You can not like it, but that doesn't make it less true. The only real point is that the game is there to make money. That's it's job and why it was made.
>>
Try credit feeding R-Type.
>>
>>4101782
Just turn on the invincibility dipswitch cheat, instant 1cc.
>>
>>4101767
>>4099937
>>4101767
No retard that's what the operators wanted, the developers wanted to please both players and operators. If the game was bullshit difficult nobody would play it, but if the game was too easy it wouldn't be great for business. The situation is way more balanced that the one-sided shit you think
>>
>>4101767

the claim was that credit feeding is the preferred method to play, not the preferred method for the developer to make money. much of the fun is in overcoming the challenge. paying your way through the came is a hollow "victory". this confusion about how arcade games should be played has lead many incompetent reviewers to dismiss shmups altogether, criticizing them for being simultaneously too difficult, and too easy (and short). too difficult, because they die every two seconds, too easy because they have infinite continues, and they can just keep hitting the start button every time they die, until they "beat" the game.
>>
File: 36115_front.jpg (135KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
36115_front.jpg
135KB, 640x640px
I play most shooters 1-credit for a few rounds when I'm first learning it so I can practice the first few stages. Then I'll slowly credit feed it as I get further in order to practice a couple stages at a time. In the arcade if I really like a game then I'll sure throw a couple bucks at it. But iof you're arguing that's the point of arcades is to make money, then that point is kind of moot because we're talking about the best way to experience/play them, not the practical end goal of what the game was made for. That's being intentionally obtuse for the sake of b8.

So what games are you guys working on? Just picked up Fantasy Zone for the first time, getting used to that. This game is surprisingly hard.
>>
>>4098408
I prefer the cosolized ones where they give you lives and let you earn more.
>>
>>4098408
Only tryhards millennials deny that the best way to experience shmups is by credit feeding out the ass
>>
>>4101832

only tryhards deny that the best way to experience any game is god mode.
>>
>>4101841
This, iddqd all day everyday
>>
I'll credit feed through a bullshit game like Ghosts n Goblins, but I'll work towards a 1cc in a fair, well-designed game like Battle Garegga.
>>
>>4101798
>the developers wanted to please both players and operators

highly questionable
>>
>>4102156
Have you played the later revisions of GnG? they are a lot fairer because the satans don't have a ridiculous amount of health
>>
>>4102463
No it's not you retard, not the devs fault if you were a pleb. If anything some developers regretted when they make X game too difficult admiting it as a failure to please both sides.
>One regret I have is not being able to balance the difficulty in a way that would satisfy both game center owners and players - Masahiro Yuge from Toaplan
>>
>>4102491
That quote only proved his point though...
>>
>>4103101
No dumbass, he regretted that for only ONE GAME, all the rest he was satisfied as for how they turned out now fuck off millennial retard
>>
>>4101150
credit feeder will probably not frequent arcade as much as real players do. at best he will credit feed to the end, spending 30 credits and never touching it again. while serious player will spend 100 credits trying to get 1cc and then 500 credits trying to get 2-all.
>>
>>4103160
This pretty much, continues are there just for outsiders who aren't real arcade players, or for players that want to practice the later stages
>>
>>4101798
if anyone ever feels sad they won't experience the heyday of arcades think of this and that track and field was a major hit
>>
>1CC meme
Is there a bigger indicator of a mentally ill weeaboo?
>>
>>4103230
who do you think plays videogames dumbass
>>
>creditfeed meme
Is there a bigger indicator of a normalfag that just discovered arcade games?
>>
>>4103230

arcade games tend to be played for score. in modern shmups, in particular, the scoring mechanic is often central to the game. continuing resets your score. therefore, in order to get the highest possible score, players want to beat the game on a single credit. pretty obvious stuff, really. so in conclusion, you're a fucking idiot.
>>
Pleb: play for score
Contrarian: play for completion
Patrician: play for scantily clad little girls
>>
>>4098408
>shitposting with Parodius

Kys
>>
>>4101818
>Fantasy Zone

it's a bit easier on the Turbografx. The camera is smaller but the bullets are slightly slower. Plays the same otherwise
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.